Where do we go from here.....?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Where do we go from here.....?

Post by HarryofOz »

whiteswan wrote:Almost four months into the season and we are no better than the last (I quite frankly don't know) however many seasons. Something needs to change! Losing four, winning one, is not a recipe for success....we need to decide if TC is the right man (personally not for me) This is not a witch hunt, far from it, but I really do believe the man is out of his depth.
As for the players, they are simply not good enough. So where does the blame lie?
Things really do need to change or we will be in a dog fight at the bottom come the end of the season. Please don't think that this is a knee jerk reaction....things haven't been right for weeks and weeks....it needs to change. Gutted :(
After eight losses in ten matches - without a previously proven record of success for us - that is definitely not a knee-jerk reaction. I'm not saying we should sack TC yet, I'm okay with giving him more time (but if we did sack him, I wouldn't say it was groundless). However you can be rest assured that that is not a knee-jerk reaction.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote:Well I didn't see many positives last night although I didn't expect much tbh

Radz was expecting top six season, he'll be lucky to get that I reckon.

Recruitment has been average imo not adequately replacing what was the spine of our team last season hence why we are so vulnerable & fragile this time round !
I think the trouble is that we improved the areas that we were weak last season but then sold/lost the areas that we were strong. All last season we were crying out for more pace and a goal threat from midfield - we got those with Alioski and Saiz. The areas that we were strong at however (Green, Bartley & Wood) I think were vastly underestimated when we lost them. Combine last year's team with the addition of Saiz and Alioski and I feel we'd be certainties for a top 6 finish.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Haighy wrote:T. C. Isn't the man for me neither.
Football is all about money... the richest team at the top, the poorest at the bottom.
It's blatantly obvious that we haven't the funds to get us up.
So it's the same old, same old for us I'm afraid.
Unfortunately so Haighy

Ah well a few ups & plenty of downs on my travels

Mid-table or lower on the cards, QPR & Fulham could be very long days :(

Tbh if we win at Barnsley bogeyland on Saturday it would be a very fruitful week for us
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:I think the trouble is that we improved the areas that we were weak last season but then sold/lost the areas that we were strong. All last season we were crying out for more pace and a goal threat from midfield - we got those with Alioski and Saiz. The areas that we were strong at however (Green, Bartley & Wood) I think were vastly underestimated when we lost them. Combine last year's team with the addition of Saiz and Alioski and I feel we'd be certainties for a top 6 finish.
Agree Weasel, we would have been strongly challenging for an automatic spot :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:This should have been sorted out in the summer but no we did things on the cheap once again

Green ----- Weidwald/Lonergan-Bentley/Ruddy . . .One was a free, the other wouldnt have cost the earth.
Bartley---- Cooper/ Pennington-Filip Helander/Harlee Dean . . £4mil or £2mil in the summer.
Taylor----- Borthwick-Jackson/Anita - Joe Bryan .. Best lb in the league was £6m
Wood----- Lasogga/Roofe . .Pass, still think Lassie is good enough and Ekuban is a prospect.

So far only Saiz (class) & Alioski (promising) have improved our creative play but we've gone backwards in the positions we were strong last season
It should, it wasnt, cant blame TC for that, he can only play the players he has been given.

On another note i see Villa are eyeing up the big swede who SHOULD be partnering Jansson for us :cry:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:It should, it wasnt, cant blame TC for that, he can only play the players he has been given.

On another note i see Villa are eyeing up the big swede who SHOULD be partnering Jansson for us :cry:
Looking to replace John Terry

Obviously Villa mean business with the knowledge that not hanging around replacing a strong leader is essential to their play-off push unlike us who 'took the lets make do direction'
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

:roll:
1964white wrote:Looking to replace John Terry

Obviously Villa mean business with the knowledge that not hanging around replacing a strong leader is essential to their play-off push unlike us who 'took the lets make do direction'
Speaks volumes for his talent that Villa see him as a replacement for Terry.

Never seen him play but he is the one player i hope we go for, above all else. Good feeling about him.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom