Ashes

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Togehter way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
NorfolkWhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 981
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Ashes

Postby NorfolkWhite » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:29 pm

Shields53 wrote:I think I'll just lock this thread so we can all forget about it and move on with our lives...

:(


I think that sounds like a plan, bloomin silly time to play anyway - can't they play in the daytime :-D

NorfolkWhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 981
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Ashes

Postby NorfolkWhite » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:30 pm

1964white wrote:168 for 3

Then a total collapse as England lose 7 wickets for 55 runs

FEEBLE !

Come home now as we are an embarrassment


Worst thing is I don't think the Aussies are that great, decent bowling attack but not unplayable - their batting ain't great either.

User avatar
weasel
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5715
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Espana

Re: Ashes

Postby weasel » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:48 pm

aussies are poor and we are gutless
Senor El Weasel

User avatar
Haighy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 337
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:05 am

Re: Ashes

Postby Haighy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:34 pm

Showed a bit of fight on days 3 & 4.
Massive disappointment today, but the fact we were in with a shout of pulling off a record run chase gives me a bit of hope for Perth.

Norm
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3792
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
Location: SW Missouri USA

Re: Ashes

Postby Norm » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:22 am

We don't pay attention to detail and our batsmen are undisciplined - for crying out loud don't be drawn in by their clever trickery - because they are clever.
I don't think we lack spine - just the common sense to leave alone those opportunities which are risky. England players should be made to watch, and be analysed about, the replays.

NorfolkWhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 981
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Ashes

Postby NorfolkWhite » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:59 am

Norm wrote:We don't pay attention to detail and our batsmen are undisciplined - for crying out loud don't be drawn in by their clever trickery - because they are clever.
I don't think we lack spine - just the common sense to leave alone those opportunities which are risky. England players should be made to watch, and be analysed about, the replays.


Worryingly they are! Our better cricketers just seem more geared towards the shorter forms at the moment where we are as good as we've been for years. Cook has been brilliant but looks on the wane and a tough Ashes series down under is nowhere to find form, apart from that we only have Root and Bairstow that are up to the job of this series on a batting front. Stokes would have certainly helped and might even have made the difference.....silly boy!

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19758
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Ashes

Postby faaip » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:42 pm

Best innings though has come from James Vince which would surely set us up in the first test but for a piece of magnificent fielding.
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Lonergan, Ayling, Beradi, Janssen, Shaughnessy, Klich, Vierra, Gianni, Saiz, Hernandez, Ekuban

Roofe - Anita - Lassoga - Cooper - Weidwald - Dallas - Phillips

NorfolkWhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 981
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Ashes

Postby NorfolkWhite » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:30 pm

faaip wrote:Best innings though has come from James Vince which would surely set us up in the first test but for a piece of magnificent fielding.


Ooh, might have to raise you a Root in the last test....but I am biased :wink:

It was great fielding but run outs always seem so unnecessary in test cricket, did change the complexion of the game though.

User avatar
whiteswan
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2094
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Ashes

Postby whiteswan » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:39 pm

More idiotic behaviour from the England players! Duckett dropped for today's match for pouring a drink over James Anderson. What is the matter with these priveledged twots! Don't they learn from the Ben Stokes and Bairstow situations? Ok, it might not sound such a bad thing to do, but, they're in Australia, it's the Ashes and the aussies will use everything they can to cause embarrassment to the English team. And you know what? I'm beginning not to blame them....England deserve everything they get. Sick of the immaturity and disrespect for the England Barmy Army. Rant over!

User avatar
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6065
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am

Re: Ashes

Postby Gandalf » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:33 pm

whiteswan wrote:More idiotic behaviour from the England players! Duckett dropped for today's match for pouring a drink over James Anderson. What is the matter with these priveledged twots! Don't they learn from the Ben Stokes and Bairstow situations? Ok, it might not sound such a bad thing to do, but, they're in Australia, it's the Ashes and the aussies will use everything they can to cause embarrassment to the English team. And you know what? I'm beginning not to blame them....England deserve everything they get. Sick of the immaturity and disrespect for the England Barmy Army. Rant over!

Duckett is not part of the Ashes squad, he is on the Lions tour (England B). Although a silly thing to do, it is not the most heinous of escapades.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!

User avatar
whiteswan
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2094
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Ashes

Postby whiteswan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:34 am

Gandalf wrote:Duckett is not part of the Ashes squad, he is on the Lions tour (England B). Although a silly thing to do, it is not the most heinous of escapades.

Agree Gandalf, but he is in Australia! I am just sick and tired of this idiotic behaviour. The English Cricket powers that be are not happy once more....not happy at all. Why but why do these privileged sportsmen behave like children? Bayliss himself has come out and said this is unacceptable! The microscope is once again upon England out of hours....what a pity they can't express themselves as well on the cricket pitch. Like I said, sick of it!

liggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 640
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:54 am

Re: Ashes

Postby liggy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:22 pm

Typical England's best day
Tried to stay awake but got pissed as a rat
Missed everything & got a telling off from the snow queen :?

User avatar
rab_rant
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2616
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:13 pm
Location: Helsinki Finland

Re: Ashes

Postby rab_rant » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:37 pm

liggy wrote:Typical England's best day
Tried to stay awake but got pissed as a rat
Missed everything & got a telling off from the snow queen :?


Was she underneath a old fashioned lampost offering you Turkish Delight?
Now there is a literary reference for you.
Scottish Steel and Irish Fire that's the weapon I desire.

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19758
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Ashes

Postby faaip » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:02 pm

The Lion the Witch and the wardrobe Rab....way too easy
K.M. 52. S&B Nation

Lonergan, Ayling, Beradi, Janssen, Shaughnessy, Klich, Vierra, Gianni, Saiz, Hernandez, Ekuban

Roofe - Anita - Lassoga - Cooper - Weidwald - Dallas - Phillips

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 55455
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Ashes

Postby 1964white » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:31 pm

I see Cook failed again

User avatar
hector
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2696
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: Salisbury
Contact:

Re: Ashes

Postby hector » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:46 pm

1964white wrote:I see Cook failed again


Should this not be on the master chef professional thread??

:wink:
:tup: A Ditto a day STILL keeps Leon at bay... :wink:


Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests