Victor Orta report

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Victor Orta report

Post by Cjay »

15 league games gone, a 3rd of the league season, so seems like its time to get a view on Victor Ortas performance.

As his role is signings, going to list them all, then we give them marks out of 10 and a small explaination.

Then at the end Orta himself and an overall view. :-D

Only signings Orta is responsible for.

Samu Saiz-
Mateusz Klich-
Pawel Cibicki-
Vurnon Anita-
Matthew Pennington-
Felix Wiedwald-
Gianni Alioski-
Jay-Roy Grot-
Caleb Ekuban-
CBJ-
Pierre Lasogga-
Andy Lonergan-

Finally Victor Orta-
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
gessa

Re: Victor Orta report

Post by gessa »

Samu Saiz- 9 - made a great impact, just needs to be less selfish at times.
Mateusz Klich- 6 - not enough game time to judge properly
Pawel Cibicki- n/a not seen him
Vurnon Anita- 6 - started the season well but doesn't look comfortable at LB.
Matthew Pennington- 5- not impressed so far, there have been glimmers but not enough.
Felix Wiedwald- 2 - amongst the worst keepers I've seen.
Gianni Alioski- 6.5 - don't think we've seen the best of him yet, good work rate.
Jay-Roy Grot- 5- not ready for the first team yet.
Caleb Ekuban- not seen enough
CBJ- 5- not played much but very mixed performances.
Pierre Lasogga- 7 - goals ratio is good, looks like he needs to be fitter but we're not playing to his strengths.
Andy Lonergan-7- hasn't done much wrong but not been oitstanding either

Finally Victor Orta- 5 - not good enough.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Cjay wrote:

Samu Saiz-9 . . Standout performer, first class signing, hard to understand how he hasnt been discovered before at nearly 27.
Mateusz Klich- 6 . . great vs Burnley, not really had a chance since, good player there imo.
Pawel Cibicki- 4. . ok vs Burnley, not had many chances otherwise, strange signing.
Vurnon Anita- 6. . .good player, did ok at right back,, not a left back, be good to see him in a holding role.
Matthew Pennington- 5 . .talented, but not ready yet, may develop into a good cb, but not a starter yet.
Felix Wiedwald-2 . . poor signing, must be good gk there somewhere, but we haven't seen it really.
Gianni Alioski-6.5 . . Started really well, looked a class act, struggled for a while, but his work rate is class, more to come.
Jay-Roy Grot-5 . . .Glimpses of what he has to offer, difficult situation for him, not ready yet, but theres a good player there in time.
Caleb Ekuban-6 . . Looked decent, pace, power, work rate, desperate to impress whenever he played, like the look of him.
CBJ- 4 . .Disappointed, looked ok at times, but has also looked awful, deserves to be first choice lb for a spell however.
Pierre Lasogga-8 . . .9 games, 5 goals, 3 assists, 3Motms, class player, like him a lot, need to play to his strengths more.
Andy Lonergan-7 . .solid enough, what you expect from him, solid keeper, nothing special.

Finally Victor Orta-5 . . .some great signings, some potentially great/good ones, but some poor ones, the defence and goalkeeper situation is a real let down, needs to fix that.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

10 Samu Saiz - best player we've seen at ER since our Prem days. If we fail to achieve promotion, Saiz will go for £10m to £15m so he has to be the highest rating
5 Mateusz Klich - 5 not set the world alight in his few opportunities
n/a Pawel Cibicki - only played about 100 minutes so impossible to rate, hasn't looked anything special so far
6 Vurnon Anita - started the season well, struggled of late
4 Matthew Pennington - unimpressed so far
1 Felix Wiedwald - on a par with that goalie Grayson signed
5 Gianni Alioski - works had, right now I remain unconvinced
n/a Jay-Roy Grot - thrown in the lions den, like Cibricki needs games in the U23's or possibly on loan to lower league club
n/a Caleb Ekuban - impossible to assess atm,promising in his limited appearances
6 CBJ - some unfair criticism, don't think he has done too badly
7 Pierre Lasogga - we need to play to his strengths & provide him with service, could score 15 to 20 goals in his first season at Leeds
7 Andy Lonergan - done well, very solid & a massive improvement on our clown

5 Victor Orta - quantity rather than quality. Thank you for Saiz
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/foot ... w-13090744

Saw this, sort of confirms what most Leeds fans had heard, but doesnt make for pretty reading :cry:

Im sure Orta is a respected man with lots of contacts, and if he sorts out the glaring, obvious, plain as day etc gaps in our squad, then im willing to forgive the 1 missed window, new club, lots to do etc.

