Leeds v Millwall - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v Millwall - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by Norm »

fred wrote:

lol...what is the relevant criteria for a deserved win? A win?
Winning when we thought we had done enough to win - keeping going when all seems lost - just not giving up. All credit to them.

We would have been delighted to have done the same thing.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

It seemed to me Beradi moved to centre back and Pennington to Right back. Hence Pennington frequently down the right flank and Beradi closing down centre left at times. Shog was a direct replacement for Lassoga so played up front? Hence the tap in chance he missed

Very messy with the subs at 3-2 which really didn't help.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Apparently Roofe asked to.comes off, if he felt he was knackered fair enough.

Although in a normal persons job you.can't stop because your tired.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Norm wrote:Winning when we thought we had done enough to win - keeping going when all seems lost - just not giving up. All credit to them.

We would have been delighted to have done the same thing.
That applied to us ten times more than to Millwall though. We simply ran out of stream after they had thought they had done enough, with one player more for an hour! Had they not been able to take advantage of a team totally powerd out, then they wouldn`t even be worth being calles a football team. They didn`t believe they could win after going 2-3 behind, and we didn`t believe we had done enough after going 3-2 up...they simply had more energy because of being one man more, that is: they had no physical option than to outrun us and create some chances.
Delighted or not...if not giving up is the criteria then we would have deserved at least a point!
stevewall
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by stevewall »

Cjay wrote:Its been a long time since ive enjoyed a game that much though, credit to Millwall it was a real battle.
what a game I think the shot count for the game was over 40 , though you were down to 10 men I thought we were going to lose and millwall kept going well it really should be our 3rd or 4th away win not our first , but we had a resigned look to our play for about 15 mins after you took the lead both sides had other chances and we've been poor in front of goal all season , If I was a leeds fan I wouldn't be too despondent I thought you looked as good as anyone I've seen bar wolves and you have a real chance still of making the play off's and 2nd place isn't out of reach for you
as for us we are improving as the season goes on and only need to improve in front of goal to creep into the top half good luck to leeds for the rest of the season hope you make the play offsat least
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

stevewall wrote:what a game I think the shot count for the game was over 40 , though you were down to 10 men I thought we were going to lose and millwall kept going well it really should be our 3rd or 4th away win not our first , but we had a resigned look to our play for about 15 mins after you took the lead both sides had other chances and we've been poor in front of goal all season , If I was a leeds fan I wouldn't be too despondent I thought you looked as good as anyone I've seen bar wolves and you have a real chance still of making the play off's and 2nd place isn't out of reach for you
as for us we are improving as the season goes on and only need to improve in front of goal to creep into the top half good luck to leeds for the rest of the season hope you make the play offsat least
Thanks for your post 'Stevewall', I couldnt get there today but it seems that your teams physical dominance finally won the day. It was a great effort for our 10 men to get so close to a win from 2-0 down and one man down, but also full credit to your guys for also coming back and nicking all the points.........can't see us making the play offs, maybe next season !
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

stevewall wrote:what a game I think the shot count for the game was over 40 , though you were down to 10 men I thought we were going to lose and millwall kept going well it really should be our 3rd or 4th away win not our first , but we had a resigned look to our play for about 15 mins after you took the lead both sides had other chances and we've been poor in front of goal all season , If I was a leeds fan I wouldn't be too despondent I thought you looked as good as anyone I've seen bar wolves and you have a real chance still of making the play off's and 2nd place isn't out of reach for you
Millwall battered us in the first-half, best team won

Thanks for your best wishes, we'll need some luck to get out of another rut let alone make a bold bid for the play-offs, we are simply not good enough :(
stevewall
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by stevewall »

I do genuinely think you have a chance for half hour and down to 10 men there was fight passion and skill and as I said only wolves and possibly sheff utd look a little above the rest good luck anyway
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Weidwald-8. . Kept us in it with some good saves, dexent distribution, today he can be pleased with his own performance.
Berardi-6. . Lost his man for the 1st but looked better 2nf half.
Cooper-1. .horror show, got lucky after falling over and then with disallowed goal, harsh sending off but he was poor.
Jansson-6. .poor 1st half really struggled with the Millwall forward line, improved 2nd.
De Bock-7. .best of our back 4 imo, got forward when he could, made some decent defensive contributions.
Vieira-5. . Struggled and clearly wasnt fit, outmuscled for the 2nd.
Phillips-5. .Made little impact and got a booking for his stupidity and consequently a suspended.
Alioski-6.5. .poor decision making but worked so hard, crucial in the 2nd goal.
Hernandez-7.5 . .tried hard and got a deserved assist.
Roofe- 8. .quiet 1st half, lovely pull back for the assist and great tenacity for his goal.
Lassie-9. .2 finishes of great quality, should have had more but he showed mental toughness.

Shog-3. He was on the pitch apparently.
Dallas-3. . Wasted a breaking opportunity and gave the ball away for the 4th.
Penny-7. Did well, if no cb is signed then deserves a chance.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Well I predicted that scoreline totally wrong in my post this morning :lol: we did get plenty of entertainment though but on the wrong end of the result as far as us Leeds fans are concerned.

