Tuesday's Breakfast Debate - McCathy/Wood/Radio Yorks

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Tuesday's Breakfast Debate - McCathy/Wood/Radio Yorks

Post by 1964white »

Good morning everyone on this snowy start here

The Alex McCarthy talk is apparently more than a rumour. The 27 year old shot stopper must certainly be surplus to requirements having not played a single game for the Saints during his 18 month tenure.

Is he the answer to our problems? No doubt he's better than Felix and Lonergan, but is is just another stop gap?

On MOTD last night Ian Wright and Danny Murphy were full of praise for Chris Wood, also commenting that £15m was more or less a bargain.

“I watched Chris Wood in the Confederations Cup for New Zealand, and he looked a little bit ponderous - maybe it was the opposition he was up against - but you saw flashes of being a focal point,” said Wright. “So many times you see players losing the ball, but he’s bringing his team, getting the team playing. He’s a real willing runner, and watching him now, he looks so much sharper and more aware. Brilliant play today.”
“I think he knows how to play the role really well. He came on at Spurs for Burnley earlier in the season and changed the game, got the goal when they didn’t have a hope, he bashed up the centre halves that day. He’s got real potential, a real clever signing that was - £15million is cheap these days!” added Murphy.

Have we missed Wood ?

There is going to be an announcement later today on the future of Radio Yorkshire!
Rumour is Bates has shut down the station & his employees have moved out of ER

Good riddance to the old sod
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Tuesday's Breakfast Debate - McCathy/Wood/Radio Yorks

Post by HarryofOz »

Yes we miss Wood

I thought Radio Yorkshire had shut down ages ago.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote:I thought Radio Yorkshire had shut down ages ago.
No the old goat has been hanging in there Harry

Don't know anyone who listens to the station though !
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed permanently then yes Alex Mccarthy is a fantastic gk, and its sad he has wasted his talent so far being a bit part player.

Interestingly, reports yesterday said we are only after 2 players, 1 proven Championship player and u23 guy. Hope this isn't true, we need a minimum of 2 first teamers, cb and lb, gk is 3rd.

He has done well Wood, credit to him as thought he would struggle. Early doors though, lets see gow he does in a full season or two. No, i dont think he would suitour style, not very mobile and his link up play isnt great, would slow us down. A fantastic goalscorer but the stats last season show he wasnt great at bringing others into play.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Didn't we have McCarthy here on loan at a time? Always rated him, would be happy to see him back, definite upgrade on Felix and Lonners

Wood has surprised me, too, thought he would struggle. Good luck to him, but I fully expect him to have a slump at some point and it will be interesting to see how Dyche manages that. He doesn't offer a lot besides his goals, and has only ever been prolific in spurts

Thought Radio Yorkshire had shut down ages ago. Anything remotely linked to that old shyster has no place at ER
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote:Didn't we have McCarthy here on loan at a time? Always rated him, would be happy to see him back, definite upgrade on Felix and Lonners
Yes from Reading Nick
lufc1304 wrote:Wood has surprised me, too, thought he would struggle. Good luck to him, but I fully expect him to have a slump at some point and it will be interesting to see how Dyche manages that. He doesn't offer a lot besides his goals, and has only ever been prolific in spurts
Surprised me too. Burnley going well in the prem, 6th after winning four of their last 5 matches
lufc1304 wrote:Thought Radio Yorkshire had shut down ages ago. Anything remotely linked to that old shyster has no place at ER
Probably in arrears with the rent :fish2: