Pontus Jansson

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Pontus Jansson

Post by weasel »

Thing is as well that it is complete bullsh*t. After impressing as a sub v QPR Cibicki then started 6 of the next 7 matches. The first 3 matches he played in we won but then the next 3 he played in we lost them all and that included the Newport cup loss where he was absolutely abysmal. So we didn't 'win 4 or 5 matches when he started'we won 3 and we didn't just start losing when we dropped him we had lost 3 games in a row where he started and frankly he was abysmal so he was a part of why we were losing. We also had Lasogga & Saiz coming back from injury which meant there were more options available. PJ then by suggesting Cibicki should have been starting is in effect saying his other teammates weren't good enough to start which isn't great for team morale.

Does seem to me that he is trying to be a bit too clever in his attempt to stir up trouble and force a transfer through.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Again not a Heck supporter, it's irrelevant what's happening now in regards to how bad TC was imo. There's absolutely no good argument that TC should have stayed outside of a fluke first seven/eight games...Replacing him with a manager like Heck is no excuse to defend TC.

Again not a Heck fan and when/if he does go you won't find me pining for the days he was still here.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Don't worry all our best player will be gone come the summer

And at least I know who is to blame......why would Pontus wished to be hoodwinked again when he can be successful elsewhere. Enjoy your career big man it was good while it lasted, you gave me some wonderful experiences particularly Norwich & Villa aways, sheer ecstasy :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:56 am Again not a Heck fan and when/if he does go you won't find me pining for the days he was still here.
Which applies to us all mate, we got labelled for giving Hecky a chance to show his colours as most fair-minded folk would do !

Who employed TC & PH in the first instance is questionable ?
gessa

Post by gessa »

D
Last edited by gessa on Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Elland back wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:19 pm Cibicki's face does not fit. It's as simple as that. Heckingbottom is trapped between the devil and the deep blue sea. If Cibicki plays badly, the Elland Road faithful will crucify Heckingbottom; infact Cibicki would need to have a blinder for fans not to jump down his throat.

For every week that passes the noose around Heckingbottoms neck will be getting tighter and tighter, and his creative thoughts and ideas put on the back burner in favour of the safe option of losing by just a few goals.

Jansson comes across as a leader, and whilst it was not politically correct for his outburst, whats the club going to do?

Bench him - No - public outroar

Fine him - No - public outroar

Transfer list him " "
Good morning Ell

All very true :tup:

Tbh Cibicki gives the impression he's a big girl's blouse, he has a decent cross in him but not a lot else to offer. PC is definitely one of many soft-bellied types in our squad

As for Pontus.....sadly he's off, a player we should have built a proper team around him.

Nevermind we'll no doubt sign up TOFFEE to go alongside Captain Chaos for next season

Can't wait :roll:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:51 am Which applies to us all mate, we got labelled for giving Hecky a chance to show his colours as most fair-minded folk would do !

Who employed TC & PH in the first instance is questionable ?
No some of us saw from the start that PH was quite clearly not up to the job and despite us pointing out the bleeding obvious it took some people a lot longer to see through the b*llshit. Like Clive said we should have been up in arms from the start and demanded answers from the board as to what on earth made them think that some bloke who was floundering at Barnsley was going to be a good manager. Instead people welcomed him, talked him up as if he was the new messiah, made all sorts of excuses and were generally insulting to those that were staring at a naked emperor and scratching their heads.
Elland back
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Elland back »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:00 am Good morning Ell

All very true :tup:

Tbh Cibicki gives the impression he's a big girl's blouse, he has a decent cross in him but not a lot else to offer. PC is definitely one of many soft-bellied types in our squad

As for Pontus.....sadly he's off, a player we should have built a proper team around him.

Nevermind we'll no doubt sign up TOFFEE to go alongside Captain Chaos for next season

Can't wait :roll:
Evening 1964, Pennington should be a lot better then he actually is when you see his pegigree. Very disappointing.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Elland back wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:50 pm Evening 1964, Pennington should be a lot better then he actually is when you see his pedigree. Very disappointing.
Just keeping my fingers crossed we don't sign him permanently
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Congratulations to Mr and Mrs Pontus on there baby news.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:23 pm Congratulations to Mr and Mrs Pontus on there baby news.
Sadly it is questionable whether Pontus will be at Leeds when he becomes a father
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

1964white wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:02 am Sadly it is questionable whether Pontus will be at Leeds when he becomes a father
Will be indeed very interesting to see with which Team we will start next season. Pontus may stay if he has the feeling that the club are moving forward, that is having a team/squad able to challenge for promotion. If not, and if he has some offers from PL clubs, he would be daft not to move on...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jansson: "It's not easy to play without confidence, which we don't have because of this form. But there were good things at Fulham.

Jansson: "We have two wins in four months, That's ridiculous." Says this has been the toughest period of his career.

Jansson on Heckingbottom: "I like him. People can't blame him." Says the failings this season lie with the players

Jansson on captaining Sweden: "That was sick. It was the biggest moment of my football career. My father was crying at home

Jansson on what's gone wrong this season: "Lots of things. We could talk about it for hours." On the question of whether the squad is worse this season than last season: "You need to speak to people higher up in the club than me about that.

Jansson on his future: said he has a five-year contract and expects to be here next season. Said he wants to play in the Premier League but that his dream is to play there with Leeds
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Wonder how happy PJ was last night with his countryman not even in the 18
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:17 am Wonder how happy PJ was last night with his countryman not even in the 18
instead of whom? Lassoga, Alioski, Saiz or Diaz whom we actually needed as it turned out
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I'm not suggesting Cibicki should have been in the 18 but PJ was suggesting that Cibicki should have been in the starting XI even when we didn't have this decimated squad.

Was he really injured or could he not be bothered staying on after we went 2-1 down.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

“I want to see the club’s ambitions. I want to play in the Premier League but I don’t want to take those questions before the World Cup. I’ve said that to Martin (Dahlin). Everything can change during the World Cup.”

Jansson, who has been linked with Southampton, Burnley and West Ham in the past added that there is still interest in him.

“There is interest. All I know is that I’m going to stay in England. It will take a lot for me to leave England. I really enjoy Leeds but I want to see the ambition that now is the time to take Leeds up to the Premier League.”
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Can’t really fault much of what he’s said in that last few paragraphs. Hopefully a kick up the arse that something will happen this summer
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I wouldn't blame him after our board's lack of ambition last season

Hope Leeds take notice of this warning alert as not only Pontus will depart a large section of our fans will say enough is enough too !
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Well said Pontus. A wake up call to the board that we are not happy about the lack of ambition, although the Bielsa appointment has obviously changed things.