News 23/1/18 - NHS/UKIP leader/Neil Diamond/Tinky Winky/ Masekala

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

News 23/1/18 - NHS/UKIP leader/Neil Diamond/Tinky Winky/ Masekala

Post by 1964white »

A&E facing unprecedented winter pressures

Watch this video link as shown on BBC News last night.....soul destroying !
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/health-427 ... ng-to-cope

University Hospital of North Tees has some of the best waiting times in England but exclusive access to the hospital shows staff facing a flu outbreak and winter pressures.
Patients can wait in corridors before getting a bed, while ambulances build up outside. Staff say the NHS is in the worst state they've seen yet.

UKIP leader refuses to stand down
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... IAd_YcLZT1

Tinky Winky actor dies aged 52
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42788001
Screenshot 2018-01-23 at 11.52.16.png
Screenshot 2018-01-23 at 11.52.16.png (390.2 KiB) Viewed 1959 times
Neil Diamond retires from touring due to Parkinson's diagnosis
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42784305

Jazz trumpeter Hugh Masekela dies
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42786749
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: News Today - NHS/UKIP leader/Neil Diamond/Tinky Winky/ Masekala

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:A&E facing unprecedented winter pressures

Watch this video link as shown on BBC News last night.....soul destroying !
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/health-427 ... ng-to-cope

University Hospital of North Tees has some of the best waiting times in England but exclusive access to the hospital shows staff facing a flu outbreak and winter pressures.
Patients can wait in corridors before getting a bed, while ambulances build up outside. Staff say the NHS is in the worst state they've seen yet.

Been that way for ages and people are losing lives because of it.
UKIP leader refuses to stand down
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... IAd_YcLZT1
Is he the daft old man sleeping with an air head racist model?
Tinky Winky actor dies aged 52
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42788001
Screenshot 2018-01-23 at 11.52.16.png
Thats no age
Neil Diamond retires from touring due to Parkinson's diagnosis
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42784305
Never a fan, dad loves him and seen him tons of times, its a shame, hope it can be managed
Jazz trumpeter Hugh Masekela dies
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42786749
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

1. Whilst there is undoubtedly mismanagement within the NHS, this is a crisis engineered by the tories to legitimise their selling off of large swathes of the NHS to private concerns like that profiteer Branson. Underfund it, claim it's failing, then invite private capital to 'rescue' it. You can agree or disagree, but as I see it, under this govt you can be well only if you can afford it. People dying on trolleys in hospital corridors is something that should shame us all.

2. UKIP got what they wanted with Brexit, and are now an irrelevance. Go away

3. 52 is no age

4. Shame, always quite liked him

5. Don't think I've ever heard of him
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote:1. Whilst there is undoubtedly mismanagement within the NHS, this is a crisis engineered by the tories to legitimise their selling off of large swathes of the NHS to private concerns like that profiteer Branson. Underfund it, claim it's failing, then invite private capital to 'rescue' it. You can agree or disagree, but as I see it, under this govt you can be well only if you can afford it. People dying on trolleys in hospital corridors is something that should shame us all.
Absolutely shocking Nick

You can feel the despair of dedicated people who are so disillusioned in that video link

Apparently one in every ten nurses have left their chosen profession over the last year

My dear mum who was a midwife/sister for much of her working life will be turning in her grave !
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

1964white wrote:Absolutely shocking Nick

You can feel the despair of dedicated people who are so disillusioned in that video link

Apparently one in every ten nurses have left their chosen profession over the last year

My dear mum who was a midwife/sister for much of her working life will be turning in her grave !
The NHS, staffed by incredible people, saved our Ruby's life twice, a debt we can never repay. To see what is being done to it, deliberately, makes my blood boil, Leon. My mum worked as a community nurse for many years, she gets visibly upset when she sees things like that video. A national disgrace
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote:The NHS, staffed by incredible people, saved our Ruby's life twice, a debt we can never repay. To see what is being done to it, deliberately, makes my blood boil, Leon. My mum worked as a community nurse for many years, she gets visibly upset when she sees things like that video. A national disgrace
As you said in your earlier post we can't afford to be seriously poorly unless you are rich.
Both Jill & I have had excellent treatment here in East Yorks over the last seventeen years so we've been quite lucky.

Crazy thing is 1000's of houses are being built in the market towns/villages around here but they are intent on shutting down the cottage hospital in Driffield & the large Bridlington hospital is totally under used as major wards are being closed. Surely it makes sense if our local area becomes more populated we need more resources to cope with the demand !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote:5. Don't think I've ever heard of him
Masekela's album 'Home Is Where The Music Is' is probably his best work with some lovely piano from Larry Willis & Masekela on trumpet/cornet

RIP Hugh
1964white

Post by 1964white »

[quote="Cjay"][/quote]

Yes he's the one
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

lufc1304 wrote:1. Whilst there is undoubtedly mismanagement within the NHS, this is a crisis engineered by the tories to legitimise their selling off of large swathes of the NHS to private concerns like that profiteer Branson. Underfund it, claim it's failing, then invite private capital to 'rescue' it. You can agree or disagree, but as I see it, under this govt you can be well only if you can afford it. People dying on trolleys in hospital corridors is something that should shame us all.

2. UKIP got what they wanted with Brexit, and are now an irrelevance. Go away

3. 52 is no age

4. Shame, always quite liked him

5. Don't think I've ever heard of him
You stole my post, you dog 8-)
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:
Yes he's the one
Needs to get over his midlife crisis
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Needs to get over his midlife crisis
We all know many politicians are liars & cheats but this so called leader is so open about it

He's already lied about is seedy affair since it was first revealed, he obviously has no scruples about hurting people who are closely attached to him, a power-crazed untrustworthy individual I suspect
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:We all know many politicians are liars & cheats but this so called leader is so open about it

He's already lied about is seedy affair since it was first revealed, he obviously has no scruples about hurting people who are closely attached to him, a power-crazed untrustworthy individual I suspect
Yes, although im sure many politicians have little dollybirds tucked away somewhere, just he is so brazen.

And stubborn, horrible individual.
Signed

King Cjay

fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

What are your thoughts in regard to Tommy Robinson? (Besides him being a Luton fan.)

Point being, I don`t live in lovely England anymore.
How do you perceive a possible problem with extreme mulims and the demographic developement?

Maybe not the place for politics...no problem if so.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

fred wrote:What are your thoughts in regard to Tommy Robinson? (Besides him being a Luton fan.)

Point being, I don`t live in lovely England anymore.
How do you perceive a possible problem with extreme mulims and the demographic developement?

Maybe not the place for politics...no problem if so.
These far right groups are just escalating the worlds terrorists problems !
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

1964white wrote:These far right groups are just escalating the worlds terrorists problems !
Far right? You`re sure you know what his views actually are?
By the way Islam has much in common with the ideology of nazism (being far right). Both reject the rights
of individal rights of free thinking, free speach etc. to a degree you will hardly find in any other ideology.
(Except marxism and the catholic church of course.) Far right, far left...the total wrong categories to understand
the problem. It`s democracy vs fascism.

But whatever...not the right place for big political debates I guess. No problem with that. :shhh: ...me

short, but actual link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7yAkLLmStw