Leeds v Millwall - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v Millwall - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by whiteswan »

whiteswan wrote:TC interview on Channel 5....his words "We have to get punished before we react, so we need to react before we get punished and then we will have better results" :duno:
Maybe I should have posted this on the topic "Should he stay or should he go". Leon please feel free to move my post to another topic if relevant.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:TC interview on Channel 5....his words "We have to get punished before we react, so we need to react before we get punished and then we will have better results" :duno:
Words are cheap if we continue to play the same way & lose game after game

We've started so many games slowly or played well for 20 to 30 minute periods during matches.
TC sets our team up with his preparation, team selections/substitutions & style of play so he has take responsibility for his decisions

I like TC but I'm unconvinced he can turn it around as we have too many players who are not good enough to perform the way he wants us to play
jindy30
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by jindy30 »

Maybe we should start with 10 players next week.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

stevewall wrote:what a game I think the shot count for the game was over 40 , though you were down to 10 men I thought we were going to lose and millwall kept going well it really should be our 3rd or 4th away win not our first , but we had a resigned look to our play for about 15 mins after you took the lead both sides had other chances and we've been poor in front of goal all season , If I was a leeds fan I wouldn't be too despondent I thought you looked as good as anyone I've seen bar wolves and you have a real chance still of making the play off's and 2nd place isn't out of reach for you
as for us we are improving as the season goes on and only need to improve in front of goal to creep into the top half good luck to leeds for the rest of the season hope you make the play offsat least
It was an incredible game, it hurts more because it feels like we lost it twice. You could have had a couple before your 1st, but so could we. You were very impressive 1st half, very organised and physical and we couldn't cope. Then after the sending off i really expected a hammering. But we played great 2nd half and what looked like a hammering became a really exciting game. Frustrating because we need to play like that for a whole game, not half. In the end you deserved the win, and we are left to sulk. If you play like you did against us then no reason you cant push up the table, good luck and thanks for your part in a thrilling but frustrating game. :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

jindy30 wrote:Maybe we should start with 10 players next week.

"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Awful pathetic performance, I honestly don't care about the first 20 minutes of the second half to even get ourselves into that bad a position was ridiculous.
Cooper has to be stripped of the captaincy, 4 suspensions in less than a year as well as being nowhere near good enough.
Team selection from Christiansen was all wrong once again.

First Half was a complete shambles we could have been 1 down inside 10 seconds and after Lasogga's early chance Millwall played really well, I thought they were unlucky to only be 2 up.

Second Half first 20 minutes were incredible and we were much better but to be 3-2 up with minutes to go and lose the game against a team who hadn't won away all season was embarrasing.

Ratings:
Wiedwald 7- Made some good saves to keep us in the game.
Berardi 4- At fault for the first 2 goals, much better second half.
Jansson 6- Not really at fault for any of the goals.
Cooper 2
De Bock 6- Didn't play too badly, 1-2 defensive errors but looked good going forward.
Vieira 4- Poor for the second goal unfortunately.
Phillips 5- Much better second half but we need to give him a bit of a rest imo.
Alioski 6- His control was excellent and he ran at their left back a few times, final decision/pass was poor once again.
Hernandez 7- Please Leeds just give Pablo a new contract, our best number 10 his efficiency with the ball is so vital to our chances of achieving anything this season.
Roofe 8- Played very well good movement and awareness for his goal and created Lasogga's first.
Lasogga 9- Man Of The Match, incredible performance 2 great finishes and caused the Millwall defence so many problems.
Substitutions:
Pennington 7- His best game for ages made several crucial blocks and challenges.
Dallas 7- Had a good impact on the game, lost the ball for the 4th goal but I blame our defensive shape more than anything for that 4th goal.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oscar wrote:Awful pathetic performance, I honestly don't care about the first 20 minutes of the second half to even get ourselves into that bad a position was ridiculous.
Cooper has to be stripped of the captaincy, 4 suspensions in less than a year as well as being nowhere near good enough.
Team selection from Christiansen was all wrong once again.

First Half was a complete shambles we could have been 1 down inside 10 seconds and after Lasogga's early chance Millwall played really well, I thought they were unlucky to only be 2 up.

Second Half first 20 minutes were incredible and we were much better but to be 3-2 up with minutes to go and lose the game against a team who hadn't won away all season was embarrasing.

Ratings:
Wiedwald 7- Made some good saves to keep us in the game.
Berardi 4- At fault for the first 2 goals, much better second half.
Jansson 6- Not really at fault for any of the goals.
Cooper 2
De Bock 6- Didn't play too badly, 1-2 defensive errors but looked good going forward.
Vieira 4- Poor for the second goal unfortunately.
Phillips 5- Much better second half but we need to give him a bit of a rest imo.
Alioski 6- His control was excellent and he ran at their left back a few times, final decision/pass was poor once again.
Hernandez 7- Please Leeds just give Pablo a new contract, our best number 10 his efficiency with the ball is so vital to our chances of achieving anything this season.
Roofe 8- Played very well good movement and awareness for his goal and created Lasogga's first.
Lasogga 9- Man Of The Match, incredible performance 2 great finishes and caused the Millwall defence so many problems.
Substitutions:
Pennington 7- His best game for ages made several crucial blocks and challenges.
Dallas 7- Had a good impact on the game, lost the ball for the 4th goal but I blame our defensive shape more than anything for that 4th goal.
Pretty much as I saw it Oscar....a complete shambles :(

Once again we're in another rut & we need to stop the rot quickly
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oscar wrote: Cooper has to be stripped of the captaincy, 4 suspensions in less than a year as well as being nowhere near good enough
Absolutely incredible that our management obviously think Cooper is the bees knees. That is one thing Monk got right as he only played him in cup competitions & when Pontus was suspended.

