Ronaldo Vieira

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Ronaldo Vieira

Post by Cjay »

Is todays player.

Key member of Gary Monks 7th place finishing side.

Key member of Englands Toulon tournament winning side last summer (scored the winning penalty).

Fans young player of the year last season.

I'm a huge fan (can probably tell)

Where do people stand on Ronnie V

Starter or squad player.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Ronaldo Vieira

Post by Cjay »

With Saiz, Alioski and Pontus one of the first names on the teamsheet for me.

Love him.

Think its fair to say he has been the standout midfielder every game he has played this season.

Our only natural defensive midfielder, but capable of box to box, strong, aggressive, brave, give 100% every game.

And he is only 19.
Signed

King Cjay

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Again, Cjay, I've not got a lot to add to that. Rate him highly, even if his passing can sometimes be a little ropey. But when he simply wins it, and gives it, he's the best DM we have, and there's few better in this league, imo. Certainly for a 19 yr old. Should be one of the first on the team sheet every week.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
gessa

Post by gessa »

Has to start for me, he's the only midfielder we've got that can tackle, needs to improve his passing but hopefully that will come. It's who to start with him is the problem, must be time to give Klich a go, who incidentally isn't too happy about not being played by some accounts.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Great potential in Ronnie V - when he's on it he looks like a proper player but if there were any criticism from me he looks like he switches off sometimes in games and gets caught ball watching a bit (minor gripe) - as others have said his distribution can let him down but he's far from on his own in our MF on that front. If we could get in an experienced player to play alongside him and teach him the trade it would do him the world of good, at present we are starting to need to rely on him again and he's not there yet.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

gessa wrote:Has to start for me, he's the only midfielder we've got that can tackle, needs to improve his passing but hopefully that will come. It's who to start with him is the problem, must be time to give Klich a go, who incidentally isn't too happy about not being played by some accounts.
Not sure what Klich has done wrong as we look in desparate need of something different in CMF, must be due a crack?
gessa

Post by gessa »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Not sure what Klich has done wrong as we look in desparate need of something different in CMF, must be due a crack?
He made a big error at Cardiff and even though Felix should have gathered the ball at Leicester there was a bad mistake there too but he had an excellent game at Burnley. Got to be worth a shot how were playing at the moment
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Passing a bit off again . . .

But he was everywhere, up and down that pitch like Roadrunner.

Tenacious and strong.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Tin hat on :lol:

Right the two bookings were stupid, and for those he deserves yelling at.

BUT!!!!!!!

He made the most tackles and interceptions of any player on the pitch.

And, the first yellow we were being broken on at pace, Vieiras role is to break up play and had Saiz not given the ball away in the first place there would have been no break .

The second is similar and this was down to Hernandez.

He deserves criticism for the challenges but it should also be remembered that both times he was trying to cover for a teammates error (which it has often been said our players are poor at, covering for eachother).

If Vieira is at fault (he was) then Saiz and Pablo were also for putting him in those situations.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

It is a learning curve for RV and unfortunately in the role he plays he will always be at a risk of getting bookings and sendings off. He comes across as an intelligent player and I think this will make him an even better player for the future.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Has to start for me, he's the only midfielder we've got that can tackle, needs to improve his passing but hopefully that will come. It's who to start with him is the problem, must be time to give Klich a go, who incidentally isn't too happy about not being played by some accounts.
And drop Phillips ? :shock:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Tin hat on :lol:

Right the two bookings were stupid, and for those he deserves yelling at.

BUT!!!!!!!

He made the most tackles and interceptions of any player on the pitch.

And, the first yellow we were being broken on at pace, Vieiras role is to break up play and had Saiz not given the ball away in the first place there would have been no break .

The second is similar and this was down to Hernandez.

He deserves criticism for the challenges but it should also be remembered that both times he was trying to cover for a teammates error (which it has often been said our players are poor at, covering for eachother).

If Vieira is at fault (he was) then Saiz and Pablo were also for putting him in those situations.
What I was saying on the match thread.....our players make far too many individual mistakes which leads to so many soft goals conceded during our bad run
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:What I was saying on the match thread.....our players make far too many individual mistakes which leads to so many soft goals conceded during our bad run
Spot on.

Can forgive being beaten by better teams scoring good goals, but the amount of times we have conceded because of our own errors is very annoying.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

How much praise does this lad deserve after his performance last night :clap:

Ronaldo has matured into a fine player with so much more to come I feel
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

First name on the team sheet imo.

Biggest praise can give him is he reminds me of N'Golo Kante.

He wins the ball back, he isnt afraid to dribble, he is exceptional at retaining possession.

Passing isnt perfect but it isnt bad.

Build the team round Ronnie
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Another really impressive performance.

Defensively very good, the way he carries the ball when given the chance. Capable of beating people and played some really good passes today.

Such a talented lad.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

A very good player and a sensible decision by TC to bring him off when the game was won so as to not risk him picking up a 2nd yellow which is always a risk with a midfielder that has to make tackles - also good to give him a breather as he has played a lot of matches recently and people have to remember how young he is. A better player than Lewis Cook in my eyes and am delighted he is under contract for a few years still.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Absolute class, would walk in a championship XI. We have our new Batty, I'm hoping Saiz is the new Strachan. Not there yet though
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ronaldo is maturing with every game, another top performance at Loftus Road