Current moderators

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Which of the current moderators should we keep:

Poll ended at Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:48 pm

LUFCRACE
13%
Crude
9%
MeeTa
13%
weasel
29%
1964white
36%

Total votes: 55

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Current moderators

Post by whiteswan »

So you are now calling 64 Leon....are you his new best friend? Why call him Leon after all the aggression towards him?
You say you 'complained about Grayson in the same style" on a different forum....so what style was that? We've certainly seem some style of posting from you that's for sure.
I feel sorry for the mods on here....they clearly have had a job on their hands with you.....like you admit on not 606 that the mods had so many complaints against you..
You say you returned to not606 and I quote "was pretty calm", which tells me that you may have had to change your attitude .....well, you certainly didn't on here....
Next, you talk about someone being offended by a 'harmless joke', but, ....you had taken things way too far before that!
You came on to this forum and refused to embrace it, what it stood for....you came with aggression.
You would have been so welcomed, embraced and made to feel a part of what we have here...
But you chose not to.....
Now, you come on here tonight, cap in hand, trying to explain....offering to try and calm it down, offering up Cjay and Weasel to 'carry on the Heckinbottom' thread....
After trying to take down one of the main people who not only loves this forum but spends hours and hours of his own time on our behalf....
Oh boy....you are something else!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Everyone deserves a second chance.

Emotions running high. . Another wasted season. . If all was well at LUFC bet this situation wouldn't ever have append.

Group hug.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

I know my own mind and I know my own intentions.

I'm not trying to take anybody down, I'm not trying to upset anybody.

I thought everything had calmed down last night, only to come back on and find the blow up in here.

I tried to have my say as calmly as possible, without being aggressive or reactionary, and someone responds to it by looking for reasons to take offence and twisting what I've said.

I've been demonised amongst a certain group of people and once that happens it becomes impossible to say anything without being attacked for it.

I'm sure if we all met up in a pub we'd all get on fine and be able to have a good debate about Leeds, but things get taken the wrong way on forums sometimes. There are people I see at work from time to time and they always like to come up and have a chat to me about Leeds.

Rather than put the mods in the difficult position of having to ban me even though I've not broken any rules, and in order to leave the door open for me to return, it's probably best that I don't post on here for a while.

Maybe in the summer we'll get a manager who doesn't divide opinion, who we can all get behind, then it won't be so toxic and I can come back and we'll all get on fine...until he's sacked.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Clive wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:59 am I know my own mind and I know my own intentions.

I'm not trying to take anybody down, I'm not trying to upset anybody.

I thought everything had calmed down last night, only to come back on and find the blow up in here.

I tried to have my say as calmly as possible, without being aggressive or reactionary, and someone responds to it by looking for reasons to take offence and twisting what I've said.

I've been demonised amongst a certain group of people and once that happens it becomes impossible to say anything without being attacked for it.

I'm sure if we all met up in a pub we'd all get on fine and be able to have a good debate about Leeds, but things get taken the wrong way on forums sometimes. There are people I see at work from time to time and they always like to come up and have a chat to me about Leeds.

Rather than put the mods in the difficult position of having to ban me even though I've not broken any rules, and in order to leave the door open for me to return, it's probably best that I don't post on here for a while.

Maybe in the summer we'll get a manager who doesn't divide opinion, who we can all get behind, then it won't be so toxic and I can come back and we'll all get on fine...until he's sacked.
Stick about see what happens.

Personally think its all got out of proportion.

Much more drama then probably needed to be, played out in a public arena when it should have been private.

Still dont think theres any need for anyone to leave or quit.

Far more worthy things for people to get upset about then football.

Nothing wrong with a healthy debate.

Nobody died, feelings may have been hurt on all sides unintentionally.

Tomorrow is a new day :)
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:31 am So you are now calling 64 Leon....are you his new best friend? Why call him Leon after all the aggression towards him?
Not wanting to have a go at you whiteswan but you seem to be having a go at Clive for trying to be friendly now?

Great advice from cjay :star:
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

Cjay wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:10 am Everyone deserves a second chance.

Emotions running high. . Another wasted season. . If all was well at LUFC bet this situation wouldn't ever have append.

Group hug.
nice words cjay and you seem like a nice person mate , but you never give second chances to certain types of people , all your doing is giving them a second bullet to shoot at you because they missed with the first . :tdown:
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

beer belly bert wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:32 am nice words cjay and you seem like a nice person mate , but you never give second chances to certain types of people , all your doing is giving them a second bullet to shoot at you because they missed with the first . :tdown:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

like, clever
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

Azkalwhite wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:23 pm
:-D
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

beer belly bert wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:32 am nice words cjay and you seem like a nice person mate , but you never give second chances to certain types of people , all your doing is giving them a second bullet to shoot at you because they missed with the first . :tdown:
Just think lifes to short to get upset over a forum

Hey ho.
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:05 pm Just think lifes to short to get upset over a forum

Hey ho.

You're right mate but if people don't enjoy it, then there will be no forum.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

gessa wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:07 pm You're right mate but if people don't enjoy it, then there will be no forum.
True.

But do we really want to drive away active newbies?

Have to wonder how it looks to outsiders.
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:08 pm True.

But do we really want to drive away active newbies?

Have to wonder how it looks to outsiders.
There may be others wanting to join or post that are put off by a certain style of posting, double edged sword that one.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

gessa wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:13 pm There may be others wanting to join or post that are put off by a certain style of posting, double edged sword that one.
Correct, its difficult.

An outsider could view it as people who know each other well ganging up on a new person whose view they dont like.

Not saying thats what it was, but thats what it could look like.
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:27 pm Correct, its difficult.

An outsider could view it as people who know each other well ganging up on a new person whose view they dont like.

Not saying thats what it was, but thats what it could look like.
True, but it could look to someone who's been reading for a while , that a newbie as spoilt the equilibrium of a very good forum

Circles now mate. :) .
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

I haven't seen the newbie mods Hector, Nick and Ang doing and modding - do we need even newer mods? :twisted:
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
hector

Post by hector »

gets my vote H....... we have been in the job far too long......
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

hector wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:35 pm gets my vote H....... we have been in the job far too long......
:)
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.