TC - Stay or Go?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

well?

Needs time
58%
Out of his class, he cannot turn this round
27%
I really don't know
15%

Total votes: 26

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: TC - Stay or Go?

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote:Green was contracted here for another season at original cost IIRC, don't remember any "pay me more or I go" stand from him. He'd have been happy to stay as first team goalie. I'd be the same if I wasn't going to play I might at least earn more money doing it. I'd have made the same choice. (Actually I'd have watched the Weidwald game tape and realised I'd be starting before long, but still)

I think he may have even stayed to fight for his place in pre season but Felix starting was written in stone and Green realised it was a fight he'd have to fight with both arms tied behind his back ...which is an irony because that's how ....no, too easy
Green had a 1 year contract with an extension option he could take up that was triggered by playing a certain amount of matches. Now remember the contract was one offered by Cellino so it was likely that the contract extension would have guaranteed a pay rise similar to the one Marco Antenucci had. As such I feel the board likely wanted to get rid of him due to the wages. No doubt TC wanted a ball playing keeper but again it isn't him making signings - he was likely given a few options and FW was likely the one that was the best of those and had a reasonable pedigree. Once FW was signed then TC's hands were probably tied as even if he preferred Green he could hardly play him instead of a keeper that the club had spent money on. Ideally we would have kept Green then as back up but the club wouldn't have wanted to spend big wages on a back up and probably saved over £500k a year by replacing him with Lonerghan.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

faaip wrote:
Kind of you to say so ...all true
:lol:
Last edited by Norm on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote:I'd imagine there were no other offers or Hudds came along first. I'd have been very pissed off if I were one of the best players at the club and proven then demoted for no good reason. I'd have gone first opportunity too. I don't think we can say he may have blackmailed the club unless we have some kind of proof. Not saying mine is the correct version but it's more likely. If it comes out with some authority he did then I'll be the first to make the doll and start sticking pins in
Your right, we have no proof either way of what went on behind the scenes, all we can do is speculate :-D

I feel sorry for Green in one way, he had played well on the whole, but he has choosen to sit on a bench for more cash in the twilight of his career.

Would i do that, no, but its not my career and its not my livelihood.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote:Don't let me discourage you though, your a hell of a good poster CJay and I'm a bit of an arse
Its fine Faaip, respect your opinion, be a very dull forum if we all just nodded and agreed :roflmao:
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote:Its fine Faaip, respect your opinion, be a very dull forum if we all just nodded and agreed :roflmao:

Erm...agreed

:wink:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

gessa wrote:Erm...agreed

:wink:
You forgot to nod as well Ges :lol: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Gee, that's not a controversial step is it?
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
gessa

Post by gessa »

becchio bear wrote:You forgot to nod as well Ges :lol: :bear:
Couldn't find that smilie :-D
gessa

Post by gessa »

HarryofOz wrote:Gee, that's not a controversial step is it?
I know, on Thursday they were saying he'd been invited to any game of his choice as a guest to watch, it has now moved to this.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

gessa wrote:Couldn't find that smilie :-D
I'm still waiting for a wine slurping smilie to be incorporated :P we could do with some new ones...... faaip?? :-D :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

becchio bear wrote:I'm still waiting for a wine slurping smilie to be incorporated :P we could do with some new ones...... faaip?? :-D :bear:
Yes! There was some talk of that a while ago....for us laydees :lol:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not down to me to add them, that takes Admin
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Yes! There was some talk of that a while ago....for us laydees :lol:
It's not only you ladies who enjoys a glass of wine :wink:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Not down to me to add them, that takes Admin
Beyond my capabilities folks :|
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Gotta praise TC again.

He had them fired up, he had the front 4 fired up.

He was brave enough to trust the relatively inexperienced Vieira and Phillips in midfield against the vastly experienced Howson and Leadbitter. Recognised that they would run themselves ragged and fight for the cause rather then O'Kanes more erm, laid back style.

He recognised we needed to go for it from the off and reunited Pablo, Ali and Saiz despite criticisms (valid at times) that they are to lightweight. Have to say those 3 battled as hard as anyone.

He rightly or wrongly stuck with Lonners, Ayling and Cooper despite vocal calls for all 3 to be dropped. All 3 were solid enough (Buffoon moment aside).

He resisted the urge to go with the more physical Grot, preferring the more mobile Roofe, worked well against the physical Boro cbs.

Dont know what he did to Pontus but he was a man reborn, fired up from the very start.

He made intelligent subs when needed, O'Kane for Saiz when the game called for a bit of defensive steel (realise thats a contradiction in terms with O'Kane) but fresh legs anyways. Roofe had ran himself ragged so he brought on the pacey and eager Ekuban when Boro were going for it. And he took Ali off to waste a bit of time, he was also knackered and got a well deserved applause, Penny came on for that extra defender.

But most importantly he showed that he can organise the team, he can motivate them, he can do his job when he is under intense pressure.
Signed

King Cjay

Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I like your post Cjay. I think overwhelmingly, STAY!
We have the opportunity of a lifetime with him if we show faith.
Let's ride over any minor setbacks and urge him on.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Fully agree there CJ, brave from TC. Against a Boro side who have spend a fortune and in theory should be one of the main contenders for promotion he could have been tempted to go defensive and try to get a point.....hats off to TC him and the team stepped up to the plate on Sunday.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Pointless changing the manager/coach three months into the season, we only have to start all over again. Point is who's out there if we did replace TC ? just a load of journeymen looking for their next pay packet. Christiansen has made mistakes as all managers do, hopefully this is a learning curve for him early in his managerial career !
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Norm wrote:I like your post Cjay. I think overwhelmingly, STAY!
We have the opportunity of a lifetime with him if we show faith.
Let's ride over any minor setbacks and urge him on.
Agree entirely.

I think TC has the makings of a really good manager.
Signed

King Cjay