Leeds v Middlesbro' - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Leeds v Middlesbro' - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

At the beginning of the season I was really looking forward to this fixture, now with our current poor form I sense a feeling of tredpidation, the thought of Monk turning us over doesn't warm the cockles of ones heart :(

Will TC make the necessary changes after the fiasco at Griffin Park - I doubt it
Will the players feel refreshed after another break & put on a show for our fans - Probably not
Will our players grind out a result - Unsure they have it in them tbh

Anyway my team for what it is worth :

.....................................Wiedwald..........................................

Berardi.....Shaughnessy.....Jansson.....Borthwick-Jackson

...............................Vieira...........Phillips.................................

....................Hernandez......Saiz.......Dallas............................

............................................Roofe............................................

Subs : Lonergan, Ayling, Cooper, O'Kane, Klich, Alioski, Lasogga
1964white

Re: Leeds v Middlesbro' - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

Just had a thought....Christensen won't play Dallas as he has played for NI twice in a week

Ayling is his special boy

He obviously thinks Cooper is a better footballer than Shaughnessy

Probably doesn't rate BJ

Go with your norm TC :roll: :|

So forget about the above team :wink:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

What i hope for.

. . . . . . .Wiedwald . . . . . . .
Berardi.Jansson.Shaunie.Dallas(CBJ)
. . . . Vieira . . Klich . . . . . . . .
Ali . . . . . Saiz. . . . . . .Hernandez.
. . . . . . .Lassie . . . . .. . .
May leave Dallas bit exposed, if Traore starts then should probably shift Ali to the left. Tempted to start CBJ for his pace actually. Im sick of Phillips and O'Kane losing the midfield battle and Saiz has to be number 10. Klich and Vieira get a chance, dont buy this "Klich isnt good enough " on twatter so. Ali played brilliantly for Macedonia, Hernandez is a class above and i think we should reunite that front 3 and go for it. Lassie is hot and cold but he has a 1 in 2 record and has played superbly at times (Bristol city). We tried the Roofe experiment at Cardiff and it failed so stick with Lassie.
What i expect.
. . . . . . . . Lonners . . . . . . .
Ayling.Jans . . Coops . .Bera
. . . O'Kane . . Vieira . . .
Roofe . .saiz . . . Hernandez
. . . . . .Lassie . . . . .

Cooper is captain (some how). Dallas and Ali both played internationals, O'Kane is seeming untouchable and Roofe needs to replace Ali, not Lassie who has no international.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Just had a thought....Christensen won't play Dallas as he has played for NI twice in a week

Probably doesn't rate BJ

Bet he does . . . .
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Lol
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

I want to see Klich start, find it genuinely incredible he hasn’t played a minute for us in the league since Cardiff away.
Think a formation change is needed as well 4-2-3-1 was great at the start as Phillips and O’Kane where absolutely superb in the midfield 2 for the first 10 games and Alioski was full of confidence Ayling was awesome and we were getting plenty of service in to Lasogga as we simply played without any fear and everyone bar the two centre backs got forward at every opportunity . However, as the season has progressed O’Kane (who I am a fan of) has totally lost form and with that we have lost all the control of the middle of the park which inevitably puts more pressure on the back 4 and stops the team as a whole from pushing forward which means Lasogga becomes isolated. The turning point was Millwall away we’ve not looked the same with the ball since that game.
A 4-2-3-1 with Klich or Phillips alongside Vieira might do ok but my concern is it still leaves Lasogga or Roofe up top totally isolated.

For me 4-3-3 with Vieira sitting in front of the back 4 with 2 centre mids (Phillips and Klich) ahead of him is the answer. Lets win that midfield battle first and foremost I would tell KP to specifically man mark Jonny Howson as he has become a key part of Monk’s system. The key is the midfield 3 can press Boro high up the pitch and force them into errors and not allow them to settle on the ball.
A 4-3-3 also means Lasogga and Roofe are less isolated as the likes of Saiz and Alioski will play much closer to them in this system. A 4-3-3 also allows us to counter much more easily as Alioski and Saiz will be playing 10 yards further up the pitch.

