Ronaldo Vieira

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Ronaldo Vieira

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Just wanted to get Vieira and Klich together.

Thought seeing there names next to each other may inspire TC :lol:

But seriously, its amazing how much we have missed him.

Vieira plays, we win those games late December early January. Absolutely convinced
Not for the want of repeating myself Cjay we are far too reliant on a certain few, sadly we haven't enough quality in the squad to sustain a challenge for a promotion place :(
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Wasnt good today, both he and Phillips failed to win the second balls and in his role that should be something that he is doing.

But, possibly not match fit, poor game but difficult for him.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Dont know whats happened to Vieira.

Maybe still not fit, rushed back?

He more then anyone would not have got bullied normally like today.
Signed

King Cjay

fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Viera, was he hyped? Did he really have some way over the average goog Performances. What I see now is, very little physical presence, not involved in the team as a whole, and most irritating not running a lot. Often I noticed him standing around.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think he's not compatible (yet) with Forshaw ...Forshaw seems to be where I'd expect Vierra to be and maybe that's having an effect. Football is about partnerships and this one doesn't look right. He may also be a still coming back to match fitness or suffering from a lack of confidence or is just not enjoying his football at the moment. I don't doubt for a second he's quality though
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Worth noting that our best performances at the start of the season were when RV was out of the team being allowed to recover from playing all summer. We have to remember that RV is still at the beginning of his career and will have ups and downs and we need to give him time to add consistency into his game as he has a lot of ability. Just hope the boo boys don't destroy him.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

weasel wrote:Worth noting that our best performances at the start of the season were when RV was out of the team being allowed to recover from playing all summer. We have to remember that RV is still at the beginning of his career and will have ups and downs and we need to give him time to add consistency into his game as he has a lot of ability. Just hope the boo boys don't destroy him.
Certainly not at his best but I still feel he is a quality player. He is still young and developing, he will need time and he will need help. What can't help is an ever changing midfield five. We've had very little consistency recently, lot of players out of position and a lot of partners in the middle. He will come good, very good.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote:Worth noting that our best performances at the start of the season were when RV was out of the team being allowed to recover from playing all summer. We have to remember that RV is still at the beginning of his career and will have ups and downs and we need to give him time to add consistency into his game as he has a lot of ability. Just hope the boo boys don't destroy him.

Our best performances were when we caught the league cold and they didn't "know" Saiz, Alioski, et al. Absolutely nothing to do with not playing Vierra
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I do think he's regressed from last season and is not the player that gained the England U20 caps and helped win the Toulon. That's probably coaching too
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Another poor performance.

Not helped by his yellow so early.

A yellow in his role stops him doing his job efficiently.

Still our best dm though, key player, need him back to his best.
Signed

King Cjay

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

I think Ronnie will be helped by Saiz coming back, he's always available to receive the ball from MF and allows them to keep things simple. PH needs to tell him to break the game up, win the ball and give it to Saiz or Pablo - let them get on with it from there, just do the easy stuff and play to his strengths.
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Post by LevLeeds »

He was poor last night, possibly the worst performance Ive ever seen him give. Terrible passing, couldn't find a Leeds man all night.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Was a poor yellow to give imo, just a minor scuffle. But it did seem to curtail him from that point.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

I have said for a while that I think we had over-hyped Vieira and believe its being shown now. For all he's combative qualities, although even that was suspect last night, he's passing is abysmal at times, even the simplest of ball's he messes up. Watch him carefully next game and you will see what I mean.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The lad's in a poor bit of form but we have to remember how young and inexperience he still is. He is going to have these setbacks but hopefully it will all help him to become the player he can be - we have certainly seen at time how good he can be.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:34 am PH needs to tell him to break the game up, win the ball and give it to Saiz or Pablo - let them get on with it from there, just do the easy stuff and play to his strengths.
Vieira can't even do the simple stuff well, easy 5 yard passes over hit or misplaced, even his tackles are powder-puff at times
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:52 pm The lad's in a poor bit of form but we have to remember how young and inexperience he still is. He is going to have these setbacks but hopefully it will all help him to become the player he can be - we have certainly seen at time how good he can be.
He's only a teenager & he never gives the ball away :roll:

I'll be glad when he reaches his 20th birthday so I don't have to hear that silly Leeds chant again
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:36 pm I have said for a while that I think we had over-hyped Vieira and believe its being shown now. For all he's combative qualities, although even that was suspect last night, he's passing is abysmal at times, even the simplest of ball's he messes up. Watch him carefully next game and you will see what I mean.
Bang on Gurj :tup:

I know our new signing is much more experienced but Forshaw is showing Vieira & Phillips how a proper central midfielder should play consistently well
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Well OTT criticism of Vieira imo.

Leeds fans do have a habit of slaughtering players and forgetting there just kids, ask Grot.

Vieira is only 19 years old, he already has over 50 Championship games to his name. He has been struggling with an ongoing knee problem since last season (his words).

Despite his age, despite his injury issue he is 6th on our MOTM table, with only 15 starts, all the players above him are older and have had over 20 starts (in some cases not far off 30)

His MOTM awards from us include against 2 of the current top 6, only 2 players have been given more MOTMs this season, Pontus Jansson and Samu Saiz. His other MOTM award was against the team directly above us, and our next opponent, in the last game we were dreadful and Vieira was one of the few to come out with any credit at all.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:01 pm Well OTT criticism of Vieira imo.

Leeds fans do have a habit of slaughtering players and forgetting there just kids, ask Grot.

Vieira is only 19 years old, he already has over 50 Championship games to his name. He has been struggling with an ongoing knee problem since last season (his words).

Despite his age, despite his injury issue he is 6th on our MOTM table, with only 15 starts, all the players above him are older and have had over 20 starts (in some cases not far off 30)

His MOTM awards from us include against 2 of the current top 6, only 2 players have been given more MOTMs this season, Pontus Jansson and Samu Saiz. His other MOTM award was against the team directly above us, and our next opponent, in the last game we were dreadful and Vieira was one of the few to come out with any credit at all.
Because you kept voting for him Cjay ;-)