Anyone moderating this site ??

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
gessa

Re: Anyone moderating this site ??

Post by gessa »

hector wrote:Keeping with the title of the thread but changing the subject matter a bit.

Do you think it is time we had a sort out of mods on here?

A lot don't turn up, and excuse me for being a bit forthright here, but shouldn't mods be here just as much if not more than us mere plebs?

perhaps some of the redundant mods (most of them) should hand in the mantle and more of the regular users get the job..

Just a thought.
I think the last few days as proved your point Hector.
hector

Post by hector »

Thank you Gessa... time to start a poll methinks....
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Being a mod must get tiring, how about have the two guys as the main mods and have a pool of another two or three who rotate weekly or monthly to keep it fresh and if the need arise they can all fall in to sort any bigger issues out
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Absolutely no interest in being a mod on a forum that doesn't need them for more than fixing the odd problem. Also you wouldn't want me as a MOD.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

dezzy wrote:Being a mod must get tiring, how about have the two guys as the main mods and have a pool of another two or three who rotate weekly or monthly to keep it fresh and if the need arise they can all fall in to sort any bigger issues out
The moderation requirement on the forum is not great to be honest, well not until the last week anyway. The main requirement is we have a few mods who are around regularly and can let me know if the s**t really hits the fan.

I suggest we continue the debate on the other thread;
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35239
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote:Absolutely no interest in being a mod on a forum that doesn't need them for more than fixing the odd problem. Also you wouldn't want me as a MOD.
I think we need one more, the problem this weekend is 64 was the person reported so it is unjust he moderates it , that has left the ball in weasels court, as non of the other 3 are ever around. 3 out 1 in will be enough.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:I think we need one more, the problem this weekend is 64 was the person reported so it is unjust he moderates it , that has left the ball in weasels court, as non of the other 3 are ever around. 3 out 1 in will be enough.
The very reason why I remained quiet on this matter as much as possible with the odd low key comment.

I did my best to try calm the situation to no avail it would seem !
Statetheobvious
Ballboy
Ballboy

Can we achieve promotion without new signings

Post by Statetheobvious »

We have now lost our best player till March. We need signings quickly and that includes a left back, central defender, central midfielder, a centre forward and possibly a new keeper so in essence a new spine to the team. By some miracle we are top 6 at present and now have to speculate as I am certain we do not have enough to gain promotion.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

The problem is not the moderators...it's the standard of moderation......and sadly Leon's lack of it fell short.

I report very very rarely...but when i have no choice...i will.
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ronan wrote:The problem is not the moderators...it's the standard of moderation......and sadly Leon's lack of it fell short.

Just as you rarely post on here

Strange that only a minority are unhappy with my moderating of the forum
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ronan wrote:The problem is not the moderators...it's the standard of moderation......and sadly Leon's lack of it fell short.

Great you seem to know what's needed when can you start?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

1964white wrote:Just as you rarely post on here

Strange that only a minority are unhappy with my moderating of the forum
Aye but minorities count too.
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ronan wrote:Aye but minorities count too.
God only knows what I have done to upset you Ronan :duno:
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

faaip wrote:Great you seem to know what's needed when can you start?
I have no inclination to moderate but when i feel it is not being carried out properly i have every right to object.

Remember this whole situation stemmed from Liggy's posts....i could see where this was leading...I mistakenly thought Leon could have read the signals.

Liggy is now on gardening leave...I only reported him after his outrageous L'Derry outburst...but i had my finger hovering on the wee triangle long before that.

I honestly believe Liggy needs a bit of help...it was becoming sad to read.

As i said before, i don't like "telling teacher"....but if i see wrong...and nothing is being done about it..i will act....and have been told it is fine to do so....

And forget the conspiracy theories...it has nothing to do with Gino.
gotagetz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by gotagetz »

I haven't been on here long enough to really vote, but moderators are sadly required for most forums. There's only been one topic where I actually thought about reporting it, and before I got there someone brought the level back up. You're all passionate about lufc and that's bound to cause rifts from time to time.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ronan wrote:I have no inclination to moderate but when i feel it is not being carried out properly i have every right to object.

Remember this whole situation stemmed from Liggy's posts....i could see where this was leading...I mistakenly thought Leon could have read the signals.

Liggy is now on gardening leave...I only reported him after his outrageous L'Derry outburst...but i had my finger hovering on the wee triangle long before that.

As i said before, i don't like "telling teacher"....but if i see wrong...and nothing is being done about it..i will act....and have been told it is fine to do so....

I was having a lovely day out with my wife in York when all that kicked off. I fail to see what I could have done if I wasn't around. By the time I arrived home all the offending posts had been removed.
I had to ask other members for the content of the posts !

Liggy's previous posts were near the knuckle but generally fun & harmless,
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

1964white wrote:I was having a lovely day out with my wife in York when all that kicked off. I fail to see what I could have done if I wasn't around. By the time I arrived home all the offending posts had been removed.
I had to ask other members for the content of the posts !

Liggy's previous posts were near the knuckle but generally fun & harmless,
This could go on until the cows come home....we will agree to disagree ...we will put it down to experience and move on.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ronan wrote:I have no inclination to moderate but when i feel it is not being carried out properly i have every right to object.

so banning him was the way to go? I could make guesses at what ails Liggy and you never know from where help may come. Maybe Liggy should have been reported (Absolutely no way he gets banned if I were a MOD so again another reason for me not to be one)
But I'm a firm believer if you want a job done to your standards you do it yourself.

I see wrong every time Geno posts these days and have posted such but I'm not touching the report button.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ronan wrote:This could go on until the cows come home....we will agree to disagree ...we will put it down to experience and move on.
I'd be glad to move on but you are the one accusing me of inefficient moderating when I was not online for much of day. Hell of a responsibility when there are only Weasel & myself around this place for much of our time

I assume you & your mates have voted for the three mods whom have contributed virtually nothing in the last year or so.....now that's what I call splendid moderating :roll:
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

faaip wrote:so banning him was the way to go? I could make guesses at what ails Liggy and you never know from where help may come. Maybe Liggy should have been reported (Absolutely no way he gets banned if I were a MOD so again another reason for me not to be one)
But I'm a firm believer if you want a job done to your standards you do it yourself.

I see wrong every time Geno posts these days and have posted such but I'm not touching the report button.

I refer the honourable poster to my previous reply to Leon.