Pontus Jansson

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Pontus Jansson

Post by Cjay »

Have to say i agree with Orta and Co on Flint, BCFC wanted far to much for a guy even BC fans dont rate as a defender that much, scores goals but isnt that good a defender apparently, certainly not for £10million.

Helander was a good shout but that did seem to be more paper talk then anything.

Harlee Dean was the one!!!!!

Think Orta had a snobbery towards the English leagues, and because of that he missed out on some bargains, Dack (who we are now linked with for £5mil plus) was available for less then £1mil, Maddison who we continue to be linked with for 3-5mil was available for about 1m right up until August 31st and Dean cost Blues £1.5mil
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:Flint has scored nearly 40 goals over the last few seasons for Bristol City, he's already on 7 goals after slotting in another one v Man City last night. Great attacking option as well as a fine CB apparently

Should have snapped him up summer, opportunity gone now !
They didn't want to sell, except for silly money. Now you can see why.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Thought he was disappointing today, actually thought Penny did better.

No idea what he was doing over the left side of the box when Sharp was free as a bird in the middle, wasnt stopping the cross, wasnt tracking Clarke, so what was he doing?

Bit later Billy Sharp (5ft7), got away from Jansson and should have done better with a header.

And bit later again, cross came across the box and Jansson had no idea who was behind him and ended up being beaten to the ball, luckily the contact wasnt great.

And up the other end, free header, should have done better.

He did some good things, but no more then average at best imo.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:57 pm Thought he was disappointing today, actually thought Penny did better.

No idea what he was doing over the left side of the box when Sharp was free as a bird in the middle, wasnt stopping the cross, wasnt tracking Clarke, so what was he doing?

Bit later Billy Sharp (5ft7), got away from Jansson and should have done better with a header.

And bit later again, cross came across the box and Jansson had no idea who was behind him and ended up being beaten to the ball, luckily the contact wasnt great.

And up the other end, free header, should have done better.

He did some good things, but no more then average at best imo.

Whilst a lot of people knock Cooper, and certainly at times it is warranted, he and PJ have got used to playing with each other and a change of defensive partner can really effect your game which may have been the case today.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:57 pm Thought he was disappointing today, actually thought Penny did better.
Thought he was really good today

I lost count on how many headers he won, several blocks too.

Without him we'd have lost that game by 4 or 5 goals
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Strange I thought Penny was suspect...great save from the header ....wish we had a keeper that could do that
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
hector

Post by hector »

faaip wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:03 am Strange I thought Penny was suspect...great save from the header ....wish we had a keeper that could do that
we had 2 last season!!! :cry:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:03 am Strange I thought Penny was suspect...great save from the header ....wish we had a keeper that could do that
Pennington was shaky, some of clearances are not clean (said it to my mate in the first-half) but he did grow into the game

Pontus was a rock clearing so many balls in the air from all the set-pieces we continually gave away plus all the crosses when our flank players allowed the blunts to get round the back of us so easily.

It's blatantly obvious that someone like Pontus may make the odd error when he is so involved in the game as opposed to those who go missing & contribute nothing throughout the match
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Always hard to know at times who's fault it is when someone scores/has a good chance. For example on the header that Sharp should have scored it looked like PJ was ball watching and allowed Sharp to get away but it might have been the case that he wasn't meant to be marking Sharp and as such was simply reacting to the danger as someone else lost him.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Excellent yesterday.

Everything Cooper wasnt, he was.

Dominant, positive, solid, strong.

He must get so frustrated, must know he is playing in a team thats going to finish below last season.

Will he give us another season?

Wouldn't blame him if he didn't.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Circle of life these days in football, maybe he gets on better with Heck than he did with TC. There's always hope but nothing you can do if a prem club comes calling
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Cjay wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:18 am Excellent yesterday.

Everything Cooper wasnt, he was.

Dominant, positive, solid, strong.

He must get so frustrated, must know he is playing in a team thats going to finish below last season.

Will he give us another season?

Wouldn't blame him if he didn't.
Sounded very frustrated when he received his MOTM award last night.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

What a collosos

We'd be fighting relegation without him :shock:

One more yellow card & we'll have another two defeats on our hands

Pontus will be off at the end of this season, he must look at the average/poor defence around him
& think why am I playing for this club.

He can do much better, if he does leave I wouldn't blame him one bit. The World Cup tournament could determine his future for next season.

Pontus & Saiz are two good reasons why I enjoy watching Leeds this season
will-be-there
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by will-be-there »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:18 pm Think Orta had a snobbery towards the English leagues, and because of that he missed out on some bargains, Dack (who we are now linked with for £5mil plus) was available for less then £1mil, Maddison who we continue to be linked with for 3-5mil was available for about 1m right up until August 31st and Dean cost Blues £1.5mil
gosh why haven't I pursued a footballer's career :roll: I wouldn't ask for much, just a couple of seasons and I'd be all packed and happy away somewhere in Spain Not that I'm against Dack, he's a keeper
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

will-be-there wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:18 pm gosh why haven't I pursued a footballer's career :roll: I wouldn't ask for much, just a couple of seasons and I'd be all packed and happy away somewhere in Spain Not that I'm against Dack, he's a keeper
Should have become a manager and won 7 league games in 12months, you'd probably have got a new club and massive pay rise.
Signed

King Cjay

will-be-there
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by will-be-there »

Cjay wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:52 pm Should have become a manager and won 7 league games in 12months, you'd probably have got a new club and massive pay rise.
hey your plan is even better than mine!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Watching Pontus cant help but notice how angry and frustrated he looks.

Noticed it after the 3rd goal vs Wolves , he threw his arms out looked thoroughly fed up.

Its nice to see a player so obviously upset with the situation, but its worrying.

What reason would he have for giving us another year.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Pontus post-Reading

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Pontus Jansson has told the Yorkshire Evening Post that he feels 'ashamed' of the club's current form.

“At the moment I feel ashamed,” said Jansson.

“In 2018 we have one win and I am born to be a winner and win games.

That’s what I live for, that’s why I play football, because I want to win games and we have one win in 2018 so I feel bad.

It’s difficult to put words on it. I came to the club last year and I had a good season and this season has also been good, but now we have won once in 10 or 15 games and that’s not good enough.”

I can understand how Pontus feels because I also have a winning mentality in the sport I play even though I'm old sod. Unfortunately we'll probably lose him come the end of the season
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:59 am I can understand how Pontus feels because I also have a winning mentality in the sport I play even though I'm old sod. Unfortunately we'll probably lose him come the end of the season
Think it is a certainty especially given the lack of progress and lack of any sign that we will do better next season.