January signings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: January signings

Post by 1964white »

8ballali wrote:Do any of you know much about Jo Inge Berget? I don't think I've seen him play.
Who :lol:
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

Yes he's strongly linked. We've offered him an eighteen month contract.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
Winners never quit! Quitters never win!
(url=http://www.twitter.com/8ballali][/url)
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote: No idea

Assuming someone is linking us with him?

On a side note. With Forshaw looking imminent.... a striker in and everyone happy?
@JD_agent: Norway international Jo Inge Berget and his agent Jim Solbakken visited Leeds' Thorp Arch training ground this morning to discuss a deal with manager Thomas Christiansen. Talks went well and 18 month deal is on the table for Berget, who recently left Malmo. #lufc #MOT #ALAW

herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

8ballali wrote:@JD_agent: Norway international Jo Inge Berget and his agent Jim Solbakken visited Leeds' Thorp Arch training ground this morning to discuss a deal with manager Thomas Christiansen. Talks went well and 18 month deal is on the table for Berget, who recently left Malmo. #lufc #MOT #ALAW

Could be an interesting signing
Reasonable scoring record and a fill international.
Hope they aren't seeing him as our secret for banging the goals in?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

8ballali wrote:Yes he's strongly linked. We've offered him an eighteen month contract.

Spent time in Italy, was at Cardiff, was at Celtic, did nothing for any of those.

Only ever made an impact in Norway.

Lets hope not.

That would secure our suspicions that we arent serious about promotion.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Was a bit meh about Forshaw (if he signs) but reading some good things on twitter.

and last season in the Prem for Boro.

534 passes- 1st at the club
89.7% pass accuracy- 1st at the club
distance covered 113.4km- 1st at the club
Sprints 586- 1st again

Worry is, if a direct rival lets you take one of there -players, you have to ask why.
Last edited by Cjay on Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Cjay wrote:Only ever made an impact in Norway.
Malmo is in Sweden.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

Cjay wrote: Spent time in Italy, was at Cardiff, was at Celtic, did nothing for any of those.

Only ever made an impact in Norway.

Lets hope not.

That would secure our suspicions that we arent serious about promotion.
Pontus knows him from his time at Malmo. Surely they'll have got his opinion. Also, a lot depends on service if he was played as a centre-forward. But was he centre-forward, or winger?

woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team

Post by woodfordwhites »

looks like forshaw will become a leeds player then after clubs have agreed deal medical tomorrow
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Gandalf wrote:Malmo is in Sweden.
Ah :zip:

Molde, Strømsgodset and Lyn are in Norway.

Point still stands :) :) :)
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

8ballali wrote:Pontus knows him from his time at Malmo. Surely they'll have got his opinion. Also, a lot depends on service if he was played as a centre-forward. But was he centre-forward, or winger?

Pontus also knows Cibicki.

Im sure Pontus said lovely things about him, but we all can see he isnt cut out, or at least not yet for this league.

Cibicki has time.

This guy just wont ever be good enough imo, if he was then he would already have a contract elsewhere since he announced a while back he would leave Malmo at the end of the calender year.

Cant say i know tons about him, do vaguely remember Ole Gunnar Solskjaer signing him but the rest im just making my own opinion by reading :)
Signed

King Cjay

8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

Cjay wrote: Pontus also knows Cibicki.

Im sure Pontus said lovely things about him, but we all can see he isnt cut out, or at least not yet for this league.

Cibicki has time.

This guy just wont ever be good enough imo, if he was then he would already have a contract elsewhere since he announced a while back he would leave Malmo at the end of the calender year.

Cant say i know tons about him, do vaguely remember Ole Gunnar Solskjaer signing him but the rest im just making my own opinion by reading :)
Cibiki has put some good balls in the box. Too many players float crosses. He whips the ball in with a bit of pace, and varies whether its high, or hard and low. Just not doing enough tackling. But maybe he'll have that coached into him here.

Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

He can finish with either foot, but the standard of defending has to be questioned.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

Gandalf wrote:

He can finish with either foot, but the standard of defending has to be questioned.
Looks like a viking. Gets in the centre of the box. Keeps calm. Times his striking of the ball well. Some dodgy defending for some of them though. But that's not his fault.
Could he be the strikers version of Pontus?