But, January is a make or break window for Orta and us as a club imo.
Signed

King Cjay

liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

15 league games gone, a 3rd of the league season, so seems like its time to get a view on Victor Ortas performance.

As his role is signings, going to list them all, then we give them marks out of 10 and a small explaination.

Then at the end Orta himself and an overall view. :-D

Samu Saiz- revelation 10/10
Mateusz Klich- 6/10
Pawel Cibicki- s**t
Vurnon Anita-gives you 7/10 if played in midfield or emergency R/B
Matthew Pennington-not a championship player
Felix Wiedwald-Christ :roflmao:
Gianni Alioski- 6/10
Jay-Roy Grot-s**t
Caleb Ekuban-Probably s**t
CBJ- 6/10
Pierre Lasogga-went from 8/10 to a 6/10
Andy Lonergan-6/10 when he catches the ball

Finally Victor. Orta f**k off
hector

Post by hector »

not a fan of his then Liggy??
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

hector wrote:not a fan of his then Liggy??
I think he is on the fence . . .
Signed

King Cjay

liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

hector wrote:not a fan of his then Liggy??
No I'm not TC will get the bullet soon enough
While he hides in the background 16 signings
1 v good Saiz
1 maybe Alioski
1 could be Lassogga
13 absolutly dross

Ring ring ring ring this is taken a fookinga while ring ....
Hola victor Orta speaking.....Andrea here I've just been reading MOT anda hava to agreea
Wifa liggyoso nearly all of youra footy a ballers are a fuckina dreadfula.
Anyhoosa I'm a gotta letter you go chow.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Cjay wrote:I think he is on the fence . . .
The fence that sits between really dislike and loathe :-D
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

NorfolkWhite wrote:The fence that sits between really dislike and loathe :-D

Tut..you orta know better
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Is it time to revisit now we are practically half way through?
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Samu Saiz-8 . . After a blistering start he has dropped in form and his shortcomings are starting to appear. Hopefully with time he can iron these out, still a success but his selfish streak needs to change.
Mateusz Klich-5 . . For whatever reason he cant get a chance, there is a decent player there imo but we may never see it
Pawel Cibicki-6 . . May rise, encouraging 2 performances, hopefully more to come.
Vurnon Anita-5 . Started well but dont know where he fits, decent squad player.
Matthew Pennington-4 . Talented but not what we need unfortunately, not ready to be a 1st choice.
Felix Wiedwald-6 . Improved lately, not as bad as some make out. Hopefully more to come.
Gianni Alioski-9 . . Nobody works harder, his tracking back is exceptional and capable of creating and scoring, best signing imo.
Jay-Roy Grot-5 . Young and unfairly hounded, not ready but theres raw potential if the boo boys dont destroy him 1st.
Caleb Ekuban-7 . .Such a shame he seems injury prone, id say a success based on his games so far.
CBJ-5 . Similar to Klich, hard to make a decision.
Pierre Lasogga-7 . .His record is a success, whats happened to him is a concern but on the pitch he has performed well.
Andy Lonergan-4 . Solid a few times, but awful at others, not 1st choice quality but he was never meant to be.

