November Player Of The Month?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Poll ended at Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:47 pm

Lonergan
No votes
Ayling
No votes
Jansson
No votes
Cooper
No votes
Berardi
No votes
Vieira
No votes
Phillips
18%
Alioski
55%
Saiz
27%
Hernandez
No votes

Total votes: 11

Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Another easy one for me this month Alioski all day long imo with 4 goals and an assist in 4 games in November.
Pablo probably the main contender to Alioski imo. Whilst Berra, KP and Pontus have all played well this month.

Winners so far:
August- Liam Cooper
September- Luke Ayling
October- Samu Saiz
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Re: November Player Of The Month?

Post by Haighy »

Saiz for me... But i nearly voted for Alioski.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Haighy wrote:Saiz for me... But i nearly voted for Alioski.
To be honest mate, I think Samu has had an average month by his standards.

Excellent yesterday but in the other 3 games he hasn't quite been at his best imo.

Brentford: he seemed to give the ball away more times in that game than he has in the entire season combined.
Middlesbrough: didn't really create anything despite how much control of the game we had although was unlucky to hit the post in that game.
Wolves: similar story to Boro, however, prodcued a wonderful assist for Alioski.

Just my opinion though mate :-D but wow the Saiz and Alioski understanding is incredibly exciting :luv: , if we are going to achieve anything this season those two will be a big part of it.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oscar wrote:To be honest mate, I think Samu has had an average month by his standards.

Excellent yesterday but in the other 3 games he hasn't quite been at his best imo.

Brentford: he seemed to give the ball away more times in that game than he has in the entire season combined.
Middlesbrough: didn't really create anything despite how much control of the game we had although was unlucky to hit the post in that game.
Wolves: similar story to Boro, however, prodcued a wonderful assist for Alioski.

Just my opinion though mate :-D but wow the Saiz and Alioski understanding is incredibly exciting :luv: , if we are going to achieve anything this season those two will be a big part of it.
This is extremely difficult Oscar

Phillips was our best player down at Brentford

Any one of seven candidates could be considered v Boro although Jansson, Hernandez & Phillips all scored 9/10 for me. In the end I gave it to Jansson

They were all poor at Wolves, Vieira would have got it had he not been sent off, in the end I gave it to Phillips

I have no doubt Saiz whatsoever was MOTM v Barnsley, he made us ticked & was so influential to others around him especially Alioski & Ekuban

Phillips got the MOTM twice for me but both were in games where KP achieved a low rating as all around him were poor. KP did achieve a 9/10 v Boro,

Saiz & Alioski were joint 2nd best at Brentford & Wolves imo !

So the common denominator is Phillips but I'm going to dig deeper into my ratings before I commit to my final decision.

I suspect the majority could be sucked into one of our flair players were player of the month, I'm not entirely convinced yet !

I'll come back to you later
hector

Post by hector »

I would like to have voted for Roofe because of his hard work....
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Struggled with my final decision had to come back before voting, waviered between Saiz, Alioski and Phillips in the end I went for Kalvin mainly because he’s come through not only a number of very hard games but some abuse and criticism and currently is one of our more consistent players, long may it last
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

I've gone Alioski, others have had good games and spells but he seems to have been most consistent over the month. He also seems to be adapting to life in the Championship after maybe thinking it was going to be easy after the start we had.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Alioski for me.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

Likewise a difficult decision, but 2 candidates stick out for me. The semi-emotional part of me would pick Kalvin, due in main to the fact as a bare 21 year old, he really is an integral part of our midfield, and not necessarily the sexy stuff, although he is good for the odd goal or two. But this kid is just going to get better and better with the right guidance and support, (internally and externally). In addition, fully agree with Ratscoot, the abuse and criticism he encounters, (even from within this forum), does not make sense to me. Lastly the kid has a good team spirited character and attitude. Still got that vision in my head of him arriving first day back reporting for duty at Thorp Arch after pre-season, with that infectious good hearted smile on his face ready to give it his all.

Second candidate for me would be Alioski, which would be borne from the pure technical part of my brain. This guy has got it all, and I am certain more to give.

However, half way down a glass of Tanduay over ice, the semi-emotional part of me shall dictate, Kalvin Phillips for me.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2017-11-27 at 16.26.17.png
Screenshot 2017-11-27 at 16.26.17.png (11.97 KiB) Viewed 3063 times
Saiz for me as he has been our most consistent performer once again, Samu is a constant threat often running at defences with three defenders around him, he makes us tick & his the main reason why we are close to the top six of the championship. A joy to watch :-D

Alioski has scored four goals, two of them magnificent strikes & is entitled to his fanclub votes however he's had two very good games plus two average games

The hard working Philips is also one of our most consistent performers but lacks the sparkle of our two flair players, much of his work goes unnoticed
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Azkalwhite wrote:Likewise a difficult decision, but 2 candidates stick out for me. The semi-emotional part of me would pick Kalvin, due in main to the fact as a bare 21 year old, he really is an integral part of our midfield, and not necessarily the sexy stuff, although he is good for the odd goal or two. But this kid is just going to get better and better with the right guidance and support, (internally and externally). In addition, fully agree with Ratscoot, the abuse and criticism he encounters, (even from within this forum), does not make sense to me. Lastly the kid has a good team spirited character and attitude. Still got that vision in my head of him arriving first day back reporting for duty at Thorp Arch after pre-season, with that infectious good hearted smile on his face ready to give it his all.

Second candidate for me would be Alioski, which would be borne from the pure technical part of my brain. This guy has got it all, and I am certain more to give.

However, half way down a glass of Tanduay over ice, the semi-emotional part of me shall dictate, Kalvin Phillips for me.
Phillips almost got my vote, apart from one dodgy batch of games when the wheels initially fell off KP has been brilliant, many of our fans don't see it. Some goon behind me at Oakwell was constantly slagging him off :(

It's just the sheer class of Saiz that keeps us in games, without him the likes of Alioski, Hernandez, Roofe & Ekuban would struggle as he opens up so much space for them
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote:I've gone Alioski, others have had good games and spells but he seems to have been most consistent over the month. He also seems to be adapting to life in the Championship after maybe thinking it was going to be easy after the start we had.
Apart from his gifted goal at Brentford & his superb strike created by our Spanish magician at Wolves he was pretty average throughout both games, he was subbed at Griffin Park.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote:Apart from his gifted goal at Brentford & his superb strike created by our Spanish magician at Wolves he was pretty average throughout both games, he was subbed at Griffin Park.
He wasn’t on his own at Brentford and still a decent finish v Wolves, just thought Alioski had progressed over that period and seemed to be applying himself better. Had some suspicion he thought he was better than he was for a while.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Can see the arguments for all sides.

But Ali deserves it imo.

Most goals, most assists this month to i think and most improved this month

Aside from his goals and assists, his defensive contribution that often gets a bit overlooked is consistently one of our best, always top 3 for tackles and things and for a winger thats fantastic.

As much as Ali needs Saiz, Saiz last goal wouldn't have append without Ali.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote:He wasn’t on his own at Brentford and still a decent finish v Wolves, just thought Alioski had progressed over that period and seemed to be applying himself better. Had some suspicion he thought he was better than he was for a while.
Yes a major improvement in his game over the last month. His goals had me jumping around like a maniac :jump:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Isn't it annoying those who vote for players with no explanation or reason for voting for them :chair:
hector

Post by hector »

No!!!

:wink: