Wolves v Leeds -Team/News/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Post Reply
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 63131
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Wolves v Leeds -Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:28 am

Leeds head to Wolverhampton on Wednesday looking likely to face a tough encounter v the league leaders.

Surely TC will stick with the same XI as our players will still be buzzing & brimming with confidence after the Boro' victory

Just hope we put on a good show even if we don't get a win

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 63131
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Wolves v Leeds -Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:45 am

Barry Douglas returns for Wolves

Lasogga & Dallas are fit again & are expected to be on the bench

Key stats

Leeds have won the last two league meetings at Molineux with a Silvio own goal sending Whites fans home happy last season.

Leeds have won seven of the eight matches they have taken the lead in this season. Wolves, meanwhile, have won 12 of the 13 games they’ve scored first in in the Championship.

Defender Ryan Bennett has helped Wolves to seven clean sheets in his eight appearances this season.

Seems whoever scores first are likely to win the game

NorfolkWhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2044
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Wolves v Leeds -Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by NorfolkWhite » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:30 pm

1964white wrote:Barry Douglas returns for Wolves

Lasogga & Dallas are fit again & are expected to be on the bench

Key stats

Leeds have won the last two league meetings at Molineux with a Silvio own goal sending Whites fans home happy last season.

Leeds have won seven of the eight matches they have taken the lead in this season. Wolves, meanwhile, have won 12 of the 13 games they’ve scored first in in the Championship.

Defender Ryan Bennett has helped Wolves to seven clean sheets in his eight appearances this season.

Seems whoever scores first are likely to win the game
He was getting slaughtered as "not good enough" at Norwich last season

NorfolkWhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2044
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Wolves v Leeds -Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by NorfolkWhite » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:33 pm

Has to start with same team after such a promising performance. Would take a point if offered it now but I don't think it's beyond us to go and get a result.

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 63131
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Wolves v Leeds -Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:09 pm

NorfolkWhite wrote:He was getting slaughtered as "not good enough" at Norwich last season
I still went for Berardi ahead of Bennett on the Wolves/Leeds combined team thread

User avatar
lufc1304
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7228
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: Wolves v Leeds -Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by lufc1304 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:12 pm

Yep, same team and I'd be happy with a point. Tough game against a good side, any sort of positive result will give us belief that we are slowly getting out of the rut.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5091
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Wolves v Leeds -Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by Cjay » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:47 pm

Same side for me.

Dallas and Klich on the bench.

Tough game on paper, league position, form, squad etc.

But so were the Bristol and Boro games and we came through and came through well.

Our front 4 performed excellently and if we can show the same defensive organisation then we are incredibly hard to breakdown.

Nobody expected us to beat Bristol away, we did, nobody expected us to beat Boro in our poor form, we did.

At our best we can beat Wolves, but we need to show consistency and that is our problem not quality.

User avatar
Gurj
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3006
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
Location: Birmingham

Re: Wolves v Leeds -Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by Gurj » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:01 pm

Gutted I couldnt get a ticket for this game being a local match for me but will have to make do with watching the LUTV coverage instead.

Wolves are the strongest team in the league, I dont think there is any doubt of that when you consider the calibre of some of the big money signings they have made, most notably a champions League captain ( ex Porto star ) Ruben Neves.

I am not sure we can afford to play the kind of attacking line up we had on Sunday against them. We may need another more defensive minded player to back up Vieira and KP in this game.

A point, in my personal opinion, would be fantastic given the form Wolves are in right now, particularly if we followed it up by a win at Barnsley on Saturday.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 63131
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Wolves v Leeds -Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:23 pm

Come on Leeds !

Show us the Boro' victory wasn't a fluke :scarf1:

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5091
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Wolves v Leeds -Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by Cjay » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:29 pm

:scarf2: :shirt: Wolves have struggled against teams we havent, Forest, Bristol City, Boro (works both ways of course, we have struggled against teams they havent to).

They havent been entirely convincing by there own forums comments plenty of times.

Not unbeatable :scarf2: :shirt:

Unfortunately we are inconsistent, so depends as much on which Leeds turn up as them.

