Ashes

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Re: Ashes

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Shields53 wrote:I think I'll just lock this thread so we can all forget about it and move on with our lives...

:(
I think that sounds like a plan, bloomin silly time to play anyway - can't they play in the daytime :-D
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote:168 for 3

Then a total collapse as England lose 7 wickets for 55 runs

FEEBLE !

Come home now as we are an embarrassment
Worst thing is I don't think the Aussies are that great, decent bowling attack but not unplayable - their batting ain't great either.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

aussies are poor and we are gutless
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

Showed a bit of fight on days 3 & 4.
Massive disappointment today, but the fact we were in with a shout of pulling off a record run chase gives me a bit of hope for Perth.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

We don't pay attention to detail and our batsmen are undisciplined - for crying out loud don't be drawn in by their clever trickery - because they are clever.
I don't think we lack spine - just the common sense to leave alone those opportunities which are risky. England players should be made to watch, and be analysed about, the replays.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Norm wrote:We don't pay attention to detail and our batsmen are undisciplined - for crying out loud don't be drawn in by their clever trickery - because they are clever.
I don't think we lack spine - just the common sense to leave alone those opportunities which are risky. England players should be made to watch, and be analysed about, the replays.
Worryingly they are! Our better cricketers just seem more geared towards the shorter forms at the moment where we are as good as we've been for years. Cook has been brilliant but looks on the wane and a tough Ashes series down under is nowhere to find form, apart from that we only have Root and Bairstow that are up to the job of this series on a batting front. Stokes would have certainly helped and might even have made the difference.....silly boy!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Best innings though has come from James Vince which would surely set us up in the first test but for a piece of magnificent fielding.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

faaip wrote:Best innings though has come from James Vince which would surely set us up in the first test but for a piece of magnificent fielding.
Ooh, might have to raise you a Root in the last test....but I am biased :wink:

It was great fielding but run outs always seem so unnecessary in test cricket, did change the complexion of the game though.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

More idiotic behaviour from the England players! Duckett dropped for today's match for pouring a drink over James Anderson. What is the matter with these priveledged twots! Don't they learn from the Ben Stokes and Bairstow situations? Ok, it might not sound such a bad thing to do, but, they're in Australia, it's the Ashes and the aussies will use everything they can to cause embarrassment to the English team. And you know what? I'm beginning not to blame them....England deserve everything they get. Sick of the immaturity and disrespect for the England Barmy Army. Rant over!
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

whiteswan wrote:More idiotic behaviour from the England players! Duckett dropped for today's match for pouring a drink over James Anderson. What is the matter with these priveledged twots! Don't they learn from the Ben Stokes and Bairstow situations? Ok, it might not sound such a bad thing to do, but, they're in Australia, it's the Ashes and the aussies will use everything they can to cause embarrassment to the English team. And you know what? I'm beginning not to blame them....England deserve everything they get. Sick of the immaturity and disrespect for the England Barmy Army. Rant over!
Duckett is not part of the Ashes squad, he is on the Lions tour (England B). Although a silly thing to do, it is not the most heinous of escapades.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Gandalf wrote:Duckett is not part of the Ashes squad, he is on the Lions tour (England B). Although a silly thing to do, it is not the most heinous of escapades.
Agree Gandalf, but he is in Australia! I am just sick and tired of this idiotic behaviour. The English Cricket powers that be are not happy once more....not happy at all. Why but why do these privileged sportsmen behave like children? Bayliss himself has come out and said this is unacceptable! The microscope is once again upon England out of hours....what a pity they can't express themselves as well on the cricket pitch. Like I said, sick of it!
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Typical England's best day
Tried to stay awake but got pissed as a rat
Missed everything & got a telling off from the snow queen :?
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

liggy wrote:Typical England's best day
Tried to stay awake but got pissed as a rat
Missed everything & got a telling off from the snow queen :?
Was she underneath a old fashioned lampost offering you Turkish Delight?
Now there is a literary reference for you.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

The Lion the Witch and the wardrobe Rab....way too easy
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I see Cook failed again
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote:I see Cook failed again
Should this not be on the master chef professional thread??

:wink:
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Not a pretty scorecard this morning.....Ashes done pre Xmas :twisted:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ha ha England & the media thought we were in the driving seat scoring 400 runs when the truth is we should have scored 500+ runs until yet another dramatic collapse

The Aussies are not their greatest team by any means but they on a different level to our lot.

Expect more embarrassment from our national football team come the summer :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote:Should this not be on the master chef professional thread??

:wink:
I'm sure our cricketers would do better in a cookery competition :lol: hang on a minute they'd probably burn a piece of toast as getting p*ssed & fighting in the streets is more their forte :roll:
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Bit fooking late lads
Do it when the pressure is on
Strap them to the wings & fly them home noo