For Cooper to be captain of our club is galling as he is one of the worst CB's to play for Leeds United
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Video on Twitter of Millwall fans clearly singing something along the lines of.

"Always look out for Turks carrying knives".

Family Club Of The Year . . . . . . . .
Signed

King Cjay

Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Cjay wrote:Video on Twitter of Millwall fans clearly singing something along the lines of.

"Always look out for Turks carrying knives".

Family Club Of The Year . . . . . . . .
I was in the South Stand in FA 6 yesterday right next to them and the c**ts sung "where were you in Istanbul" loads of times as well Cjay :evil:. As well as their fans throwing a load bottles and coins in our direction after they scored the winner.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Oscar wrote:I was in the South Stand in FA 6 yesterday right next to them and the c**ts sung "where were you in Istanbul" loads of times as well Cjay :evil:. As well as their fans throwing a load bottles and coins in our direction after they scored the winner.
Horrible fans.

Not all im sure, Steve seems a nice guy, a reasonable human being like the majority of football fans.

We all have our idiots, ours showed against Ipswich that we still have some idiots.

Just Millwall seem to have more then most, why sing that sort of stuff, its got nothing to do with football you classless twats.
Signed

King Cjay

stevewall
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by stevewall »

Cjay wrote:Horrible fans.

Not all im sure, Steve seems a nice guy, a reasonable human being like the majority of football fans.

We all have our idiots, ours showed against Ipswich that we still have some idiots.

Just Millwall seem to have more then most, why sing that sort of stuff, its got nothing to do with football you classless twats.
your right about all clubs having their idiots and we definitely got our fair share , personally and the people I go with just would not sing anything mocking the death of anyone and to me it's embarrassing at the very least ; banter goading it is part of football and most of us do it at some point but there is a line that shouldn't be crossed , it's sad really because the average millwall fan isn't remotely close to the image that the press in particular seem to want to write about focusing on every negative rather than positive , if they did most people's view might be slightly different , on the football front there were positives for both teams and I still think you have a genuine chance of a play off place and I say good luck for the rest of the season
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

stevewall wrote:your right about all clubs having their idiots and we definitely got our fair share , personally and the people I go with just would not sing anything mocking the death of anyone and to me it's embarrassing at the very least ; banter goading it is part of football and most of us do it at some point but there is a line that shouldn't be crossed , it's sad really because the average millwall fan isn't remotely close to the image that the press in particular seem to want to write about focusing on every negative rather than positive , if they did most people's view might be slightly different , on the football front there were positives for both teams and I still think you have a genuine chance of a play off place and I say good luck for the rest of the season
We all expect banter and thats fine, calling players s**t and stuff just part of the game. We like you have our idiots, under no illusions about that. And can understand your own frustration regarding the negative image often promoted about your club. Unfortunately my own experience of your club isnt good, and it does seem some of your fanbase enjoy the negative image and live up to it. There was plusses for us both, negatives to on both sides, you should easily avoid relegation and can see you ending around 12-10th. Good luck to you and the normal Millwall fans for the rest of the season.
Signed

King Cjay

paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

I lived and worked amongst Millwall back in Eighties and got on great with the folk . Down in Bermondsey and met terrific people . Me a Leeds fan was no problem ..though I didn't turn up at the ol' den .
billysknees
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by billysknees »

I see the club have had to refund some of the admission fee to some millwall fans
Got something to do with breaking rules on Ticket prices that are not legally agreed
Anyway they have donated the money to some fund for children who are very ill at this time
Agree with the chanting stuff about Turkey over the top, sometimes i do think its sometimes something to do with too much charlie and booze, not a good mix
But lets be honest the Munich songs and booing over the Minutes silence for George Best years ago was not good either
I think the biggest weakness for Leeds that showed up was in the aerial area
The weakest side ive seen tbh this season in that department
Many of the Goals were from defensive mistakes esp the wall keeper doing his Gary sprake impression
I still think Leeds could sneak into the POs then anything can happen
1964white

Post by 1964white »

billysknees wrote:I see the club have had to refund some of the admission fee to some millwall fans
Got something to do with breaking rules on Ticket prices that are not legally agreed
Anyway they have donated the money to some fund for children who are very ill at this time
Agree with the chanting stuff about Turkey over the top, sometimes i do think its sometimes something to do with too much charlie and booze, not a good mix
But lets be honest the Munich songs and booing over the Minutes silence for George Best years ago was not good either
Many of the Goals were from defensive mistakes esp the wall keeper doing his Gary sprake impression
Welcome to MOT Billy :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

billysknees wrote:I see the club have had to refund some of the admission fee to some millwall fans
Good points, welcome to MOT.

Do you think Gianni Alioski is the greatest player we have out of interest :)
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Good points, welcome to MOT.

Do you think Gianni Alioski is the greatest player we have out of interest :)
:rol:
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

faaip wrote:like
They do every week if O'FuckingKane is playing :-D
Clacton White
First Team
First Team