Yosuke Ideguchi

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Yosuke Ideguchi

Post by Cjay »

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-8947304

Welcome :)

Pretty annoyed despite the pish poor display from our squad we are sending a talented player to Spain.

Its mind numbing stupidity imo. We arent Manchester City or Chelsea who can afford to keep signing player for the future ffs.

Would have lifted the spirits and given us another option.

Regardless hope he does well there and here next season.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Yosuke Ideguchi

Post by 1964white »

If he is better than we already have it does seem a bit daft Cjay

Deal completed as I mentioned on the Breakfast Debate thread this morning
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I don't know enough about the quality, tempo, physicality etc of the Japanese League to know whether the lad would be able to adapt straightaway. I am guessing TC feels that he would prefer him to get a bit of exposure to european football and then have the summer to work with him. For all those dismissing the quality of Spanish 2nd division it might be more about getting him used to a spanish style of playing which is what TC is trying to get us playing - so by going there on loan it gives him the chance to get used to the formation and get used to his role in it.
Reidy
Ballboy
Ballboy
Twitter: @Reidyboy30

Post by Reidy »

Maybe I'm miles off target with this, but isn't it a work permit issue - he's not allowed to play in the UK for some reason? Seem to remember reading something like that - although why he'd be able to play in Spain if that's the case, I've no idea, would assume European employment law covers both countries?
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Reidy wrote:Maybe I'm miles off target with this, but isn't it a work permit issue - he's not allowed to play in the UK for some reason? Seem to remember reading something like that - although why he'd be able to play in Spain if that's the case, I've no idea, would assume European employment law covers both countries?
Phil Hay said the other day we had worked out the work permit issue.
I can kind of see the logic in sending him out on loan to get accustomed to European football. Especially given how vociferous our fan base can be if a player doesn't hit the ground running (see the criticism that Grot gets)
Hopefully he is the player we hope he can be next season.
Reidy
Ballboy
Ballboy
Twitter: @Reidyboy30

Post by Reidy »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote:Phil Hay said the other day we had worked out the work permit issue.
I can kind of see the logic in sending him out on loan to get accustomed to European football. Especially given how vociferous our fan base can be if a player doesn't hit the ground running (see the criticism that Grot gets)
Hopefully he is the player we hope he can be next season.
Shows how in touch I am! Cheers for the prompt update Hereford, much appreciated :)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I could understand loaning him out if we had a fully fit squad and an embarrassing amount of talent in the cm area, but we dont.
Eunan O'Kane is a midfielder who cant pass, cant break up play, doesnt score goals, isnt an imposing figure.

Mateusz Klich doesnt get a game.

Kalvin Phillips is marmite, some love him some dont, i think he is ok, nothing more at this time, decent squad player.

Ronaldo Vieira is the best of the 3 regulars by a distance, but injured and only 19, cant rely on him all the time.

Unless Klich is going to get chances our midfield is mid table at best, aside from Vieira none of them would start for the 5 teams above us.

Why not keep Ideguchi till the end of the month, then if necessary send him to Spain?
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Looks like he's Leeds ...booked within 9 minutes of coming on for his debut for CL today..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote:Looks like he's Leeds ...booked within 9 minutes of coming on for his debut for CL today..
Pfft amateur

We spit and headbutt people here
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Not getting game time in Spain.

I dunno if he is any good, but to be considered a golden boy for Japan must count for something. Klich doing well in Dutch football and an international.

Yet in his wisdom Orta decided to send 2 internationals on loan, one not to play the other to star.

And we perservere with one good midfielder, 2 poor ones and one who cant/or isnt allowed to play.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

One would have to assume the Klich loan was a TC issue, if TC played him he'd still be here. Ideguchi would probably been better off here assuming work permit was sorted
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Worth noting he hasnt been given a squad number.

Maybe he isnt good enough, thats ok, why buy him in the first place, feel sorry for him,ruined his World Cup chances, sent him to the arse end of nowhere in Spain, then seemingly bin him off.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:41 pm Worth noting he hasnt been given a squad number.

Maybe he isnt good enough, thats ok, why buy him in the first place, feel sorry for him,ruined his World Cup chances, sent him to the arse end of nowhere in Spain, then seemingly bin him off.
Would be guessing we have either a loan deal lined up for him or a permanent transfer. Seems a strange one as highly rated and the Japanese national team is fairly decent too. Maybe just needs a season acclimatising to european/english footy.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

...Actually playing games this time weasel.
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:41 pm Worth noting he hasnt been given a squad number.

Doesn’t surprise me :tup:
Richard wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:29 amYes I’ll give him a chance, I said somewhere else if he ever gets to pull on a Leeds shirt I’ll be amazed, it’s just this type of signing doesn’t exactly inspire me.
;-)
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Was the only unused sub last night, so definitely won't be with us this year.

I think it'd probably be best for both parties if he goes back to Japan, whether that's permanent or loan, just to give him another year's development.

Was clearly well regarded by Japan's international set up, so maybe it is a work permit issue. Some transparency/clarity from the club would be nice!
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Genghers wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:42 am Was the only unused sub last night, so definitely won't be with us this year.

I think it'd probably be best for both parties if he goes back to Japan, whether that's permanent or loan, just to give him another year's development.

Was clearly well regarded by Japan's international set up, so maybe it is a work permit issue. Some transparency/clarity from the club would be nice!
I would imagine he isn’t going to feature much this season so work permit issues could be the problem, from his limited appearances I’ve read he is pretty poor to be honest so I’d say get him off the wages and sell him back to a Japanese team.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Played for U-23's yesterday but not even on bench today (Shaugnessy and DeBock were). Does he have a future? Will he play for U-23s all year, or will they send him on loan before the deadline?
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

I never understand all the time, effort and money involved to buy someone to put them out on loan. It reminds me of the top clubs buying someone they wont use simply to stop other clubs buying them. Leeds do not have that luxury. In my view, everyone you pay money for should be part of your plans period.
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Played well what little I saw,