Leeds v Norwich - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v Norwich - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by Cjay »

Oliviera chance, miles wide.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Close Hernandez, side netting

all over 1-0
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

lovely link up Pablo and Ali, just wide form Pablo, full time.
Signed

King Cjay

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Thanks once again guys, missed the first half but joined you for most of the second....great comments :tup: Thank you
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

GET IN :scarf2: :scarf2:

Watched second half on a very dodgy stream, looked quite an open game where there could easily have been more goals,sat back a bit at the end but saw game out well.
hector

Post by hector »

All praise to Roofe and Saiz and Pablo.....

They knew that I had predicted a 1 - 0 win, so did their best to keep the score there......
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

I will give my MOTM now, as I am going to be off the radar for the next 48 hours. Trust some nice person, (64), will edit and put on the right thread.

Jansson
The Cat
Coops

Glad to see Cibicki keep his form from the QPR game, and unlucky not to get in my top 3.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Excellent stuff grinding out a win without playing brilliantly - shades of last season and shows hopefully that the defence and keeper are gelling. If we can get back to the defensive strength of last season then we can hopefully have a great season as we a lot more options for finding a goal than last season - albeit without a striker to score as many as Wood did.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Wiedwald-7 . . Did well today, made some saves, distribution good.
Ayling-6 . Didnt get forward much, gave ball away once but better defensively, still not convincing.
Bera-7 . Did better, most attacks down the other side which helped him, but did what he had to.
Jansson-9 . Superb, had Oliviera in his pocket and a great header.
Coops-7. . Solid if unspectacular.
Vieira-6. Not great today, passing was off and poor in posession but not awful either.
Phillips-8 . Covered every blade of grass, all energy today and crucial tackle 1st half.
Cibicki-8.5. .Energetic, good on the ball and superb delivery, a younger Pablo.
Ali-6. . Worked hard, could have been in but Saiz didn't put through. Not his best but energetic and always helped Bera.
Saiz-5.5. . Poor, held on to the ball to long and should have scored.
Roofe-5. . Greedy, should have played in his teammates and made 0 impact.

Subs
Grot-4. . Tried but isnt ready.
Pablo-7. . His ball retention was crucial towards the end, nearly scored
Penny-na

TC-7. . A win and cleansheet. Intelligent subs and loved seeing him animated and involved on the touchline. Directing his players similar to Pep.

Positives
Another win and a cleansheet.
Created good chances.
Cibicki continuing to impress.
The energy levels from Vieira, ali, cibicki, Phillips were superb.
Pontus was a rock
Cooper continues to be solid.
Hernandez was an inspired sub by Tc

Negatives.
Vieira was poor by his recent standards.
Passing wasnt good at times
Careless in posession
Roofe was poor, and will need to improve drastically.
Saiz again wasnt great and im wondering if a rest is needed.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Azkalwhite wrote:I will give my MOTM now, as I am going to be off the radar for the next 48 hours. Trust some nice person, (64), will edit and put on the right thread.

Jansson
The Cat
Coops

Glad to see Cibicki keep his form from the QPR game, and unlucky not to get in my top 3.
Certainly will especially as you made the correct choice :wink:

Pontus is back to his very best as he has been in this good run we've put together

A rock.....We'd be lost without him.....IMMENSE !!!!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

7 Wiedwald
7 Berardi
7 Cooper
10 Pontus ........Immense!
7 Ayling
5 Vieira
8 Phillips
5 Saiz
6 Alioski
8 Cibicki
5 Roofe
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote:

Shouldn't have watched that, I thought via reports Weidwald did alright but that was a disaster waiting to happen.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

faaip wrote:Shouldn't have watched that, I thought via reports Weidwald did alright but that was a disaster waiting to happen.
Agree with you there, doesn’t fill me with any confidence and looks awkward in so much of what he does.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Agree with you there, doesn’t fill me with any confidence and looks awkward in so much of what he does.

He made one good reflex, didn't have to think about it, save but the rest extremely dodgy. Norwich should have equalized when he set up their striker, should have caught the cross shot, the first clip is a very dodgy kick out which actually doesn't bother me but everyone keeps raving about his distribution so I'm expecting gold there. A couple other occasions he showed poor technique too.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Eddie Gray called it correct

“The defenders recently have been playing very well. They are playing with a lot of confidence and I must say I thought Pontus Jansson was terrific today.”
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Excellent win yesterday, I thought it we were a bit lucky to win as Norwich did have some big chances during the game and so did we amazing really that there was only 1 goal in the whole game considering how entertaining the second half was.
Ratings:
Wiedwald 8- 2 crucial saves and good saves as well, distribution was excellent as well. Best game for us so far.
Ayling 6- Caught out of position twice in the second half.
Jansson 8- Man Of The Match, typical Pontus won absolutely everything and an excellent run and finish for his goal.
Cooper 6- Did ok but made a couple of errors his main one was heading the ball straight onto Pritchard which led to a huge chance for Norwich.
Berardi 7- Solid once again and lovely use of the ball.
Vieira 6- Defensively excellent just gave the ball away a couple of times in bad areas.
Phillips 7- Unlucky not to score, contributed going forward and defensively. Comfortably one of our most important players this season.
Cibicki 6- Excellent cross for the goal, went a little bit quiet after that and lost the ball a little bit too easily.
Saiz 5- Saw a lot of the ball but couldn't create anything, missed a big chance as well.
Alioski 6- Worked really hard defensively and some good set pieces, like Cibicki struggled to create chances in open play.
Roofe 5- A tough game for him, no service for him today but struggled to link up play.
Substitutions:
Hernandez 7- Had a big impact and gave us a real threat on the counter attack, very unlucky not to score late on.
Grot and Pennington played less than 10 minutes.

Also got an interview with Tony Dorigo after the game :-D for the Leeds Fans channel I am involved in with other Leeds fans
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oscar wrote: Also got an interview with Tony Dorigo after the game :-D for the Leeds Fans channel I am involved in with other Leeds fans
I did wonder if were still doing your interviews, Tony Dorigo a bit of a coup for you Oscar

Dorigo highlighted how well Phillips played & gave the MOTM to Pontus :-D There really was only one choice.