I think the break came at a very good time for us but it is important we get a result Sunday just any kind of result to just relieve a bit of the pressure.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

1964white wrote:Just had a thought....Christensen won't play Dallas as he has played for NI twice in a week

Probably doesn't rate BJ

Got my ticket in the Kop (N9) for Sunday :-D , are you in the Kop on Sunday mate? :-D

Felt it was time for a change as the last four times I’ve sat in the Kop over the last 12 months we’ve conceded no goals and have managed 3 wins from 4.
Oxford w 2-0
QPR D 0-0
S Wed W 1-0
Brentford W 1-0
I’d settle for just a clean sheet on Sunday tbh :wink:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:What i hope for.

. . . . . . .Wiedwald . . . . . . .
Berardi.Jansson.Shaunie.Dallas(CBJ)
. . . . Vieira . . Klich . . . . . . . .
Ali . . . . . Saiz. . . . . . .Hernandez.
. . . . . . .Lassie . . . . .. . .
May leave Dallas bit exposed, if Traore starts then should probably shift Ali to the left. Tempted to start CBJ for his pace actually. Im sick of Phillips and O'Kane losing the midfield battle and Saiz has to be number 10. Klich and Vieira get a chance, dont buy this "Klich isnt good enough " on twatter so. Ali played brilliantly for Macedonia, Hernandez is a class above and i think we should reunite that front 3 and go for it. Lassie is hot and cold but he has a 1 in 2 record and has played superbly at times (Bristol city). We tried the Roofe experiment at Cardiff and it failed so stick with Lassie.
What i expect.
. . . . . . . . Lonners . . . . . . .
Ayling.Jans . . Coops . .Bera
. . . O'Kane . . Vieira . . .
Roofe . .saiz . . . Hernandez
. . . . . .Lassie . . . . .

Cooper is captain (some how). Dallas and Ali both played internationals, O'Kane is seeming untouchable and Roofe needs to replace Ali, not Lassie who has no international.
That would be typical of Christiansen, a team which has been a failure in the main
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oscar wrote:Got my ticket in the Kop (N9) for Sunday :-D , are you in the Kop on Sunday mate? :-D

Felt it was time for a change as the last four times I’ve sat in the Kop over the last 12 months we’ve conceded no goals and have managed 3 wins from 4.
Oxford w 2-0
QPR D 0-0
S Wed W 1-0
Brentford W 1-0
I’d settle for just a clean sheet on Sunday tbh :wink:
Was in the kop for the Derby game

I'm in the East Stand right on the halfway-line for Sunday's game v Boro'

Definitely in the kop for the Norwich game in December Oscar
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Bet he does . . . .
One championship start v Preston suggests he doesn't
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Not sure how he does it but side needs a freshen up, Klich and Vieira to start for me, probably also go with Roofe up top in some way. Home game for us but feel that we may struggle for possession and need to hit them on the break a bit. We will need to be at out best defensively otherwise it could be a real long afternoon and who knows for TC?
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:One championship start v Preston suggests he doesn't

I think you miss his drift. :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:I think you miss his drift. :)
Did I :lol:
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

gessa wrote:I think you miss his drift. :)
Wondered how long the BJ joke would take :-D
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:One championship start v Preston suggests he doesn't
:roll: :jump:
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oscar wrote: I think the break came at a very good time for us but it is important we get a result Sunday just any kind of result to just relieve a bit of the pressure.
We are generally dire after a break so the Boro' game would be a first in a very long time is we put on a good display Oscar
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote::roll: :jump:
I got it when Ges prompted me :lol:
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

still think lonners is better in net than the German though Leon ,
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
1964white

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote:still think lonners is better in net than the German though Leon ,
You are probably right Bert

Never thought I'd select Felix again in my team but after those two horrendous mistakes at Brentford it left me in two minds. If I had confidence in our 3rd keeper I'd have thrown him in, tbh he still looks like a schoolboy.
In the end I went with Wiedwald because he was in the team during our good run, Felix also sets up our play up from the back much better as oppose to the hoof from Lonergan. You'll note I've dropped Lasogga as he doesn't like bombs coming out of the sky, maybe if Wiedwald starts Lasogga should be considered on my thinking.
gessa

Post by gessa »

They've been doing extra training apparently, which is no bad thing as the team seem to struggle in the last 30 for fitness

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/new-r ... of-results