January signings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: January signings

Post by fred »

The most realistic scenario seems that the main strategy is to buy young players in hope that they develope and/or turn out to be cheap gems. Improving the team and/or selling them with a nice profit.
If this is the strategy then we can hope at best for a slight improvement from year to year. We`ve got some good players, Keep them, and next season should be better than this will probably turn out to be. At least things seem to be on the move - the main reason for the quite astonishing attendances in recent home games I believe - in comparison to that feeling of stagnation the last x years.
But it remains to pe proven that we actually aren`t moving only in circles.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I definitely feel we are moving in the right direction albeit slower than a lot of people want in relation to the first team. I think the hope with all the youngsters we have brought in is that they aren't far off first team standard and that maybe next season or the season after a few of them are in the first team and they then don't really need the settling in period having already gotten used to playing in English conditions etc. In years to come the hope would be that the majority of the first team comes from these players with 2 or 3 signings each year in positions we need.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I definitely feel we are moving in the right direction albeit slower than a lot of people want in relation to the first team. I think the hope with all the youngsters we have brought in is that they aren't far off first team standard and that maybe next season or the season after a few of them are in the first team and they then don't really need the settling in period having already gotten used to playing in English conditions etc. In years to come the hope would be that the majority of the first team comes from these players with 2 or 3 signings each year in positions we need.