RIP Cyrille Regis

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

RIP Cyrille Regis

Post by Gurj »

Stunned and saddened to hear this tragic news that ' Big C ' has passed away from a heart attack at the age of 59.

Living in the west midlands all my life, I cant emhpasise enough how much of a legend this great man was in this area.

A massive hero at WBA and Coventry in particular he was also loved by Villa and Wolves fans where he also had shorter spells.

A gentle man off the field, he was a nightmare for all defenders on it and a true handul for the very best. Never forget that one goal he scored at the Hawthorns that won BBC MoTD goal of the season in 81/82 where he chested the ball down, turned in one motion before smashinga 30 yarder into the top corner.

RIP Big man, you will be truly missed.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RIP Cyrille Regis

Post by beer belly bert »

rip cyrille a true legend.
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

RIP Cyril

A legendary striker
gessa

Post by gessa »

RIP.

Great striker
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:RIP.

Great striker
It took a lot to knock big Cyril over unlike the current powder-puff forwards in our team whom spend more time on the ground than on their feet
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

RIP CHAMP ,great player and sadly passed away.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Trail blazer, role model, gentleman. RIP Cyril
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
LUFC_BOS
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LUFC_BOS »

What an iconic player, loved watching him play for the baggies. I was talking to my son about Cyrille and how that team is revered in West Brom just last week.
Very sad news today --
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

I remember that WBA were a good side in the late 70s early 80s and this was down to the fact that they had four black players in their side, Cyrille Regis, Brendon Batson, Remi Moses and the late Laurie Cunningham. This was a time when racism on the terraces was rife and they stood up to no end of abuse and they all showed us what great team players they were.
59 is no age these days, a sad loss
RIP Cyrille
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Good player and part of a very good and under rated team . I used to go to Albion a lot in the 70's and 80's , I am a Brummie , now living in Essex but then was back in Brum and Albion were the nearest side to me , local I suppose ......BUT ... I used to go along hoping to watch them lose . Now I suppose I'd say they wee my second team if you can have such a thing . Bear in mind I used to watch them because travel to Leeds was a very long winded and expensive thing back then and I didn't drive but working didn't leave me time to get to Leeds much . That Albion side had some talented individuals , they were just maybe a player or two short of doing something good - and it was a very competitive era back then .
gessa

Post by gessa »

Clacton White wrote:Good player and part of a very good and under rated team . I used to go to Albion a lot in the 70's and 80's , I am a Brummie , now living in Essex but then was back in Brum and Albion were the nearest side to me , local I suppose ......BUT ... I used to go along hoping to watch them lose . Now I suppose I'd say they wee my second team if you can have such a thing . Bear in mind I used to watch them because travel to Leeds was a very long winded and expensive thing back then and I didn't drive but working didn't leave me time to get to Leeds much . That Albion side had some talented individuals , they were just maybe a player or two short of doing something good - and it was a very competitive era back then .
A lot of my mates in those days were baggies fans and if I didn't manage to get to a Leeds game(which was rare in those days) or if they had a midweek game I'd go along with them. Could never have them as my second team though after that Astle "goal".