After a lively start we could have been two up with Lassoga missing two glorious opportunties.
From then on Millwall battered & bullied us all over the park. We totally inept, clueless & unable to cope with the movement, crosses & general play of Morison & Co scoring their 2nd goal with only one CB in the middle, what was TC thinking of ?
0-2 down & with ten men we came out in the second-half with much more purpose. Three goals in 16 unbelievable minutes provided us with a lead only the Leeds fans could dream of at half-time.
Lassoga's 3rd goals was an absolute peach of a strike which sent the kop into raptures with fans swaying & jumping everywhere :-D We needed to go on in search for a 4th goal to finish off a Wall defence that was wobbling, as is generally the case with TC's team we choose the wrong option & tried in vain to sit on our lead, in the end our tired legs caved in & yet again our fans trudged out of ER dejected & disappointed.

6 - Wiedwald
3 - Berardi
6 - Jansson
0 - Cooper
6 - De Bock
2 - Vieira
5 - Phillips
5 - Alioski
6 - Hernandez
6 - Roofe
8 - Lassoga MOTM
Subs
7 - Pennington
5 - Dallas
n/a - Shaughnessy
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

stevewall wrote:I do genuinely think you have a chance for half hour and down to 10 men there was fight passion and skill and as I said only wolves and possibly sheff utd look a little above the rest good luck anyway

We're in trouble in my opinion, nothing so bad as relegation but our form over the last 21 games is bottom 8-10 not pushing for the playoffs. No chance of second at all and we've looked second best to most teams we've played this season. Didn't help we lost Cooper unfairly today, should be overturned on appeal but that don't get us points .

TC is not a good manager yet, or put it another way the learning curve has been way to steep for someone who's come from the Cypriot Division 1. He may learn given time but it's probably 40/60 right now he's our manager next season

Well played and again fully deserved despite letting off the hook for about 20 minutes. Great game for the neutral but I'm not a neutral and bought up on Revie's just win mentality so really bad day for me
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote:Weidwald-8. . Kept us in it with some good saves, dexent distribution, today he can be pleased with his own performance.
Cooper-1. .horror show, got lucky after falling over and then with disallowed goal, harsh sending off but he was poor.
Jansson-6. .poor 1st half really struggled with the Millwall forward line, improved 2nd.
De Bock-7. .best of our back 4 imo, got forward when he could, made some decent defensive contributions.
Phillips-5. .Made little impact and got a booking for his stupidity and consequently a suspended.
Roofe- 8. .quiet 1st half, lovely pull back for the assist and great tenacity for his goal.
Lassie-9. .2 finishes of great quality, should have had more but he showed mental toughness.

Nobody out muscles a fit Vierra
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote:Weidwald-8. . Kept us in it with some good saves, dexent distribution, today he can be pleased with his own performance.

Roofe was everywhere, some key defensive work, carrying the ball out of defence, creating space, pulling defenders out of position, chasing down lost causes, Good assist for our first and at times looked like a better Hernandez in the number 10 role when he slid in there. Couple of errant passes (but less than most to be fair) and they were trying something clever but just a little underhit. My MOTM
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Berardi-6. . Lost his man for the 1st but looked better 2nd half.
One of Gaetano's worst performances in the white shirt of Leeds

Got caught napping on the back post at least four times including their first two goals, gave the ball away cheaply in dangerous areas. Not the Berardi I know, poor today !

Jansson nowhere near his best :(

Our defending was woeful more so when we had eleven men on the pitch
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote:Nobody out muscles a fit Vierra
Nope, he would have left old man Steve on his backside if fit.
TC takes the blame for this, threw Vieira to the Wolves, should have just given klich a chance, just 1 game.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:One of Gaetano's worst pefromances in the white shirt of Leeds

Got caught napping on the back post at least four times including their first two goals, gave the ball away cheaply in dangerous areas. Not the Berardi I know, poor today !

It wasnt good, Cooper was awful but Jansson and Berardi didnt exactly shine.

In an alternative universe we have another 6ft5 Swedish cb starting with Pontus and Coopers on the bench :cry:
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote:One of Gaetano's worst pefromances in the white shirt of Leeds

Where was he playing because I can't figure it out...three times he popped up on the left side of the box IIRC. It's probably a result of spending too much time at LB over the last season and a half that he's struggling to remember he's a right back now ...or is it centre back ?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Where was he playing because I can't figure it out...three times he popped up on the left side of the box IIRC. It's probably a result of spending too much time at LB over the last season and a half that he's struggling to remember he's a right back now ...or is it centre back ?
Played RB, was on the back post ball-watching for two of their goals.

You're right he was down the left at the same time as De Bock during periods of the game, obviously out of position. I think he switched to CB for the last ten minutes as Pennington made a couple of forays down the right flank as we searched for a 4th goal
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

TC interview on Channel 5....his words "We have to get punished before we react, so we need to react before we get punished and then we will have better results" :duno: