Caleb Ekuban

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Togehter way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Cjay
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Caleb Ekuban

Postby Cjay » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:45 pm

Is todays player. (Know he has only played twice but even so).

The 22 year old Ghanaian is a work in progress, a rare thing at Leeds, a TC signing, APOEL were tracking him before TC arrived at Leeds.

One of the criticisms is he is unproven, his best season was in Albania, however he play European football during his time there and did ok.

He is a big lad, 6ft2, strong, hard working (he injured himself chasing down) quick, and quite skillful, he has shown a good touch in his link up play.

Gets forgotten because of the Saiz treble, but Ekuban scored one and assisted 1 that day.

So where do people stand on Ekuban?

Norm
Manager
Manager

Re: Caleb Ekuban

Postby Norm » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:56 pm

I wonder if he could play at CH!

We apparently have an excess of forwards.

Cjay
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Cjay » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:00 pm

He isnt the finished article, dont think he is a battering ram sort of forward, Wood, Madine etc.

More like dare i say it, Mario Balotelli, more about movement, pace, skill etc then brute force (despite both players being big, powerful men).

I like him (big fan of Balotelli as well).

He is something different, he is more mobile then Grot, Lassie etc, as shown with Pandev at Macedonia, Ali can thrive, Saiz and him (Ekuban) linked up well on there debuts, there was an understanding developing.

Second choice striker for me (ahead of Roofe).

Cjay
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Cjay » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:00 pm

Norm wrote:I wonder if he could play at CH!

We apparently have an excess of forwards.

If the "links" are anything to go by then we will have a heck of a lot more forwards :roflmao:

Norm
Manager
Manager

Postby Norm » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:07 pm

Cjay wrote:

If the "links" are anything to go by then we will have a heck of a lot more forwards :roflmao:

I didn't actually see any of the game when he was injured - according to hitc he's due back soon.

Cjay
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Cjay » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:40 pm

Deserves a mention.

Decent cameo. Closed down well and he is rapid.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Postby faaip » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:02 pm

aye, not sure how he gets football going forward (Klich another) but looked promising.
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Lonergan, Ayling, Beradi, Janssen, Pennington, Klich, Vierra, Gianni, Saiz, Hernandez, Roofe

O'Kane - Anita - Lassoga - Cooper - Weidwald - Dallas - Phillips

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Postby 1964white » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:11 am

Cjay wrote:Deserves a mention.

Decent cameo. Closed down well and he is rapid.

The lad has something, certainly has pace. Could be very useful to us as the season progresses

Cjay
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Cjay » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:53 pm

faaip wrote:aye, not sure how he gets football going forward (Klich another) but looked promising.

Good point but hopefully he does get chances, mobile, fast, strong, decent option there.

Norm
Manager
Manager

Postby Norm » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:54 pm

Just watched him on LUTV - 14+ minutes of stultifying, mind-numbing trivia - same question asked 10 different ways of people whose first language isn't English.
He actually seemed to understand a few questions and gave the standard drivel back, but he came across as a decent lad despite the questioners. Like others I don't know what game time he'll get but there was some mention (from his couple of appearances) of him melding well with our other newbies Ali and Saiz. I hope he gets a shot to show his worth. Pace and strength have been a rarity at Leeds in recent years.

Return to “General Chat”