Leeds v Millwall - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v Millwall - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by The Subhuman »

O'Kane and Ayling?...we're surely not dissing TC's two favourite players are we?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

I am big fan of Berardi's efforts usually but I thought (not unlike the others I know) he had a mare on Saturday, especially in that awful first half of course. Both goals at the back post where he should have been. He was too slow to see the danger.

Is it worth giving young Lewie Coyle a chance ?
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote:I am big fan of Berardi's efforts usually but I thought (not unlike the others I know) he had a mare on Saturday, especially in that awful first half of course. Both goals at the back post where he should have been. He was too slow to see the danger.

Is it worth giving young Lewie Coyle a chance ?
Indeed Gurj he did have a mare......he was on the back post but got caught ball watching, not close enough to the man he was suppose to be marking as you imply.

I notice Oscar marked him 4/10 & I was even less generous giving him 3/10 as his retention & passing of the ball wasn't good. Both of us big fans of Gaetano

Coyle should be brought back even if Berardi was currently in great form.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I just thought that first goal was well executed and finished.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

A tricky one really as you can see why Berardi had come inside a bit to provide extra cover and I would give credit to the cross being pin point. If the ball had been fizzed across the area, or some other scenarios, we may well have been praising Berardi's reading of the game and anticipation. In some ways it is a bit like when Jannson throws himself in the way of a shot - when the striker shoots and he successfully blocks it he looks like a hero who made a great, and brave decision, however if the striker chose to not shoot and instead take another touch or two then Jannson would simply be floundering on the floor and unable to prevent the striker having an easier shot.