Anyone moderating this site ??

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Anyone moderating this site ??

Post by Crude »

hector wrote:Good grief, don't you mods have a seperate forum where you can air this stuff, not on the main part?
PM's would've been okay by me, but that was not the chosen mode of communication in this case. Yet you posted a poll/thread and chose to publicly call-out mods who have done nothing wrong. Methinks PM's would've been a much better way to vent. Unless you are deliberately trying to stir the pot, which you were successful.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
hector

Post by hector »

Not at all, I was fed up of seeing 5 global moderators most of whom are hardly ever here on the forum, that is all. I made a poll once other people started to complain about the standard of the moderation.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Gino 1959 wrote:Depends on your definition of 'wrong', fiaap. I'm happy to admit that I have a huge problem with 64 since he sided with riot when the latter was - in my opinion - being abusive to me and others.

So yeah when I see him make a crass comment about the young lady in question I'm going to call him out with a bit of extra zeal that I would probably not apply to others.

He does seem to treat the forum as his personal kingdom/playground and seems to positively revel in the fact that he - in his mind at least - keeps the place going single-handedly.

I've seen plenty of incidences when he bemoans the fact that nobody is taking part in a quiz, poll etc wonders aloud if he should bother then perks up when others 'beg' him to stay.

His responses to date would suggest that he cannot handle criticism - constructive, deserved or otherwise.

Maybe he's a stable genius?

I suffered from Riots wicked sense of humour more than any one on waccoe...I just gave back nearly as good as I got. Not forgetting of course the abuse Riot took over his refusal to condemn and at times support Ken Bates.

I think 64 handles criticism in general just fine but probably like all of us struggles when singled out continually by the same person when it's basically all said person posts. I'd have no problem with you challenging anyone if it were dispersed with thoughts on LUFC, what is great in the world of music television, your favourite flavour biscuit or whatever else may bring you to a LUFC forum. But when it's months of inactivity punctuated every now and then with just criticism of another poster/mod veiled or otherwise that gets tiresome real quick

As for 64 and the need to be ...erm, what's the word "needed?" So what? If it encourages us to post then all the better if it doesn't nothing lost.

Listen I'm not starting many threads and those I do die real quick, I'm just crap at it so I'd be posting here once/twice a week if it weren't for 64's intelligent football questions daily and the mostly enjoyable polls. I get that that's not for everyone but it's harmless enjoyment and interesting at times. I won't play the guessing games (score, crowd etc because I hate guessing games, there's no skill in predicting a score)

As for begging him to stay I don't think you'll ever see me do that, I'll usually try and rationalize the reason why no one is posting in whatever topic that may apply to

OK 64 called an overweight girl something I've forgotten without going back and I'm sure someone will remind me of. Is that any worse than one of us calling Alan Smith a bad thing or calling Sir Alex names or a myriad of other footballing insults. I've never been comfortable with the Alan Smith insults..Haven't there been libelous remarks about Ken bates in the past...Twiggs casual racism, all of the latter more likely to be reading here than a style blogger who was on mastermind and will never read here, I'm not even sure she could search here name and find that post
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Crude wrote:PM's would've been okay by me, but that was not the chosen mode of communication in this case. Yet you posted a poll/thread and chose to publicly call-out mods who have done nothing wrong. Methinks PM's would've been a much better way to vent. Unless you are deliberately trying to stir the pot, which you were successful.
I'm not sure it was aimed at you or the other mods all of whom must know 64 well enough as a poster by now, I think it was probably a defensive and maybe slightly annoyed post not completely thought through. Had it included me I wouldn't have been offended.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Don't piss off Hector anyone I'm reliably informed he makes Rambo look like a girl scout...It's why we have to keep him in the wilds of Hampshire
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Can I say girl scout?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Can I say wilds of Hampshire?
gessa

Post by gessa »

They're fine but don't say Wild girl scout.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

faaip wrote:I suffered from Riots wicked sense of humour more than any one on waccoe...I just gave back nearly as good as I got. Not forgetting of course the abuse Riot took over his refusal to condemn and at times support Ken Bates.
Humour - wicked or otherwise - I can take (and give). Riot tended towards downright abuse on many occasions and I don't stand for that from anyone.
faaip wrote:I think 64 handles criticism in general just fine but probably like all of us struggles when singled out continually by the same person when it's basically all said person posts. I'd have no problem with you challenging anyone if it were dispersed with thoughts on LUFC, what is great in the world of music television, your favourite flavour biscuit or whatever else may bring you to a LUFC forum. But when it's months of inactivity punctuated every now and then with just criticism of another poster/mod veiled or otherwise that gets tiresome real quick.
64 is the reason I left the forum. There is anger with him for this and also at myself for allowing him to 'force' me - and others - out.
faaip wrote:As for 64 and the need to be ...erm, what's the word "needed?" So what? If it encourages us to post then all the better if it doesn't nothing lost.
Fair enough, but is there any reason for him to bitch/complain/moan about it when people don't take part?
faaip wrote:As for begging him to stay I don't think you'll ever see me do that, I'll usually try and rationalize the reason why no one is posting in whatever topic that may apply to
As above.
faaip wrote:OK 64 called an overweight girl something I've forgotten without going back and I'm sure someone will remind me of. Is that any worse than one of us calling Alan Smith a bad thing or calling Sir Alex names or a myriad of other footballing insults. I've never been comfortable with the Alan Smith insults..Haven't there been libelous remarks about Ken bates in the past...Twiggs casual racism, all of the latter more likely to be reading here than a style blogger who was on mastermind and will never read here, I'm not even sure she could search here name and find that post
Not sure your comparisons are entirely fair. In an era when women are - quite rightly - standing up for their rights in many areas - it was a thoroughly insensitive comment. What if a female guest on the forum had read that? Do you think that she would feel comfortable coming out of the shadows? I showed it to my partner, who suffers weight problems due to chronic pain issues and sweats buckets (no pun intended) from the menopause. I showed the post in question to her and she was horrified. Her comments would not be suitable in print! Also, as the father of a young woman managing her weight - as many of her generation have to do - I took umbrage. So - whilst the target of 64's comment is/means nothing to me - I put myself in the shoes of her father or her partner reading it. I get there was an apology, but it wasn't as fulsome as it should have been in my opinion.

PS. Leeds are shite, prog rock, All4 scandi-dramas and I don't do biscuits.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.