Conor ShockedNessie

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Conor ShockedNessie

Post by Cjay »

Conor Shaughnessy is todays player :)

I didn't realise he didn't have a thread till i looked.

So thats why.

versatile young man, originally a Cm converted to a cb this season.

Where do people stand on Nessie?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
gessa

Re: Conor ShockedNessie

Post by gessa »

One for the future and ok to bring in when needed.

Unlucky with the goal.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Needs to be loaned out to get experience which is key with centrebacks. He will make mistakes but all good defenders do and it is all about learning from mistakes and not making the same ones repeatedly. Could be a decent player as he has already shown in glimpses.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Needs to be loaned out to get experience which is key with centrebacks. He will make mistakes but all good defenders do and it is all about learning from mistakes and not making the same ones repeatedly. Could be a decent player as he has already shown in glimpses.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Didn’t think he did too bad today. Having said that I couldn’t bring myself to re-watch the goal so don’t know whether he was at fault.

Bit O/T but where was Pennington today?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not seen enough yet but what I have seen suggests he's a couple of years away and should be playing for our reserves or out on loan ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I have more confidence in Shaughnessy long term than Cooper.

Thought he was 2nd best player to Berardi in the first-half today
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Didn’t think he did too bad today. Having said that I couldn’t bring myself to re-watch the goal so don’t know whether he was at fault.

Bit O/T but where was Pennington today?
He was one of our better players today, would have rated him 6/10 had it not been for his final 15 minutes.

Pennington is ordinary, hopefully he is on his way back to Goodison
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cooper is still better atm but Coner may become a thing in the future. Personally I doubt it unless injury strikes as he probably gets pushed further down the depth chart this window or the next
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

CB's are all about establishing partnerships..It a trust and understanding thing.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote:He was one of our better players today, would have rated him 6/10 had it not been for his final 15 minutes.

Pennington is ordinary, hopefully he is on his way back to Goodison
Just can't understand having him if we're not gonna play him in these sorts of matches when he wants to use the squad. We had a LB playing at RB, a RB playing CH (who happens to be our only decent LB for league matches so surely we don't want him injured / suspended?) and a PL central defender who doesn't usually play nowhere to be seen......I'm sure someone will explain the logic.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Just can't understand having him if we're not gonna play him in these sorts of matches when he wants to use the squad. We had a LB playing at RB, a RB playing CH (who happens to be our only decent LB for league matches so surely we don't want him injured / suspended?) and a PL central defender who doesn't usually play nowhere to be seen......I'm sure someone will explain the logic.
There's no logic to it whatsoever Norfolk

Our managerial team are to blame for the above circumstances
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Just can't understand having him if we're not gonna play him in these sorts of matches when he wants to use the squad. We had a LB playing at RB, a RB playing CH (who happens to be our only decent LB for league matches so surely we don't want him injured / suspended?) and a PL central defender who doesn't usually play nowhere to be seen......I'm sure someone will explain the logic.
I imagine he played players out of position to give them experience playing there, should the need arise during the league and we are stuck.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

dezzy wrote:I imagine he played players out of position to give them experience playing there, should the need arise during the league and we are stuck.
Well we are in trouble then :shock:
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Well we are in trouble then :shock:
Big time, or did he do it to make the board aware of our situation
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote:I imagine he played players out of position to give them experience playing there, should the need arise during the league and we are stuck.
I thought Berardi was outstanding at CB, a class above the rest of our team

What a servant Gaetano is, he can play any position across the back-four, he'd probably be better than our two current keepers between the sticks too ;-)
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote:I thought Berardi was outstanding at CB, a class above the rest of our team

What a servant Gaetano is, he can play any position across the back-four, he'd probably be better than our two current keepers between the sticks too ;-)
It matters to him that's why (and because he's a great defender)..... I'd happily watch a team of 11 Berras every week - we wouldn't always win but you would never say they didn't give 100%.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote:It matters to him that's why (and because he's a great defender)..... I'd happily watch a team of 11 Berras every week - we wouldn't always win but you would never say they didn't give 100%.
If Don Revie was still alive & asked the question 'Which player would you have in your 60's/70's team from the current squad'?

I reckon his immediate answer would be Berardi because he is old school, a tough competitor & his determination/effort is 100% throughout
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote:I thought Berardi was outstanding at CB, a class above the rest of our team

Didn’t see the game, so no clue, but seeing that Berardi played well at CB is a plus for the squad, should we ever be stuck, as for the other gambles, it may force our hand in the transfer market.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

dezzy wrote:Didn’t see the game, so no clue, but seeing that Berardi played well at CB is a plus for the squad, should we ever be stuck, as for the other gambles, it may force our hand in the transfer market.

Not really as well as he played he's just to short to make the necessary headers, and don't forget these were 2nd division forwards. Gary Monk tried to play the board last season, it doesn't work and I'm hoping he just made errors in team selection and there was nothing else in it or he's gone come July.