Ronaldo Vieira

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Ronaldo Vieira

Post by The Subhuman »

4231 would suit us much better I feel.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

andrewjohnsmith wrote:

It seems everyone thinks he's a class player except Leeds fans (the majority at least). Holloway said after the game that he was a class above everyone else. Still I remember going to Leeds games and hearing Gary Speed constantly get slaughtered by the fans. How can a player so highly rated outside the club get so much flack on here? Get behind the player.
In a previous post on another thread, I said of my first game at Elland Road in 1963 that fans were baying at Jack Charlton (of all people) saying that he was useless, yet he was a deserved World Cup winner 2.5 years later. It just shows what some of these baying rent-a-gob idiots know.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Strong rumours he is off to Sampdoria for 6.25million

In todays market thats pathetic.

And selling the most talented midfielder is also typical.

People justify it with "well he hasnt been great recently, we need better".

Which falls down when you realise he is going to Serie A.

Not good enough for the Championship but good enough for Serie A :duno:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Just been announced on Sky that he is flying to Genoa tonight, ahead of a £6 million move to Sampdoria....
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:09 pm Just been announced on Sky that he is flying to Genoa tonight, ahead of a £6 million move to Sampdoria....
Not far off the £7mil we are paying for Bamford . . .funny that.

:flog: :flog: :flog:
Signed

King Cjay

danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Absolute disgrace if we sell him for 7 million
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

I think I might cry :cry:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Im amazed how accepting people are of it on social media and trying to justify it with "Kalvin Phillips played well in pre season".

Against lower league sides :duno:

He is going to a higher level league.

Sell to buy as always.

Mentioned before regarding Phillips.

One is a highly regarded England youth international linked (and seemingly going) to a higher level.

The other is 2 years older and has never been linked away once, says it all.

So sad/angry :(
Signed

King Cjay

Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:27 pm Not far off the £7mil we are paying for Bamford . . .funny that.

:flog: :flog: :flog:
Here we go . No doubt the rest of the Radz haters will be out in force soon.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

This will be Biesla telling Vierra he's not in his plans, I doubt Rads sells RV from underneath Marcelo. I think it's a mistake, I've really no idea how legit the Saiz sales rumours were but he'd have been a better option to let go.

Ronaldo is a very promising player imo, one of the better players to come and there will always be a great feeling of what if once MB has gone and we start again. There's way too many fans of his work in the business to write them all as no nothing managers/coaches/DoF's
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Gandalf wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:20 pm Here we go . No doubt the rest of the Radz haters will be out in force soon.
David Brooks went for between 10-12mil.

How is Vieira not worth more?

Selling a highly rated young player for less then he is worth.

Not a Radz hater but thats whats happening.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:20 pm Here we go . No doubt the rest of the Radz haters will be out in force soon.
Not me....I think this one is Bielsa's decision who has seen what I've witnessed for much of the last two seasons, our midfield constantly overrun with no belly in the engine-room.
I often talk about the spine of a team, well we've been well & truly spineless especially last season
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:47 pm Not me....I think this one is Bielsa's decision who has seen what I've witnessed for much of the last two seasons, our midfield constantly overrun with no belly in the engine-room.
I often talk about the spine of a team, well we've been well & truly spineless especially last season
And TC was the reason for that
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:47 pm Not me....I think this one is Bielsa's decision who has seen what I've witnessed for much of the last two seasons, our midfield constantly overrun with no belly in the engine-room.
A midfield that had Kalvin Philips in it a lot more then Vieira.

Not going to comment on Vieira again, just going to annoy me.

Will wait till people are destroying Phillips and our midfield.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The thing that makes most sense to me is down to the lowness of the fee. A huge fee and you think 'well we couldn't possibly turn that down,' but with the fee being this low you would have to think he isn't part of the manager's plans. At the £7m price that is being bandied about you would be expecting the premiership teams to be pouncing if he is as good as some people in the game have suggested - £7m after all is peanuts for a premiership club and they could easily pay that and simply loan him out for a couple of years.

Whilst I think RV has a lot of ability and potential it is also worth noting that when we had our great start to the season last year RV was hardly getting a look in (and that was when our midfield consisted of Kevin Phillips and Eunan O'Kane). It is always a shame when a highly thought of youth player leaves but if he isn't part of the manager's plans then it makes sense to sell him if the funds are then used elsewhere.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:11 pm Strong rumours he is off to Sampdoria
Tell me what Sampdoria are getting for nearly £7m ?

He doesn't win enough 50/50 balls
Passing is average at best
Often caught wanting chasing shadows against better midfielders.
Not imposing enough
Not great in the air
One goal in 60+ appearances for Leeds
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

If we replace Vieira with bamford (essentially what is happening) I genuinely can't be bothered to pay any interest until radz and bielsa have gone.

7 million for Vieira is an absolute steal for sampdoria and the fee being quoted is in euros I think too so it's nearer 6 million pounds. Bamford is an absolutely depressing signing as well. Utter trash transfer window
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:53 pm A midfield that had Kalvin Philips in it a lot more then Vieira.

Not going to comment on Vieira again, just going to annoy me.

Will wait till people are destroying Phillips and our midfield.
Phillips isn't playing midfield anymore

Klich & Forshaw are a upgrade on Vieira imo!

I'm really hoping we have a big strong quality midfielder in mind to replace Ronaldo as we need some height in the middle of the park
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

But funds aren't an issue apparently. I thought we were beyond selling to buy.

I know it's not as easy as 'just selling' players if no one wants them, but Murphy and O'Kane ought to be going before Vieira.

I know I haven't watched him as extensively as some, but whenever I have he's looked good. I think sometimes our fans get an idea about certain players and then start to focus on their perceived weaknesses and miss what is good about them.

Wood, Bamba, Lees, Clayton, Johnson etc. were all absolutely hammered here at times and all have gone on to make important contributions for their respective clubs.

Phillips has been a target in previous seasons because people expect all young players to be as good as the likes of Cook at 18. Professional football has become a strange sport where if you're not playing well week-in-week-out by the time you're 22, you're a waste of space in some fans' eyes.

Players mature and reach their potential at different ages. Look at Mowatt, for example. He was playing to a good level at 20, but never really pushed on after that, and hasn't since he left us either. Maybe he peaked too early?

Someone like Jesse Lingard has only really broken into the Scum team at 24/25, Trippier is 27 and hadn't been particularly eye-catching until this season.

There's a reason a Serie A team is after Vieira, and it's not because he is a poor passer and loses the ball all the time...
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:10 pm 1. Phillips isn't playing midfield anymore

2. Klich & Forshaw are a upgrade on Vieira imo
1. He is, it's just a different role.

2. Klich is 28 and has made appearances for his national side. Forshaw is 26 and has played nearly 3 times as many games as Vieira. Of course they are upgrades on a 20 year old.