Alexis Sanchez

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Alexis Sanchez

Post by 1964white »

How good a signing is Sanchez for Mourinho's lot ?

Cantona proportion possibly ??
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Alexis Sanchez

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:How good a signing is Sanchez for Mourinho's lot ?

Cantona proportion possibly ??
Don't get me started on silly wilko 'giving' scum Eric. :rant:
I think Sanchez will have an impact, but for me....nothing near Cantonagate! (I hope) :x
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Sanchez is a great player, but he was a cancer on the team in North London.

It's no coincidence that Arsenal came out and played one of their best games the moment he was gone.

Hopefully, Sanchez can do for Scum what he did for the Gunners.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Did I hear right this morning on the radio £600k per week..... :shock:
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

He’s absolute world class so will enhance any team, however initially I was thinking he’d just gone for the money, typical foreign mercenary but other morning on Talk Sport they were talking about the fact he loves to play every minute of every game if he went to City that’s not guaranteed (ask Augero) but at Scumchester he pretty much is, plus at Scumchester he’ll be a superstar amongst them but at City he’s a superstar along side a few other superstars.

So IMO he’s gone for the money but for footballing reasons
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Mercenary wee pr**k, who went to the Scum for money, nothing more. Very good player, who will have an impact in the short term, but he's a luxury player who won't work hard enough for the moaner
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

He is an excellent footballer and will be an asset to Man Utd,

But his influence will not be Cantonaesque. Cantona was probably the best player in the league at the time, and he gave them that extra piece to their team jigsaw which saw them dominate. Now there is more competition and a league filled with footballers who are better than Cantona was, If Cantona were to hypothetically join Man Utd now, at the same level of performance as he was back in the 90s, his influence would not be as big.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

lufc1304 wrote:Mercenary wee pr**k, who went to the Scum for money, nothing more. Very good player, who will have an impact in the short term, but he's a luxury player who won't work hard enough for the moaner
:tup:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote:Mercenary wee pr**k, who went to the Scum for money, nothing more. Very good player, who will have an impact in the short term, but he's a luxury player who won't work hard enough for the moaner
Good signing for Scum then Nick :roflmao: :lol:
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Did I hear right this morning on the radio £600k per week..... :shock:
That`s the real `disturbing` point. Did the scum pay a transfer fee? If not, it would be at least `understandable` how they can afford such money...well not really.

But being honest: the PL seems less attractive year for year. Without billionaire owners we will be battling it out
with teams like Bournemouth, Stoke, Palace, Huddersfield...for not getting relegated or a midtable finish at best.

And the whole system doesn`t look as if it would implode soon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Great player but wont have the influence of Cantona.

He walked around like he owned the place, his attitude rubbed off on the young lads there and they learned from him.

Sanchez isnt like that and is more likely to sulk
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

John in Louisiana wrote:Sanchez is a great player, but he was a cancer on the team in North London.

It's no coincidence that Arsenal came out and played one of their best games the moment he was gone.

Hopefully, Sanchez can do for Scum what he did for the Gunners.
The trouble is you can't read too much into the Palace game - Arsenal do that now and again with or without Sanchez . I do think at 29 , its not maybe such a great signing as Man Utd think - will he fit into the Mourinho way ? will he suit Man Utd , who already have plenty of options up front . I can understand Man City not getting him as they have plenty anyway , so he'd probably be a similar purchase to Apsrilla at Newcastle many years ago - rocking the boat and upsetting the balance . Arsenal have lost a few players now - with Walcott going , I reckon Wilshire will go to get regular first team football - Arsenal right now are finely balanced , could go one way or the other - obscurity for many years or return to wining ways . A lot of out of contract players , a board/manager that doesn't want to spend to replace them - I wouldn't see Arsenal as particularly attractive club compared to a lot right now if your looking to achieve something - they just don't seem that ambitious.