I have faithhhhh

User avatar
Oscar
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1457
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:14 pm

Re: Wolves v Leeds -Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by Oscar » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:08 am

They are undoubtedly a very good team who thoroughly deserve to be in the top 2 (based on what I’ve seen of them so far they play fantastic consistently attacking football) and their front 3 is particularly impressive both Jota and Bonatini should be playing at a higher level imo. However, I do think they are a lot weaker defensively than the stats suggest. Any game against a team with Connor Coady in the middle of a back 3 and John Ruddy in net is winnable imo.

vs Middlesbrough we scored twice and had no trouble in creating plenty of other big chances against probably the best defensive unit in the league imo. If we can win the midfield battle and get Alioski, Saiz and Pablo on the ball with the same regularity as yesterday I am convinced we can get goals against Wolves

It’s at the back where we could have problems because if Wolves get Diogo Jota on the ball and he gets time and space to run at us we will be in for a very long night he is an absolutely exceptional player. Bonatini is excellent as well brilliant movement and an excellent finisher.

I think it will be a very entertaining game.
Also a keen Barcelona supporter since 2004-2005 (when they were average.)

User avatar
rab_rant
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3107
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:13 pm
Location: Helsinki Finland

Re: Wolves v Leeds -Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by rab_rant » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:50 am

Can anything good come out of Birmingham??
Wolves what kind of name is that for a football team.
Kittens more like it. And who would have the audacity
to play in an orange strip, that is just stupid.
Not to mention they play at Molineux.
I blow my nose at that stupid french sounding name.
Baggette eating, hubcap stealing, onion munching
sooty pikeys. I laugh at your excuse for a football team
Go away before I laugh at you once again.
Scottish Steel and Irish Fire that's the weapon I desire.

danhirons
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 934
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:21 pm

Re: Wolves v Leeds -Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by danhirons » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:06 am

Oscar wrote:They are undoubtedly a very good team who thoroughly deserve to be in the top 2 (based on what I’ve seen of them so far they play fantastic consistently attacking football) and their front 3 is particularly impressive both Jota and Bonatini should be playing at a higher level imo. However, I do think they are a lot weaker defensively than the stats suggest. Any game against a team with Connor Coady in the middle of a back 3 and John Ruddy in net is winnable imo.

vs Middlesbrough we scored twice and had no trouble in creating plenty of other big chances against probably the best defensive unit in the league imo. If we can win the midfield battle and get Alioski, Saiz and Pablo on the ball with the same regularity as yesterday I am convinced we can get goals against Wolves

It’s at the back where we could have problems because if Wolves get Diogo Jota on the ball and he gets time and space to run at us we will be in for a very long night he is an absolutely exceptional player. Bonatini is excellent as well brilliant movement and an excellent finisher.

I think it will be a very entertaining game.
Not sure I'd describe them as playing fantastic attacking football. They're quite a defence minded team who just rely on one of their star forward players doing something special when they counter.

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 24076
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Wolves v Leeds -Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by faaip » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:46 pm

Lonergan, Ayling, Cooper, Jansson, Berardi, Phillips, Vieira, Alioski, Hernandez, Saiz, Roofe


Image
"My house is gone and now it's an Ultimart, You can never go home again Oatman, but I guess you can shop there

User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4018
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: Salisbury

Re: Wolves v Leeds -Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by hector » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:59 pm

If anyone finds a stream can you send me the link please?

Ta
:tup: “And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.” :wink:

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5091
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Wolves v Leeds -Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by Cjay » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:03 pm

hector wrote:If anyone finds a stream can you send me the link please?

Ta
Ditto :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4018
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: Salisbury

Re: Wolves v Leeds -Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by hector » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:06 pm

Hmmmmm I appear to have been "ditto'd"
:tup: “And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.” :wink:

NorfolkWhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2044
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Wolves v Leeds -Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by NorfolkWhite » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:07 pm

hector wrote:If anyone finds a stream can you send me the link please?

Ta
Not looking good from what I can see....or can’t!

User avatar
8ballali
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 678
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:49 pm
Location: Gainsborough

Re: Wolves v Leeds -Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by 8ballali » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:14 pm

:roflmao:
rab_rant wrote:Can anything good come out of Birmingham??
Wolves what kind of name is that for a football team.
Kittens more like it. And who would have the audacity
to play in an orange strip, that is just stupid.
Not to mention they play at Molineux.
I blow my nose at that stupid french sounding name.
Baggette eating, hubcap stealing, onion munching
sooty pikeys. I laugh at your excuse for a football team
Go away before I laugh at you once again.
Winners never quit! Quitters never win!
(url=http://www.twitter.com/8ballali][/url)

User avatar
8ballali
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 678
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:49 pm
Location: Gainsborough

Re: Wolves v Leeds -Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by 8ballali » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:15 pm

TC has stuck with the same starting line-up.
The only changes are on the subs bench.
Winners never quit! Quitters never win!
(url=http://www.twitter.com/8ballali][/url)

Post Reply