Thursday's Breakfast Debate - Kinnear Interview

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Thursday's Breakfast Debate - Kinnear Interview

Post by Norm »

1964white wrote:

Nothing unusual with footballers Hector

Clubbing/drinking on the days leading up to games, is it any wonder they look half-pi**ed & shattered come match day. They are suppose to be professionals, a disgrace imo !
Even if the drinking is true, were they also drinking when they were playing well, or did they suddenly start after the Millwall game? I ask that because, in my experience, drinking is a habit and you don't necessarily just start because something went wrong.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote:Even if the drinking is true, were they also drinking when they were playing well, or did they suddenly start after the Millwall game? I ask that because, in my experience, drinking is a habit and you don't necessarily just start because something went wrong.
I can't answer that Norm

I know our performances are enough to drive me to drink :wink:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

1964white wrote:

I can't answer that Norm

I know our performances are enough to drive me to drink :wink:
Me too
hector

Post by hector »

woohoo

a piss up then :lol: :lol:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

hector wrote:

You don't drink else I'd take you up on it! :lol:
hector

Post by hector »

Good point I had forgotten that :wink: :wink:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote:If we flipped the results and had started poorly then won a few everyone would be delighted. We are a work in progress and as such inconsistency will likely continue until the team fully gels and some players get their form back. We are not as bad as we have shown and equally we are not going to be consistently as good as we have shown, sometimes circumstances dictate games such as us getting an early goal v Forest and then producing a superb performance where on another day if we conceded the opening goal to Forest we might have gone on to play cr*p.

If we flipped the results that would be a more natural learning curve. As it was with Monk. I would have expected a slow start followed by a gradual increase in better performances. This way round looks suspicious to me.

Again he has no pedigree and has shown very little since the downward trend to suggest he can do the job in the long term. I'm just wondering if those saying he needs time have anything to base their assurances on or it's just blind faith. You know like all those supporters who claim we'll win 3-0 every game.

. I think the odds are against it but I'll keep hoping he's the one.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote::roflmao:

Always insisted he isn't good enough for an ambitious club
He isnt, never was and never will be.

Blame Radz/Orta for making signings on the cheap
I do blame them for that, the cb situation alone really bugs me. Although, it is widely reported that we did make Harlee Dean an offer and he picked Birmingham. So i think its a case of didnt get organised rather then didnt want.

I can only see one atm. Lasogga & Alioski have to show much more to convinced my totally
They perhaps do have to show more, the Alioski I've watched for Macedonia is a class act. Lassie is difficult, he sometimes lacks effort but if he continued on similar form hes on for a 20 goal 16 assist season.

We need at least 4 points from our next 3 tough games to stay in the picture
I think we can get 9.
We perform like we did against a very tough Bristol City side then we are a match for anyone.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think we’ve demonstrated we can beat any team in the division when the team play as they can.
wtf is that supposed to mean ?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote:woohoo

Ges would enjoy that too :lol: he's probably on one now
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:If we flipped the results that would be a more natural learning curve. As it was with Monk. I would have expected a slow start followed by a gradual increase in better performances. This way round looks suspicious to me.

Again he has no pedigree and has shown very little since the downward trend to suggest he can do the job in the long term. I'm just wondering if those saying he needs time have anything to base their assurances on or it's just blind faith. You know like all those supporters who claim we'll win 3-0 every game.

I think the odds are against it but I'll keep hoping he's the one.
Right now I'm unconvinced, all I've got in my mind is hope, certainly no logic mate

For the first time this season I won't be predicting us to win on the Predictions Forum, maybe that will do the trick.

Tbh I can't see a win in our next three games, just hoping we turn this rut we're in around before it becomes a landslide
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:wtf is that supposed to mean ?
Managerial talk mate
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote:If we flipped the results that would be a more natural learning curve. As it was with Monk. I would have expected a slow start followed by a gradual increase in better performances. This way round looks suspicious to me.

. I think the odds are against it but I'll keep hoping he's the one.
I look at Birmingham last season and think things could easily get worse, no guarantees a manager change would do any better.

I look at us having a liability at right back and center back and think id rather a manager who has worked with this squad for some time, rather then one who hasnt and would still have to use the same players till January.

I look at the candidates out there who keep being mentioned and cant see a single one who excites me. There isnt one name mentioned who convinces me they could do a better job.

I look at the games against Burton, Notts Forest,Sunderland where we dominated and could easily have scored plenty more. A Forest side who ran Wolves very close and beat Sheffield United.

I look at the Ipswich and Bolton games where we played well but were under pressure and ground out a result.

I look at the Bristol City game and saw a team play extremely well and deservedly beat a side flying high then and now.

And i think about how difficult it is to change a sides style of play, while trying to acclimatise yourself and help your new lads settle in.

And bit of a cliche but i look at other managers, David Wagner and Alex Ferguson for example, both had poor starts and could easily have been sacked, one went on to win promotion and be one of the highest rated managers around, the other is one of the most successful managers in history.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:Ges would enjoy that too :lol: he's probably on one now

Who, me? Never.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Who, me? Never.
Of course, not your scene mate
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:Of course, not your scene mate
The odd social beer.

Not my fault I'm a very sociable bloke.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:The odd social beer.

I believe you :wink:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

gessa wrote:

The odd social beer.

I'll never forget your 11-hour social chat :lol:

I can't talk Ges, I've had a few like that when I (or we) have continued a lunchtime session until closing time, especially before Christmas or after a retirement or promotion do. I suppose the crucial thing to ensure is food sometime to soak up the excess!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I think all this stuff about a drinking culture is typical of people making stuff up just because the team is playing badly. With everyone these days having mobile phones with cameras players can no longer get away with anything like this - a social drink or two maybe but certainly nothing like getting drunk. Add to the fact that most of our players now are european and the drink culture is completely different to the british drinking culture.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:I think we can get 9.
We perform like we did against a very tough Bristol City side then we are a match for anyone.
Bristol City was a one-off in the last couple of months

Think you are bring a tad optimistic Cjay bearing in mind how inconsistent we are. I'd take one win now if I had that option