New Club Badge

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: New Club Badge

Post by HarryofOz »

BobHirst wrote:Cheers Rab.

winston.jpg
Maybe that pic can replace the Union Jack as the UK flag.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

rab_rant wrote: 3) If the V sign was flipped around the other way it was the gesture the english archers made towards the French
at Agincourt for those were the two fingers used to draw back their longbows
That is an urban myth

Oh and King Canute knew he couldn't turn the tide back. He used that as a demonstration to those who thought he was all-powerful to show that he wasn't.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

HarryofOz wrote:Maybe that pic can replace the Union Jack as the UK flag.
Or maybe we can incorporate the hand part of the picture in our new club badge. :)
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

BobHirst wrote:Cheers Rab.

winston.jpg
I think you have to look at this in context. It is obvious to me that the club have
started a campaign to win the hearts and minds of the fans. Perhaps it started
with the buying back of ER at the beginning of the season, but recently we have seen
placards in the stands spelling out together, and we have seen the club ask fans
to bring scarfs to wave and display at matches. The Crest I believe was a further
and logical progression... taking a familiar gesture that the fans make and turning
it into a crest. I somehow feel that the objections are aimed towards the artwork itself
and not towards the sentiment that it is trying to express, namely that the club
salutes the loyal fans. MOT. Live long and prosper :-)
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

HarryofOz wrote:Oh and King Canute knew he couldn't turn the tide back. He used that as a demonstration to those who thought he was all-powerful to show that he wasn't.
Ave Harry
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

rab_rant wrote:Ave Harry
:) :)
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Cjay wrote:Welcome to MOT :)

Do you agree that Gianni Alioski is the greatest player we have ? :)
:lol: deciding whether to use the block function early eh.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

So much publicity

Not only has this story made traditional news and sport's sites, but even the satire sites are having a a go :)

Check your watch :-D
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

So how has the crest changed.
Some of the early ones from a graphic design point of view were very poor yet apparently accepted.
Follow the link.

The Leeds Crest
barryanorak
Manager
Manager

Post by barryanorak »

Seeing as it is supposed to be a rebrand for 2019, our centenary, what's wrong with a variation on this...

Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

rab_rant wrote: I truly believe that the management had the best intentions in the world and the new crest
was a salute to the fans thanking them for their loyalty, but for whatever reason their gesture
of friendship has been rejected, and a moment that was supposed to unify the club has turned to
one of discord, disharmony and division.

Shame on you all.
The intentions were definitely good and it was a good idea but it is the design that is poor. A generic shirt on the badge and really, despite it being our salute, you could simply put any team-name at the top of it as. What would make it look better would be for the shirt itself to have a Leeds badge on it this is why it works better on a t-shirt or tattoo but not as the main badge.

However the badge has achieved it's intention as it has certainly unified the fan base in their opinion of it. The design is actually growing on me but like I say it just needs more personalisation on it than just the salute.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

weasel wrote:The intentions were definitely good and it was a good idea but it is the design that is poor. A generic shirt on the badge and really, despite it being our salute, you could simply put any team-name at the top of it as. What would make it look better would be for the shirt itself to have a Leeds badge on it this is why it works better on a t-shirt or tattoo but not as the main badge.

However the badge has achieved it's intention as it has certainly unified the fan base in their opinion of it. The design is actually growing on me but like I say it just needs more personalisation on it than just the salute.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

There is a complete and utter meltdown on social media over the new Crest
A club in Egypt has said 10 minutes research and 2 people consulted.
In Finland we have a saying "Drawing blood out of your own nose"
It is more like poking a hornets nest with a stick.
Might seem fun at the time but it could quickly turn nasty.
To the rest of the world we must seem to be in complete disarray,
with no cohesion between club players and fans. We have made a stick for
our own backs with this stupid petition.
Oh Well ROCK ON
Hearts & Leeds
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Hearts & Leeds »

whiteswan wrote:I have a soft spot for the jam tarts.....

Hey whiteswan.

Yes. Hearts fan. Leeds is my English team. Always liked Leeds, then even more when we signed Ian Baird. Snodin too. Even had my stag do in Leeds.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Hearts & Leeds wrote:Hey whiteswan.

Yes. Hearts fan. Leeds is my English team. Always liked Leeds, then even more when we signed Ian Baird. Snodin too. Even had my stag do in Leeds.
Never attended the Tynecastle Park stadium, I assume the capacity is around 20.000, unsure what your average attendances are ?

Saw Leeds win at your rivals ground Easter Road around 2004 time
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

There is a website where you can rank all of the clubs crests.
And at the moment the Smilie does not come top

Go here to rank
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

barryanorak wrote:Seeing as it is supposed to be a rebrand for 2019, our centenary, what's wrong with a variation on this...

Always liked the City of Leeds crest, said so in an earlier post :) I have this badge on a retro Leeds United shirt.....like you say barry, would make a great shirt badge in our centenary year
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

NorfolkWhite wrote::lol: deciding whether to use the block function early eh.
Its a make or break question :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Hearts & Leeds
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Hearts & Leeds »

1964white wrote:Never attended the Tynecastle Park stadium, I assume the capacity is around 20.000, unsure what your average attendances are ?

Saw Leeds win at your rivals ground Easter Road around 2004 time

New stand built and official capacity is 20,099.

We're land locked in Gorgie for going bigger between breweries, tenements, pubs and a school.

Probably does us though while Scottish football is so shite.

Attendances are generally full houses but with segregation and the new stand issues. That's about a full house of 18,500 just now til next season.

Easter Road similar, about 20,400. Although relies on a bigger away end for full houses.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Been to Tynecastle a couple of times in the early seventies, don't recall much tbh but saw an Edinburgh derby there once. We were across the water so had season tickets at Stark park while up there 73-74 season IIRC.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"