Ipswich v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Re: Ipswich v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by Oscar »

We didn't play too badly yesterday and didn't deserve to lose but even with 10 men it's still disappointing to lose the game particularly when Christiansen has cost us the game with his decisions, the starting 11 was terrible and his substitutions were poor as well. I didn't like how reactive we were to Ipswich scoring I thought we showed them too much respect during the first 20 minutes of the second half and that we sat back far too much we simply aren't good enough defensively to do that. Taking Alioski off meant that we had little threat on the counter attack and that Ipswich could push people forward and take risks.
I wouldn't say next Saturday is a must win but it's important we get back to winning ways asap so that this slight loss of form doesn't turn into a complete slump like it did earlier in the season.

Wiedwald 7- Some excellent distribution in the second half, one or two poor moments but could do absolutely nothing about the Ipswich goal.
Berardi 7- Tried to get forward and did use the ball very well at times thought he defended well for most of the game as well.
Jansson 7- Man Of The Match made several crucial blocks once again.
Cooper 5- Defensively he didn't do too badly but put us under pressure so many times in the first half through poor mistakes and his miss at the end was poor.
Anita 6- Did ok but like Cooper put us under pressure a couple of times through.
O'Kane 5- Was doing ok before the red card but has to lose marks for the red card absolutely ridiculous.
Phillips 6- Gave the ball away far too often.
Cibicki 5- Should have done better with his chance.
Hernandez 7- Created two of our biggest chances, our best number 10 imo.
Alioski 6- Didn't do too badly but never going to get goals from that left hand side.
Roofe 6- Link up play was good but should have done better with his chance.
Subs:
Sacko 6- Ran with the ball well but final pass was poor once again.
Shaughnessy 6- Broke up play well but also gave the ball away a lot as well.
Lasogga 6- Didn't really effect the game enough for me didn't link up play very well losing the ball in good positions.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

O'kane giving the Glesca Kiss to opponent.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote:O'kane giving the Glesca Kiss to opponent.
Hadn't seen the incident from that angle Rab

A clear red card & a stupid/foolhardy act to commit

Are our footballers brain dead :x

Indiscipline is another reason why we won't make the play-offs :(
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Yeah definite red and absolutely stupid. Glad there is at least conclusive evidence and if O'Kane has been telling TC or other players he did nothing then I would hope he never plays for us again.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oscar wrote: I wouldn't say next Saturday is a must win but it's important we get back to winning ways asap so that this slight loss of form doesn't turn into a complete slump like it did earlier in the season
Think we'll beat Millwall next Saturday Oscar, even so I'm expecting an up & down season from here on unless we make significant signings in the next couple of weeks. One point v poor teams such as Brum, Forest, Ipswich plus being dumped out of the cup by a League Two side suggests we are on the decline & we are a very much a soft touch. I feared this was coming even after our victories against Norwich, Hull & Burton. Annoying fact is we played well at Ipswich & got nothing !
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

1964white wrote:Think we'll beat Millwall next Saturday Oscar, even so I'm expecting an up & down season from here on unless we make significant signings in the next couple of weeks. One point v poor teams such as Brum, Forest, Ipswich plus being dumped out of the cup by a League Two side suggests we are on the decline & we are a very much a soft touch. I feared this was coming even after our victories against Norwich, Hull & Burton. Annoying fact is we played well at Ipswich & got nothing !
I'm not so sure we will beat Millwall tbh mate, depends on if we bring anyone in before Saturday and who is available (i.e. will the likes of Vieira, DeBock and Dallas be ready to start?). Millwall have done very well this season and looked excellent against us earlier in the season.
I do think things will start to look better once we get Vieira back and DeBock at left back, however, we aren't going to be properly competitive until we sign a striker Roofe tbf has done well but he doesn't offer any consistency at all to be considered our first choice striker, Ekuban looks really promising (his hold up and link up play looks top class) but he doesn't look like he offers enough goals atm plus he has been injured for most of the season :( and Lasogga looks really average to me scored goals early on but offers very little in the way of link up/hold up play. Last 2 league games we haven't played badly but haven't scored or won either game simply because we had no one to put the ball in the back of the net. We might just about have the quality to make the play offs but we won't be competitive in them unless we bring in a top striker, the play off games are mostly tight games with few chances either side and you need to have a clinical striker to win these games.