Average is 5.9
May rise, Saiz can rediscover his early season form, Wiedwald can continue his improvement, Cibicki can perform consistently.
Signed

King Cjay

Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Cjay wrote:Samu Saiz-8 . . After a blistering start he has dropped in form and his shortcomings are starting to appear. Hopefully with time he can iron these out, still a success but his selfish streak needs to change.
Mateusz Klich-5 . . For whatever reason he cant get a chance, there is a decent player there imo but we may never see it
Pawel Cibicki-6 . . May rise, encouraging 2 performances, hopefully more to come.
Vurnon Anita-5 . Started well but dont know where he fits, decent squad player.
Matthew Pennington-4 . Talented but not what we need unfortunately, not ready to be a 1st choice.
Felix Wiedwald-6 . Improved lately, not as bad as some make out. Hopefully more to come.
Gianni Alioski-9 . . Nobody works harder, his tracking back is exceptional and capable of creating and scoring, best signing imo.
Jay-Roy Grot-5 . Young and unfairly hounded, not ready but theres raw potential if the boo boys dont destroy him 1st.
Caleb Ekuban-7 . .Such a shame he seems injury prone, id say a success based on his games so far.
CBJ-5 . Similar to Klich, hard to make a decision.
Pierre Lasogga-7 . .His record is a success, whats happened to him is a concern but on the pitch he has performed well.
Andy Lonergan-4 . Solid a few times, but awful at others, not 1st choice quality but he was never meant to be.

Average is 5.9
May rise, Saiz can rediscover his early season form, Wiedwald can continue his improvement, Cibicki can perform consistently.
Hard to argue with most of that - I would swap the score for Saiz and Alioski, but I really like both players. I am hoping that a fitter Lasogga returns to the fray fairly soon, as I cannot see another quality striker coming in in January.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Initial scores in red up to 31st October

Current scores in blue up to Norwich game

10 Saiz 8
5 Klich 4
n/a Cibicki 7
6 Anita 5
4 Pennington 4
1 Wiedwald 6
5 Alioski 7.5
n/a Grot 2
n/a Ekuban 7
6 CBJ 5
7 Lasogga 6
7 Lonergan 4

5 Orta 5
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Gandalf wrote:Hard to argue with most of that - I would swap the score for Saiz and Alioski, but I really like both players. I am hoping that a fitter Lasogga returns to the fray fairly soon, as I cannot see another quality striker coming in in January.
Could understand you doing that.

Was close but thought Alioski has improved and his defensive contribution deserved a higher score then Samu.

Love them both, fortunate to have them :love:
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Didnt know where to put this.

Simon Kaiser 🚀

@curlywand
This Victor Orta scapegoat narrative has to stop. Did he sign Doukara, did he sign Diagouraga, Did he sign Wootton, Bellusci, Botaka, Erwin, Matt f**king Grimes, Noel Hunt, Cani, Del Fabro, Montenegro? It’s not an exact science. He’s doing ok. #mot

Simon Kaiser 🚀

@curlywand
Plus he’s just a man with a family who’ve just moved into the area. And he’s getting death threats. Nice. Keep it classy. #mot

8:18 PM - Mar 10, 2018

Thats from a member of the Kaiser Chiefs.

Now if thats true (presumably it is otherwise why post it). Then those responsible should be ashamed of themselves :(

Ffs its just football.
Signed

King Cjay

Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

Cjay wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:23 pm Didnt know where to put this.

Simon Kaiser 🚀

@curlywand
This Victor Orta scapegoat narrative has to stop. Did he sign Doukara, did he sign Diagouraga, Did he sign Wootton, Bellusci, Botaka, Erwin, Matt f**king Grimes, Noel Hunt, Cani, Del Fabro, Montenegro? It’s not an exact science. He’s doing ok. #mot

Simon Kaiser 🚀

@curlywand
Plus he’s just a man with a family who’ve just moved into the area. And he’s getting death threats. Nice. Keep it classy. #mot

8:18 PM - Mar 10, 2018

Thats from a member of the Kaiser Chiefs.

Now if thats true (presumably it is otherwise why post it). Then those responsible should be ashamed of themselves :(

Ffs its just football.
Spot on.

And I've had a poster on here run crying to one of the mods because I was sticking up for Orta and complaining about a mob mentality.

And what happened? The mod started threatening to ban me.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

It's also why I complained about the local media. They fuel that sort of thing.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Agreed it's just football so let Heck do his job till he's no longer in it ...

Rooti' for ya PH
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"