Victor Orta report

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Victor Orta report

Post by Cjay »

Richard wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:46 pm Who are our 7 worse players..

Felix
Anita
De Bock
Grot
Lonergan
Cibicki
CBJ

;-) :duno: ;-)
Now your just splitting hairs :) :roflmao:

TBF bit early to totally write of De Bock, Grot and Cibicki. Given there game time have they been any worse then O'Kane, Phillips, Sacko etc?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Cjay wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:06 pm Now your just splitting hairs :) :roflmao:

TBF bit early to totally write of De Bock, Grot and Cibicki. Given there game time have they been any worse then O'Kane, Phillips, Sacko etc?
Don't get me started on Sacko, I still cannot understand why he was offered a contract after his loan expired.

First few games after he joined I felt O'Kane made all the difference, he was like a missing cog, our fortunes seemed to change after he joined but definitely a backward step this season. Phillips divdes opinion, I am a fan of his and I think he gets a rough ride due to his style.

Grot is only 20 so I agree there is a chance he might come good but I must admit, I didn't even witness a glimmer of hope for us in the games he played. Why we haven't loaned him out to a Div1 team is a mystery.

Cibicki is 24 and he has only played as a winger for us, I can't see him improving in that position if I am honest, I would have liked to have seen what he can do as a striker but with TC and now PH completely overlooking him something isn't right.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Richard wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:10 pm Don't get me started on Sacko, I still cannot understand why he was offered a contract after his loan expired.

First few games after he joined I felt O'Kane made all the difference, he was like a missing cog, our fortunes seemed to change after he joined but definitely a backward step this season. Phillips divdes opinion, I am a fan of his and I think he gets a rough ride due to his style.

Grot is only 20 so I agree there is a chance he might come good but I must admit, I didn't even witness a glimmer of hope for us in the games he played. Why we haven't loaned him out to a Div1 team is a mystery.

Cibicki is 24 and he has only played as a winger for us, I can't see him improving in that position if I am honest, I would have liked to have seen what he can do as a striker but with TC and now PH completely overlooking him something isn't right.
I expect the deal was done and we just hadnt announced it, probably done back in January that season or even as a clause in the original loan.

I dont rate either Phillips or O'Kane, Phillips scored a few early door s which protected him a bit, but overall he is a poor player imo.

I like Grot, think there is a player there, ive seen glimpses in his appearances to suggest there is some talent there, a good touch a nice turn etc, just little things.

Agree on Cibicki, had decent hopes but he isnt a young man like Grot, he should be able to be a decent squad member by now.
Signed

King Cjay

MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

Sack the twat now!
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

MightyWhites wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:57 pm Sack the twat now!
This isn't the Heckingbottom thread.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

A full list of signings in the last 2 windows.
1 - Andy Lonergan
2 - Felix Wiedwald
3 - Kamil Miazek
4 - Matthew Turner

Fullbacks:
5 - Vurnon Anita
6 - Laurens de Bock
7 - Bryce Hosannah
8 - Hugo Diaz

Centrebacks:
9 - Matt Pennington
10 - Pontus Jansson
11 - Aapo Halme
12 - Pascal Struijk

Midfielders:
13 - Adam Forshaw
14 - Quasim Bouy
15 - Samuel Saiz
16 - Oriol Rey
17 - Mateusz Klich
18 - Jordan Stevens

Wingers:
19 - Ezgjan Alioski
20 - Hadi Sacko
21 - Madger Gomes
22 - Yosuke Ideguchi
23 - Alejandro Machuca

Strikers:
24 - Pierre-Michel Lasogga
25 - Jay-Roy Grot
26 - Pawel Cibicki
27 - Tyler Roberts
28 - Caleb Ekuban
29 - Adrian Balboa
30 - Oliver Sarkic
31 - Ousama Siddiki
32 - Kun Temenuzhkov
33 - Ryan Edmonson
34 - Sam Dalby
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

U23s and U18s in fine form now after struggling at the start of the season (and in previous years too). Certainly cause for optimism for the future
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I don't really have much problem with Orta unless he's meddling (no evidence I've seen) in the first team. Our junior sides look strong
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:21 pm A full list of signings in the last 2 windows.
1 - Andy Lonergan
2 - Felix Wiedwald
3 - Kamil Miazek
4 - Matthew Turner

Fullbacks:
5 - Vurnon Anita
6 - Laurens de Bock
7 - Bryce Hosannah
8 - Hugo Diaz

Centrebacks:
9 - Matt Pennington
10 - Pontus Jansson
11 - Aapo Halme
12 - Pascal Struijk

