Ronaldo Vieira

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Ronaldo Vieira

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 3:21 pm
2nd most touches, 71, only Luke Ayling had more with 79.
Has Ayling not got his own topic

Our best player today contrary to what some think !

Gave us the energy our team has lacked for months
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:02 pm Has Ayling not got his own topic

Our best player today contrary to what some think !

Gave us the energy our team has lacked for months
He did well.

But lets not go overboard, a QPR team on its holidays isnt the toughest afternoon for him, defence was hardly tested.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:10 pm He did well.

But lets not go overboard, a QPR team on its holidays isnt the toughest afternoon for him, defence was hardly tested.
Ayling was everywhere....constantly running at the QPR defence, gave us something we've lacked in 2018

Covered every blade of grass, doubt we'd have won without him

He was the massive difference today
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Beaten twice at FB, out of position a couple more times. Pearce was the better defender today
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:40 pm Ayling was everywhere....constantly running at the QPR defence, gave us something we've lacked in 2018

Covered every blade of grass, doubt we'd have won without him

He was the massive difference today
Lord in heaven if thats true then god help us next season if Hecky stays and Radz doesnt invest serious cash :(

QPR may as well not turned up, they were that far gone mentally.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ayling that is
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Being "everywhere" is not a great accolade for RB
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Fair enough I know what I saw !
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

faaip wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:46 pm Being "everywhere" is not a great accolade for RB
Somebody had to
inject ungency into our side, agree with 64 Ayling had a major impact on the win.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

dezzy wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:08 pm Somebody had to
inject ungency into our side, agree with 64 Ayling had a major impact on the win.
We`ve been weak on both flanks this season. We missed Ayling big time not least because of him
going forward soo often.
Certainly one of the players who will give his all in every game. He did lose his form a bit,
before getting injured, and that correlated with the whole team playing weak. Coincidence?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Thanks Dezzy & Fred :tup: Ayling was brilliant today, the fans knew as he was the only named player we sung about.

Hecky also said in his interview he was impressive !

When you think Lassoga & Roofe were pleading to be subbed v Millwall because they were tired & then I witness Luke is still bombing down the right-flank in the 90th minute after four months out with a serious injury is testament to his fitness & dedication

Btw when our big strapping 16yo came on, Ayling was the one who ran up to reassure & encourage Edmondson him on his debut
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:59 pm Thanks Dezzy & Fred :tup: Ayling was brilliant today, the fans knew as he was the only named player we sung about.

When you think Lassoga & Roofe were pleading to be subbed v Millwall because they were tired & then I witness Luke is still bombing down the right-flank in the 90th minute after four months out with a serious injury is testament to his fitness & dedication

Btw when our big strapping 16yo came on, Ayling was the one who ran up to reassure & encourage Edmondson him on his debut
But Hecky wants to replace him with Yiadom :duno:

In all seriousness i didnt see the bit highlighted, thats good of Luke, i like that.

Just wish he'd done it more when he was captain!
Signed

King Cjay

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:59 pm Thanks Dezzy & Fred :tup: Ayling was brilliant today, the fans knew as he was the only named player we sung about.

Great to see some passion from a player, let’s hope it’s contagious.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

fred wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:19 pm We`ve been weak on both flanks this season. We missed Ayling big time not least because of him
going forward soo often.
Certainly one of the players who will give his all in every game. He did lose his form a bit,
before getting injured, and that correlated with the whole team playing weak. Coincidence?
Yeah interesting, remember looking for him to be dropped before he got injured, must just have been mental fatigue as to why he was poor, must have been desperate to show what he can do once again to the fans.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Back to Ronaldo Vieira ....

It seems everyone thinks he's a class player except Leeds fans (the majority at least). Holloway said after the game that he was a class above everyone else. Still I remember going to Leeds games and hearing Gary Speed constantly get slaughtered by the fans. How can a player so highly rated outside the club get so much flack on here? Get behind the player.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 4:02 pm Back to Ronaldo Vieira ....

It seems everyone thinks he's a class player except Leeds fans (the majority at least). Holloway said after the game that he was a class above everyone else. Still I remember going to Leeds games and hearing Gary Speed constantly get slaughtered by the fans. How can a player so highly rated outside the club get so much flack on here? Get behind the player.
This
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 4:02 pm Back to Ronaldo Vieira ....

This.

Best midfielder we have imo.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Amazed some of our fans are even considering selling Vieira as a good idea tbh.

Seems we either vastly overrate players or underrate them.

Young Player Of The Year under Gary Monk, never fully fit all season, despite that was pretty high in the MOTM table.

Only turns 20 in a month.

A mainstay in both of Englands Toulon Tournament winning sides the last 2 seasons.

Or how about being named by the CIES Football Observatory the 20th best player in Europe Under 20.

Ahead of the likes of Liverpool and Englands Trent Alexander Arnold.
Real Madrids Martin Odegaard.
Lyon wonderkid (wanted by Liverpool ) Houssem Aouar.

By far our most naturally talented midfielder and people want to sell.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Except where does he play in the Biesla 3313 ...the middle player in the first 3 is the libero, the middle player in the second 3 is the CMF spot it seems Baker is here for, the 1 is the Engashe that belongs atm to Hernandez and the middle player in the top 3 is the striker...the rest are defenders or wingers
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:48 pm Except where does he play in the Biesla 3313 ...the middle player in the first 3 is the libero, the middle player in the second 3 is the CMF spot it seems Baker is here for, the 1 is the Engashe that belongs atm to Hernandez and the middle player in the top 3 is the striker...the rest are defenders or wingers
Assuming Bielsa does use that formation, he has used 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 often just he is famous for the 3-3-1-3.

Difficult to second guess Bielsa, after all he played the exceptional midfielder Arturo Vidal as a wing back for Chile.

Could see Vieira as a Libero if given time, after all Conor Coady was a very average at best midfielder, Nuno managed to turn him into a good defender.

Javi Martinez was used as a defender by Bielsa at Bilbao so there is logic to it.
Signed

King Cjay