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote:Forshaw
Worry is, if a direct rival lets you take one of there -players, you have to ask why.
Hopefully the key lies in the style of play. Forshaw did well at Brentford during Rosler's time there and we know that Rosler likes a possession based style of football (certainly his near 90% pass success would support this). Rosler was such a fan that he also took him to Wigan. Forshaw was fairly much a regular for most of his time at Middlesborough until this season. We all know that Monk's style was not based on possession football but on longballs, especially diagonal, and picking up the pieces, defender errors, throw ins high up the pitch, corners, or the ball falling perfect for the striker. Likewise Pulis isn't a manager that plays the possession based football so it is likely he simply hasn't fit either manager's plans this season which is why he isn't needed and they want to sell to give them extra cash to but in the players that the new manager wants - a bit like how when Warnock came into Leeds he was happy to sell anyone that could bring in revenue so that he could bring in his type of players.

I get the feeling this could be more of a TC led signing as it certainly veers away from the type of signing Orta usually goes for. Presuming that TC has stressed the need for a midfielder that can slot straight in and is capable of keeping things neat and tidy and then Orta has looked to see who fits the mould and Forshaw's name cropped up - they will have all the stats at hand as to his passing success etc etc. Hopefully it could be just the type of player we need in our midfield.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Berget crashed and burned at Celtic but you just never know with a change of teams...I'll watch him play for us first if he signs
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote:Hopefully the key lies in the style of play. Forshaw did well at Brentford during Rosler's time there and we know that Rosler likes a possession based style of football (certainly his near 90% pass success would support this). Rosler was such a fan that he also took him to Wigan. Forshaw was fairly much a regular for most of his time at Middlesborough until this season. We all know that Monk's style was not based on possession football but on longballs, especially diagonal, and picking up the pieces, defender errors, throw ins high up the pitch, corners, or the ball falling perfect for the striker. Likewise Pulis isn't a manager that plays the possession based football so it is likely he simply hasn't fit either manager's plans this season which is why he isn't needed and they want to sell to give them extra cash to but in the players that the new manager wants - a bit like how when Warnock came into Leeds he was happy to sell anyone that could bring in revenue so that he could bring in his type of players.

I get the feeling this could be more of a TC led signing as it certainly veers away from the type of signing Orta usually goes for. Presuming that TC has stressed the need for a midfielder that can slot straight in and is capable of keeping things neat and tidy and then Orta has looked to see who fits the mould and Forshaw's name cropped up - they will have all the stats at hand as to his passing success etc etc. Hopefully it could be just the type of player we need in our midfield.

For Sure
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Although saying all that Forshaw would have been playing at Boro during Orta's time there (although not a player bought by Orta) so Orta would probably be aware of his attributes.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote:Hopefully the key lies in the style of play. Forshaw did well at Brentford during Rosler's time there and we know that Rosler likes a possession based style of football (certainly his near 90% pass success would support this). Rosler was such a fan that he also took him to Wigan. Forshaw was fairly much a regular for most of his time at Middlesborough until this season. We all know that Monk's style was not based on possession football but on longballs, especially diagonal, and picking up the pieces, defender errors, throw ins high up the pitch, corners, or the ball falling perfect for the striker. Likewise Pulis isn't a manager that plays the possession based football so it is likely he simply hasn't fit either manager's plans this season which is why he isn't needed and they want to sell to give them extra cash to but in the players that the new manager wants - a bit like how when Warnock came into Leeds he was happy to sell anyone that could bring in revenue so that he could bring in his type of players.

Agree with what you say, it sounds logical.

Hopefully it is just a case of he didnt fit the style of the management at Boro, but he will fit ours. He was certainly from reading twitter a key player under Karanka when they got promoted, and although it was an unsuccessful campaign, his stats in the Premier League in a poor side were impressive. Know Karanka was very defensive, so presumably he played a defensive style, maintain your shape, keep possession, that sort of thing.Hopefully, he is the ball playing midfielder we lack, Vieira and Phillips have many qualities, but they dont control the midfield, they run about like loonies flying into tackles. Forshaw clearly works hard, which TC will like, tracking back and breaking forward, but the control he hopefully can bring over the midfield, especially when we are under the cosh could be crucial. Im feeling confident now about this one, he is different to anyone we have.
Signed

King Cjay

Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Gandalf wrote:

Its Ragnar Lothbrok ( Vikings ) :-D