Midfielders:
13 - Adam Forshaw
14 - Quasim Bouy
15 - Samuel Saiz
16 - Oriol Rey
17 - Mateusz Klich
18 - Jordan Stevens

Wingers:
19 - Ezgjan Alioski
20 - Hadi Sacko
21 - Madger Gomes
22 - Yosuke Ideguchi
23 - Alejandro Machuca

Strikers:
24 - Pierre-Michel Lasogga
25 - Jay-Roy Grot
26 - Pawel Cibicki
27 - Tyler Roberts
28 - Caleb Ekuban
29 - Adrian Balboa
30 - Oliver Sarkic
31 - Ousama Siddiki
32 - Kun Temenuzhkov
33 - Ryan Edmonson
34 - Sam Dalby
Already forgot about Tyler Roberts. What a waste that was.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

gessa wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:43 pm Already forgot about Tyler Roberts. What a waste that was.
Wasnt exactly the boost our squad needed was he :lol:

May come good . . .eventually.

But why spend 2 3 4 mill on him when we have young lads like Clarke, Temenzhkov, Dalby and Edmondson all impressing in the youth sides?
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:06 pm Wasnt exactly the boost our squad needed was he :lol:

May come good . . .eventually.

But why spend 2 3 4 mill on him when we have young lads like Clarke, Temenzhkov, Dalby and Edmondson all impressing in the youth sides?
All that and he was crocked.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Bloody hell writing players off now before they even kick a ball for us - if he hadn't have got injured he might well have played and scored a couple of goals at crucial times and kept our season alive. People keep knocking the foreign signings and now knocking us buying highly thought of british talent - overpriced journeymen british players it is then so maybe that's why Orta was speaking to Jordan Rhodes.
gessa

Post by gessa »

weasel wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:45 pm Bloody hell writing players off now before they even kick a ball for us - if he hadn't have got injured he might well have played and scored a couple of goals at crucial times and kept our season alive. People keep knocking the foreign signings and now knocking us buying highly thought of british talent - overpriced journeymen british players it is then so maybe that's why Orta was speaking to Jordan Rhodes.
Knocking us for signing someone who was already injured and won't kick a ball this season.

Do you think it was £3M well spent ?
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

gessa wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:53 pm Knocking us for signing someone who was already injured and won't kick a ball this season.

Do you think it was £3M well spent ?
In the context of this season, then no, it wasn't as we needed someone ready to be at least knocking on the door of the first team. But if he fulfils the potential he undoubtedly has, then he could turn out to be a snip at that money.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
gessa

Post by gessa »

lufc1304 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:00 pm In the context of this season, then no, it wasn't as we needed someone ready to be at least knocking on the door of the first team. But if he fulfils the potential he undoubtedly has, then he could turn out to be a snip at that money.
Thing is Nick, we needed someone for this season, the right signing to get the goals and perhaps we'd be in a different position now. He should not have been signed until the full extent of the injury was known, Walsall sent him back injured early from his loan and he still has it and they have no idea when he'll be back.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Questions have got to be asked about our medical team, Ges, surely the injury should have been picked up? And I agre re this season, but maybe he'd have taken time to settle and we'd still be where we are? He was highly regarded at West Brom, so he must have something about him. Frustrating not to have his services as yet, but could still turn out to be a good buy longer term.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
gessa

Post by gessa »

lufc1304 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:11 pm Questions have got to be asked about our medical team, Ges, surely the injury should have been picked up? And I agre re this season, but maybe he'd have taken time to settle and we'd still be where we are? He was highly regarded at West Brom, so he must have something about him. Frustrating not to have his services as yet, but could still turn out to be a good buy longer term.

The Walsall fans I know rate him and long term it could be a good signing, but....
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:04 pm Thing is Nick, we needed someone for this season, the right signing to get the goals and perhaps we'd be in a different position now. He should not have been signed until the full extent of the injury was known, Walsall sent him back injured early from his loan and he still has it and they have no idea when he'll be back.
Fulham did it in January signing Mitrovic on loan from Newcastle giving them the impetus the Cottagers required. His 7 goals in 9 games has swiftly moved Fulham into 3rd place, a class signing at this level. There again Fulham are a club with proper ambition
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:04 pm Thing is Nick, we needed someone for this season, the right signing to get the goals and perhaps we'd be in a different position now. He should not have been signed until the full extent of the injury was known, Walsall sent him back injured early from his loan and he still has it and they have no idea when he'll be back.
Typifies the slap-dash management running our beloved club mate
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kun Temenuzhkov was rated highly by Barcelona ffs.

Let go for non footballing reasons.

Why sign Tyler Roberts for £3m injured when we could have given Kun a try for free?

Signed a cb for 3m.
Signed

King Cjay