Barnsley v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Barnsley v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

Leeds make the 20 mile trip south to Barnsley on Saturday hoping to put the midweek game at the Molineaux to bed. A 50 mile car journey for us

For me, only a win on Saturday will be good enough.

Biggest dilemma for TC will be between the sticks? Should he have had faith in Felix in the first place, or has he now burnt his bridges with the German?

In my opinion Christiansen bowed to public pressure for Lonergan to start; now the gaffer has a big choice to make.

None of our defenders have covered themselves with glory in the last few months but Berardi seems to be struggling somewhat. Even though Jansson has made more than his fair share of mistakes, I think we should stick with the Swede and build around him. I'd like to see Shaughnessy partner him if I'm honest.

With Vieira suspended for one game, O'Kane will probably come back into the fold - Poor Klich has been waiting so long, that the cold has got to him. (He was found by the dugout at ER on Thursday morning :wink: )
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Re: Barnsley v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by danhirons »

1964white wrote:Leeds make the 20 mile trip south to Barnsley on Saturday hoping to put the midweek game at the Molineaux to bed. A 50 mile car journey for us

For me, only a win on Saturday will be good enough.

Biggest dilemma for TC will be between the sticks? Should he have had faith in Felix in the first place, or has he now burnt his bridges with the German?

In my opinion Christiansen bowed to public pressure for Lonergan to start; now the gaffer has a big choice to make.

None of our defenders have covered themselves with glory in the last few months but Berardi seems to be struggling somewhat. Even though Jansson has made more than his fair share of mistakes, I think we should stick with the Swede and build around him. I'd like to see Shaughnessy partner him if I'm honest.

With Vieira suspended for one game, O'Kane will probably come back into the fold - Poor Klich has been waiting so long, that the cold has got to him. (He was found by the dugout at ER on Thursday morning :wink: )
Totally agree. Disappointed he dropped him - he was his guy and although he wasn't performing that well he wasn't making horrific howlers every game which is what we seem to have now...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I would go with :

Weidwald

Pennington Jansson Shaughnessy

Ayling Phillips Klich Dallas

Saiz Alioski

Roofe

Not a chance on earth that TC will go with three at the back or select this team
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Christiansen said: “We faced the best team in the league, no doubt. “But I believe that the players know what they did well on the pitch, the response that they did and the confidence that they have from me and that we are a good team. “We will keep on fighting and this will be a good moment also on Saturday. “We were there (on Wednesday). We just needed to have more of the ball, but when we played more than eight or nine passes, we also created some problems and we have the quality in the team to do that and this is what we are going to do on Saturday.”

Action speaks louder than words Thomas
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Even though the Tykes are our bogey I'll be thoroughly disappointed if we lose at Oakwell

I don't want to come here after the game hearing a bag of excuses if we are defeated

None of this 'we are a work in progress' or 'if this a had or hadn't happened' or 'it's all about fine margins'.....Barnsley are 17th in the championship for a reason because they are poor !

So it's a must win tomorrow if we are to show we are decent team as Christiansen insists we are.

I'm unconvinced we are decent without a Green, Bartley, Taylor & a Wood in our set-up, all replaced by 2nd raters
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

danhirons wrote:Totally agree. Disappointed he dropped him - he was his guy and although he wasn't performing that well he wasn't making horrific howlers every game which is what we seem to have now...

I don't think he had anything to do with Weidwald, he even publicly criticized him and complained he didn't know why he was here. He hasn't bowed to public pressure anywhere else so not seeing that argument either..too many conspiracy theories

Also supposing he did bow to public pressure (and again don't think he did) he should be out the door as soon as physically possible. Sign of a really bad manager
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Barnsley are a mid to bottom Championship team, We're a mid championship team, we're away, it's a Yorkshire Derby...could go either way to be honest.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Barnsley are a mid to bottom Championship team, We're a mid championship team, we're away, it's a Yorkshire Derby...could go either way to be honest.
It certainly could but we are not playing Wolves, Blunts or the Rams on Saturday

We could make an excuse for every game if that is the case, we should be beating teams like Barnsley, if not we may as well be fighting a relegation battle if we struggle to beat most teams in this league.

8 defeats out of 10 games and counting.....
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

I think only playing one striker makes it easy for the opposition. Wolves came with three centre-backs. Three against one. The one is going to lose almost all the time being out-numbered like that.
I'd like us to try three centre-backs. I'd go with this against Barnsley:

............ Roofe.......... Ekuban.................
..... Hernandez....... Saiz...... Alioski.....
......... Phillips............... O'Kane...........
... Jansson...... Pennington.... Ayling...
..................... ... Wiedwald....................
Winners never quit! Quitters never win!
(url=http://www.twitter.com/8ballali][/url)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Go back to Weidwald and Lassoga and see if they can improve their form and play. We paid for them, ain't going anywhere this season so may as well see what we have
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Lassies out.

Something not right there.

Wiedwald
Bera
Shaunie
Pontus
Cbj

Klich (please please please)
Phillips

Ali
Saiz
Dallas

Ekuban
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

I see your point Faaip. Lasogga has shown himself to be a good finisher, but Roofe and Ekuban give us movement, pace, work-rate, and both are decent finishers. They keep the pressure on the opposition. That keeps the pressure off our defence. I prefer Roofe and Ekuban.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Barnsley will be up for this more than our lot I reckon....it's their Cup Final! ( although I do have us down for a win on the score prediction, I won't be surprised if we are embarrased once again ) For the sake of our supporters going to this game I hope our lot realise just what a Yorkshire Derby means!
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

I think we will just see O'Kane in for RV and same again for the rest of the team.

As for the GK - on the basis of what I've seen of Felix I'd stick with Lonners, neither is really good enough so whoever plays is going to get stick from time to time and calls that the other should be picked. Scares me every time the ball goes near Felix (even more so than Lonners :wink: )
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

faaip wrote:Barnsley are a mid to bottom Championship team, We're a mid championship team, we're away, it's a Yorkshire Derby...could go either way to be honest.
Certainly if we have any pretentions of proving we can make top 6 one we need to be winning.
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

Unfortunately, I agree with you Norfolk. I think TC will just replace Viera with O'Kane.
The only reason I would change back to Wiedwald, is because we had clean sheets with him between the sticks. Maybe he organises the defence better.
Rex deWolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Rex deWolf »

Dallas and Lassie not available one injured, one sick according to TC at pre match press conference.

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

Poor Dallas just can't catch a break. Been playing well, but not getting chance.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

8ballali wrote:Unfortunately, I agree with you Norfolk. I think TC will just replace Viera with O'Kane.
The only reason I would change back to Wiedwald, is because we had clean sheets with him between the sticks. Maybe he organises the defence better.

Except our defenders played like they didn't trust him at all. I think the clean sheets were a result of playing poor teams, luck and the fact we defended from the front.
Rex deWolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Rex deWolf »

8ballali wrote:Poor Dallas just can't catch a break. Been playing well, but not getting chance.
His work rate should be an example to all

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk