World Cup Play Offs

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
gessa

Re: World Cup Play Offs

Post by gessa »

Italy v Sweden tonight, 0-1 first leg,

Personally I hope Sweden go through, never liked the null and void tactics of the Italians.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote:Don't know, but my bet comes in if he comes on. I got 50/1 on Fabien Delph when he was playing in League 1. Only got 40/1 on young Lewis, after his masterclass at Derby a few seasons ago. :)
Good luck Gandi :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Italy v Sweden tonight, 0-1 first leg,

Personally I hope Sweden go through, never liked the null and void tactics of the Italians.
I thought the Italians played some refreshing football in Euro 2016
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:I thought the Italians played some refreshing football in Euro 2016
Tbh that was the best I've seen them but that was under Conte, this new bloke is a traditionalist, boring crap.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Tbh that was the best I've seen them but that was under Conte, this new bloke is a traditionalist, boring crap.
Normal service resumes then :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

How bad was that challenge on Darmian by Lustig
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Italians miss out on the World Cup Finals for the first time in sixty years :shock:

I suspect England wouldn't have qualified automatically to the finals had they been in the same group as Spain & no doubt they would have struggled v the dour Swedes too !
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

gessa wrote:Italy v Sweden tonight, 0-1 first leg,

Don't you watch England :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clacton White wrote:Don't you watch England :-D
Italy will return better & stronger in the next Euro/World Cup tournaments, even though the current squad are way behind the Italy sides that have won the World Cup four times they are better than the England team who may as well book their flights home now after their first three games.
The only reason we are going to Russia is because we were in one of the weakest qualifying groups.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Clacton White wrote:Don't you watch England :-D
Rarely mate , frustrating at best.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

England weren't in a group with Spain, because unlike the Italians England's record in football matches meant they England were seeded.

Sweden ended up getting one more point in their group games than Scotland and Slovakia, two teams that England easily finished ahead of in their group.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Italy had Spain in their group

Sweden had the French, Dutch & the Bulgarians to contend with

England had nothing of any consequence as a competitive challenge, even then we struggled to beat the worlds no-hopers

Get the old record out folks 'Back Home' because that's where we'll be heading after the first group of matches
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Watched the last 20 minutes of Italy v Sweden last night - why are all ball boys / girls not arranged like that? Made me realise how short changed you are with time wasting (deliberate or otherwise) at a regular professional game. Game I saw at CR recently the players had to go and fetch the ball themselves as there we nobody around to get it back to them.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Watched the last 20 minutes of Italy v Sweden last night - why are all ball boys / girls not arranged like that? Made me realise how short changed you are with time wasting (deliberate or otherwise) at a regular professional game. Game I saw at CR recently the players had to go and fetch the ball themselves as there we nobody around to get it back to them.
Brilliant idea

Really kept the game flowing Norfolk :tup:
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

1964white wrote:Italy will return better & stronger in the next Euro/World Cup tournaments, even though the current squad are way behind the Italy sides that have won the World Cup four times they are better than the England team who may as well book their flights home now after their first three games.
The only reason we are going to Russia is because we were in one of the weakest qualifying groups.
Heard on radio today that table toppers in Italy , Napoli , have 6 Italians in their first team squad - out of 26 . Like this country then home grown players not really getting the chance to play at top level . Its a shame as I would have loved Italy to be at the finals , there's something missing if you don't have the likes of Italy or Holland ..... I know its in their own hands and they failed , like we have numerous times ....but a 4 time winner and 3 time finalist , well its a shame IMO . Italy unlucky in being in the same group as one of the best in the world - Spain . Agree about our qualifying group - it was weak . Trouble is we won't do well in the next world cup in Russia as its at best a transitional experimental side , and Qatar - in that heat - forget it .
I do hope Italy get back stronger very soon - football needs it .
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clacton White wrote:Heard on radio today that table toppers in Italy , Napoli , have 6 Italians in their first team squad - out of 26 . Like this country then home grown players not really getting the chance to play at top level . Its a shame as I would have loved Italy to be at the finals , there's something missing if you don't have the likes of Italy or Holland ..... I know its in their own hands and they failed , like we have numerous times ....but a 4 time winner and 3 time finalist , well its a shame IMO . Italy unlucky in being in the same group as one of the best in the world - Spain . Agree about our qualifying group - it was weak . Trouble is we won't do well in the next world cup in Russia as its at best a transitional experimental side , and Qatar - in that heat - forget it .
I do hope Italy get back stronger very soon - football needs it .
I also love all the top nations in the finals. Italy will be back stronger than ever after this latest setback.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Come on Ireland - disappointed about Norn Iron but let's get one of 'em in.
I've got the game on FS2 and England vs Brazil friendly on another channel so it's going to be a very sedentary afternoon for me.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

Norm wrote:Come on Ireland - disappointed about Norn Iron but let's get one of 'em in.
I've got the game on FS2 and England vs Brazil friendly on another channel so it's going to be a very sedentary afternoon for me.

No idea how the Ireland match gonna go....flip of a coin...Ireland hard to beat but don't score many.

From the playoffs : Gonna miss Italy...apart from Croatia if Denmark go through...we will have the "excitement" of them coupled with Switzerland and Sweden :sleep3: :sleep3: :sleep3: :sleep3:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

Was there a playoff match on ???
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Ronan we were second best and scoring too early aswell . We are lacking a couple of top players for this level. Have been for a long time and don't have many alternatives ways to adapt when we come under the cosh . Nobody to create enough is one thing but when we lack firepower also shows how limited we really are.