Champions League Semi-Final 2017/18 - Roma v Liverpool

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Champions League Semi-Final 2017/18 - Roma v Liverpool

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:51 pm Amazing score! Yes, they did lose it at Anfield 64...but nearly came back :shock: where is your money Leon, Real or Liverpool? How about you Harry, what do you reckon?
Too close to call Swannie

Real need to stop Liverpool's momentum upfront, both defences are suspect so it could be another goal feast with so many quality attacking options on the pitch
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Looking forward to the game....
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Sheesh, Swannie, you don't half ask tough questions. If Liverpool were playing anyone other than Real, I'd say Liverpool. If Real were playing anyone other than Liverpool, or Barcelona, I'd say Real.

Both have a great pedigree in Europe, both are a bit vulnerable defensively, both are very strong in attack.

Although I'm worried that Real will consider their season to be a failure if they don't win, I am going to stick my neck out and tip Liverpool.

Should be a good game either way.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Watched the game last night, Milner's very unfortunate o.g and a harsh penalty (though LFC did get away with one later in the game) made the game closer than it should have been. Credit to Roma who kept going. Dzeko is a player transformed there, they always looked dangerous when he had the ball. The final will not be a drab 0-0 affair, I think that's a given. I have a sneak for Liverpool, though no doubt the show pony will get himself up for the final after being almost anonymous in the both semi-final ties.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

lufc1304 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:43 am Watched the game last night, Milner's very unfortunate o.g and a harsh penalty (though LFC did get away with one later in the game) made the game closer than it should have been. Credit to Roma who kept going. Dzeko is a player transformed there, they always looked dangerous when he had the ball. The final will not be a drab 0-0 affair, I think that's a given. I have a sneak for Liverpool, though no doubt the show pony will get himself up for the final after being almost anonymous in the both semi-final ties.
Yep, Roma's last two goals were really too late in the day to mean much. Other than close the score gap of course, but they really had no chance of getting the crucial 5th goal.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:43 am Watched the game last night, Milner's very unfortunate o.g and a harsh penalty (though LFC did get away with one later in the game) made the game closer than it should have been. Credit to Roma who kept going. Dzeko is a player transformed there, they always looked dangerous when he had the ball. The final will not be a drab 0-0 affair, I think that's a given. I have a sneak for Liverpool, though no doubt the show pony will get himself up for the final after being almost anonymous in the both semi-final ties.
Dzeko looked a different player Nick, very impressed :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:33 am Yep, Roma's last two goals were really too late in the day to mean much. Other than close the score gap of course, but they really had no chance of getting the crucial 5th goal.
Roma needed to score two quick goals after the half-time break to give themselves a chance Harry :tup: