Top of the league

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Top of the league

Post by Cjay »

As usual :-D

http://www.worldfootball.net/attendance ... 17-2018/1/

Home matches and overall :scarf2: :scarf2:

Wish i could go more :cry:

But good to see, as usual, Leeds support is leading the way :-D :-D

If you want to feel even more proud, our average home attendance, despite more games is 10th best in the country.

and the total, 9th, more then the current Champions, the former Champions, and the Toon army :cup

http://www.worldfootball.net/attendance ... 17-2018/3/
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Top of the league

Post by whiteswan »

Interesting though Cjay I've had an email from Leeds united telling me that tickets still remain for the Middlesborough game. It's the first time they've sent me one this season so, I'm wondering if the fans that heve been turning up are a tad hacked off with our recent run of form! Personally I wouldn't blame them for not wanting to go and watch the utter drivel that is being served up now....and I'm sure our very own 64 would agree with me....
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

Not suprised we're on top.
But i fear attendances will start to drop now.
As Whiteswan says, who wants to watch the garbage we're playing at present ?!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Interesting though Cjay I've had an email from Leeds united telling me that tickets still remain for the Middlesborough game. It's the first time they've sent me one this season so, I'm wondering if the fans that heve been turning up are a tad hacked off with our recent run of form! Personally I wouldn't blame them for not wanting to go and watch the utter drivel that is being served up now....and I'm sure our very own 64 would agree with me....
I agree it's not pleasant watching Leeds right now Swan but I've never stopped following LUFC since I first got hooked on the all-whites as a 9yo so I have gone through many ups & downs.
Proud to say I've stuck with Leeds over the last twelve years when are attendances were as low as 17,000 for some evening games & around 21k for Saturday games.
I do wonder where the 10,000 to 15,000 fans have come from over the last year or so.
Yes the bubble seems to have burst as the Boro' fixture hasn't sold out weeks before the game. Also there are many tickets available for our away match at Wolves even though the allocation is relatively low at only 2,300.
I was speaking to Phil (Griffin Branch) on the phone this morning, the SC I travel with to away games, he's quite pleased as it makes it so much easier acquiring blocks of tickets for our regulars to fill his coach. Some of our fellow branches had missed out on full allocations, fans who had rarely missed a match in decades lost out to the Johnny come lately brigade in recent months.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:As usual :-D

http://www.worldfootball.net/attendance ... 17-2018/1/

Home matches and overall :scarf2: :scarf2:

Wish i could go more :cry:

But good to see, as usual, Leeds support is leading the way :-D :-D

If you want to feel even more proud, our average home attendance, despite more games is 10th best in the country.

and the total, 9th, more then the current Champions, the former Champions, and the Toon army :cup

http://www.worldfootball.net/attendance ... 17-2018/3/
Those averages will soon decrease if our form doesn't pick-up Cjay
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:I agree it's not pleasant watching Leeds right now Swan but I've never stopped following LUFC since I first got hooked on the all-whites as a 9yo so I have gone through many ups & downs.
Proud to say I've stuck with Leeds over the last twelve years when are attendances were as low as 17,000 for some evening games & around 21k for Saturday games.
I do wonder where the 10,000 to 15,000 fans have come from over the last year or so.
Yes the bubble seems to have burst as the Boro' fixture hasn't sold out weeks before the game. Also there are many tickets available for our away match at Wolves even though the allocation is relatively low at only 2,300.
I was speaking to Phil (Griffin Branch) on the phone this morning, the SC I travel with to away games, he's quite pleased as it makes it so much easier acquiring blocks of tickets for our regulars to fill his coach. Some of our fellow branches had missed out on full allocations, fans who had rarely missed a match in decades lost out to the Johnny come lately brigade in recent months.
When I worked out in the Middle Eaat in the eighties I used to plan my holidays around Leeds United fixtures. Friends of mine used to fly off to Thailand, India, Kenya etc for exotic holidays. Not this Yorkshire lass. We were in the old second division.....I would plan to come home, get in as many Leeds games as possible.....and I remember once we were playing Blackburn at home. Me and my dear Mum were sat in the old East Stand, with only a couple of policemen to keep us company. Only 13,000 were at that game....but still I planned my 'holiday' around my beloved football club.
Yes, I agree that some of the die hard fans may have missed out lately to the so called 'new' fans, but we'll see if Elland Road manages to sell out for the Boro' game. It's also on SKY which might have an impact.
Stating the flippin' obvious....we need to start winning or gates will drop.......
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:When I worked out in the Middle Eaat in the eighties I used to plan my holidays around Leeds United fixtures. Friends of mine used to fly off to Thailand, India, Kenya etc for exotic holidays. Not this Yorkshire lass. We were in the old second division.....I would plan to come home, get in as many Leeds games as possible.....and I remember once we were playing Blackburn at home. Me and my dear Mum were sat in the old East Stand, with only a couple of policemen to keep us company. Only 13,000 were at that game....but still I planned my 'holiday' around my beloved football club.
Yes, I agree that some of the die hard fans may have missed out lately to the so called 'new' fans, but we'll see if Elland Road manages to sell out for the Boro' game. It's also on SKY which might have an impact.
Stating the flippin' obvious....we need to start winning or gates will drop.......
Nice one Swan, aye I remember stood on the empty terraces during the 80's

This is the first season I've known where Sky TV hasn't really affected our attendances, we'll still attract 30k + for the Boro' game. Like you I think there will be massive drop if we lose our next few games
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Those averages will soon decrease if our form doesn't pick-up Cjay
Understandable :(

Boro games important, for our season, also for our attendance.

Win, bragging rights, restore some confidence, lose, about defeat, fans even more upset because of the Monk factor etc.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom