Observations

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Observations

Post by Cjay »

We have shown quality.

Came back with 10 men, were the better side with 10men vs Ipswich.

Deserved to beat Ipswich, Villa, etc.

But.
TC has a stubborn streak, he persists with Shog, he persisted with O'Kane, he persisted with Ayling.He played a clearly unfit Vieira today (although most of us would have).
TC made bizarre changes although our weak squad doesnt help. Anita would have been a better bet then Shog. Klich should have played, for his height for 1.

We have a squad lacking discipline, harsh or not Cooper was master of his own downfall because of poor control.
O'Kane
Saiz
Phillips now suspended for the most pathetic of reasons.

Outside of a few we lack quality, Dallas came on, lost the ball and we conceded a 4th. Shog came on, we conceded 2 goals.

We have a mid table squad and that is where we are now.

Up until the Hull game (next week) i thought if we could have a positive set of results till then we were in a good position. Unfortunately through our own poor finishing, stupidity, lack of quality in key areas etc. We now find ourselves outside of the playoffs coming into a run of fixtures that are far tougher then the ones we have let ourselves down with.

For all the good work we have done over these games, its points that matter and now we find ourselves going into a really tough set of games with no room for error :(
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Observations

Post by The Subhuman »

It's what we learn this season that will be out launch pad for next. Despite claims to the contrary this team and squad is not set up to succeed this season
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

faaip wrote:

It's what we learn this season that will be out launch pad for next. Despite claims to the contrary this team and squad is not set up to succeed this season
I think I have to agree with this.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

The problem is it applies to TC more than anyone else - i still want him in charge but I do wish he would mend his own Achilles heel.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

faaip wrote:It's what we learn this season that will be out launch pad for next. Despite claims to the contrary this team and squad is not set up to succeed this season
And won't succeed next season without some seriously quality additions.....don't be deluded ! I hope I am proved very wrong.