Leeds U23's Highlights/Grot's goal last night

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Leeds U23's Highlights/Grot's goal last night

Post by 1964white »

1964white

Re: Leeds U23's Highlights/Grot's goal last night

Post by 1964white »

At last Grot is playing in a 90 minute game for the U23's, should have happened months ago when he first signed for Leeds
1964white

Post by 1964white »

From a fan at the game

Grot's goal was well taken & he was a busy boy. I could see why we bought him (even though he missed a penalty). Did a lot of work on the wing. Didn't get a lot of opportunity, tbh. The better chances came to Sarkic. He actually looks to me like someone who should be in the 1st team squad, but I do acknowledge that it's the only time I've watched him play. Some goodies & oddities to report:

* I was hugely disappointed by Bailey Double-barrel's distribution. It wasn't bad - it was shocking. If he doesn't learn quick, he's out. This is not what TC's looking for. It's not all about stopping goals with TC, it's having a 'keeper that whips the team into action with his distribution to keep the tempo up.

* We played with 3 at the back. Romario Vieira played in the middle of the 3! He was really good at it too!

* We seemed to play a 3-4-1-2 formation. Most odd. Grot & Sarkic up front, with Machuca playing behind them.

* Jack Clarke came on for Machuca with 30 mins to go & was disappointing, given the write-up he's got. Could be a lot of reasons for that, but he somehow seemed a bit detached & disinterested.

* For the last 5 minutes, Oduor came on for Sarkic - up front! I thought he was a midfielder. Don't understand why Clarke wasn't moved up to the front.

* Still getting all instructions shouted from the dugout in Spanish. Really irritates me.

* Really warming to Shackleton in midfield. He's consistently energetic & involved no matter where the ball is. A real prospect.

* Balboa was on the bench. Last match I went to, he impressed me as a striker. Bloody strong. Sat on bench for 90. Mallik didny even make the bench.

* Denton did ok, but I still have reservations about him being 1st team material. Ever. Hope I'm wrong.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Happy for him, won the pen, nice turn and shot and well taken goal.

Oriol Rey been getting good reviews? Any word on him.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Happy for him, won the pen, nice turn and shot and well taken goal.

Oriol Rey been getting good reviews? Any word on him.
One of my mates on our coach mentioned he looks a talented lad
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote:From a fan at the game

Grot's goal was well taken & he was a busy boy. I could see why we bought him (even though he missed a penalty).
Crikey your mate needs glasses unless we had 2 penalties as it was definitely not Grot taking the penalty in the video.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:Crikey your mate needs glasses unless we had 2 penalties as it was definitely not Grot taking the penalty in the video.
That info wasn't a friend of mine....it was a fan from another forum who attended the game

But yes you are correct he does need to make an appointment with a Specsavers :-D
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Just goes to show how when you go to the games you can often get things wrong whereas us armchair fans see everything and are correct all the time. I don't know how people who deliberately go to watch the matches at the stadium can call themselves proper fans :twisted:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:Just goes to show how when you go to the games you can often get things wrong whereas us armchair fans see everything and are correct all the time. I don't know how people who deliberately go to watch the matches at the stadium can call themselves proper fans :twisted:
:rol: :flog: :rol: