Jonny Evans

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Togehter way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Cjay
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Jonny Evans

Postby Cjay » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:57 pm

For £25million

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Arsene Wenger being interested, not surprised, bless his heart but he lost the plot a decade ago.

WTF is Pep thinking!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
whiteswan
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2289
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Jonny Evans

Postby whiteswan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:28 pm

Cjay wrote:For £25million

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



WTF is Pep thinking!!!!!!!!!!!

:shock: Is that an offer Cjay or has the deal been done? I did hear that Citeh and arsenal were interested

User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6365
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: Jonny Evans

Postby lufc1304 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:01 am

Not sure what the laughter's for, Cjay, Evans is an excellent centre half. Look at his performances for WBA and Northern Ireland over the last few seasons, he's been one of the most consistent CHs in British football. Just because he plays for an unfashionable club doesn't mean he isn't worth that money. Personally think if City get him for that, it will be an great piece of business
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 56411
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Jonny Evans

Postby 1964white » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:40 am

lufc1304 wrote:Not sure what the laughter's for, Cjay, Evans is an excellent centre half. Look at his performances for WBA and Northern Ireland over the last few seasons, he's been one of the most consistent CHs in British football. Just because he plays for an unfashionable club doesn't mean he isn't worth that money. Personally think if City get him for that, it will be an great piece of business


Agree Nick :tup: looks a decent CB imo!

User avatar
Ratscoot
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1347
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:52 pm

Re: Jonny Evans

Postby Ratscoot » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:53 am

The money in football over the last few years is just mental Evans is a decent CB but £25million at is age, £140+ million for Courtino now that’s madness but then I thought £15million for McCormack was mental :roflmao: :lol:

And here’s another I don’t blame the players one bit I’d take the money as well and at least this player has the brains to invest in property, it’s more the clubs, agents and all this TV money the bubble will eventually burst probably when we all get bored of watching football where a player can’t touch an opponent and it’s the club with the biggest pay cheque wins everything :x


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -home.html
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't

Cjay
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Jonny Evans

Postby Cjay » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:52 pm

lufc1304 wrote:Not sure what the laughter's for, Cjay, Evans is an excellent centre half. Look at his performances for WBA and Northern Ireland over the last few seasons, he's been one of the most consistent CHs in British football. Just because he plays for an unfashionable club doesn't mean he isn't worth that money. Personally think if City get him for that, it will be an great piece of business

£25million pounds is ludicrous.

Not his fault of course, just shows how inflated the market is.

Summer before last Bayern paid between £20-30 mill for Mats Hummels, a genuinely world class cb.

Evans for £25m next to that is a joke imo.

User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6365
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: Jonny Evans

Postby lufc1304 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:17 pm

Cjay wrote:£25million pounds is ludicrous.

Not his fault of course, just shows how inflated the market is.

Summer before last Bayern paid between £20-30 mill for Mats Hummels, a genuinely world class cb.

Evans for £25m next to that is a joke imo.


Fact of life that an average Prem player changes hands these days for £20 odd million. Evans if an established international and has been for many years, £25m is not excessive in the grand scheme of things. Watch him go if he moves to City
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson

Cjay
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Jonny Evans

Postby Cjay » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:47 pm

lufc1304 wrote:Fact of life that an average Prem player changes hands these days for £20 odd million. Evans if an established international and has been for many years, £25m is not excessive in the grand scheme of things. Watch him go if he moves to City

Established international for Northern Ireland doesnt say much (Irish on my mums side so I'm allowed to say that) :)

Unfortunately you are correct, said as much in my confession :(

Average in the Premier League costs big money.

User avatar
gessa
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16404
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: Jonny Evans

Postby gessa » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:45 pm

A lot of money but that's the name of the game nowadays. My mate is a baggie and he'll be very sorry to see him go, thinks it may be the nail in the coffin for relegation.
There are non more easily offended than those that want to be.


Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 67 guests