New Club Badge

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Re: New Club Badge

Post by hector »

Well... the new badge has made news thump website....

http://newsthump.com/2018/01/24/new-lee ... -422849221

New Leeds United badge shows fan checking watch to see if he can go home yet

Leeds United new club badge

The new club badge unveiled by Leeds United today has been designed to reflect the reality of supporting the team as it approaches its 100th year.

The new crest shows a fan looking at his watch during a Leeds game and wondering if he can go home yet, as the designers seek to capture the essence of what it means to support Leeds United in 2019.

A club spokesperson explained, “There have been times, in the not too distant past, when Leeds fans were constantly excited at the prospect of fighting towards the top of the premier league; when they were regularly enjoying noisy European nights at Elland Road – but those days have gone.

“Today’s Leeds fan experience is more about scrapping for a point at home against Preston North End and wondering if leaving now means you might miss the traffic and be home in time for Take Me Out.

“It’s important we move with the times, and we feel the new badge really embodies the values of boredom, ambivalence and a general sense of wanting to be somewhere else doing literally anything else.”

Many fans have expressed their anger at the new club crest, with season ticket holder Simon Williams telling us, “I haven’t been this embarrassed to be a Leeds fan since we got dicked 3-0 away at Sheffield Wednesday.

“The club is claiming that they consulted 10,000 people on their way to agreeing to this new redesign, but having seen the atrocity they’ve eventually come up with, I can only conclude they were all Manchester United fans.”
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Petition nearing 40,000 :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:Petition nearing 40,000 :bear:
Where is the petition young lady ?
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Cjay wrote:Can wear clown suits for all i care if we sign some decent players this window :(
Just not red clown suits ;-)
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote:Where is the petition young lady ?
Was on the first page of this thread :bear:

https://www.change.org/p/andrea-radrizz ... lute-crest
Last edited by becchio bear on Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:https://www.change.org/p/andrea-radrizz ... lute-crest

Was on the first page of this thread :bear:
Thank you

Done !
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Loads of people on Twitter come up with better designs in half a day max be interesting to see how much they got charged for that disaster of a rebrand.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

I think it is deplorable the knee jerk reaction to the new crest.
Everyone who has signed the petition should examine their conscience
and if they feel so strongly about the use of the Leeds salute then
they should never ever do it again in public.

There should be no more proudly beating the breast and saying LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS.
The KOP should be silent.

Just have a look at this video which I think is excellent and all the legends and kids
are smiling and doing the Leeds salute. The video is a joyous celebration of Leeds United
and its identity, It encapsulates heritage and tradition.

But is is being made a mockery. Usually the sneering comes from the opposition
But the sad fact is that it starts at home... as with the chant "Leeds are falling apart again"
I can see that the intent was to use a gesture used by the fans that expressed their loyalty and devotion
to the the club, and for the club to give it back to the fans as a sign of appreciation, but instead
only vitriol and scorn has been heaped on the effort to create a stronger bond between the
club and the fans.

Pisspots

LUFC_BOS
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LUFC_BOS »

"" speechless
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

rab_rant wrote:I think it is deplorable the knee jerk reaction to the new crest.
Everyone who has signed the petition should examine their conscience
and if they feel so strongly about the use of the Leeds salute then
they should never ever do it again in public.

There should be no more proudly beating the breast and saying LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS.
The KOP should be silent.

Just have a look at this video which I think is excellent and all the legends and kids
are smiling and doing the Leeds salute. The video is a joyous celebration of Leeds United
and its identity, It encapsulates heritage and tradition.

But is is being made a mockery. Usually the sneering comes from the opposition
But the sad fact is that it starts at home... as with the chant "Leeds are falling apart again"
I can see that the intent was to use a gesture used by the fans that expressed their loyalty and devotion
to the the club, and for the club to give it back to the fans as a sign of appreciation, but instead
only vitriol and scorn has been heaped on the effort to create a stronger bond between the
club and the fans.

Pisspots

Rab...are you taking the piss ? Or are you on it ?

Beat the breast on a badge that makes you proud....not this comic character ffs.

It's horrible.
Last edited by Ronan on Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

rab_rant wrote:I like it... so there.
1) it has the Leeds colours (White blue and yellow)
2) It uses the Leeds salute which fans have been doing in the stands for yonks. What's not to like
3) It encapsulated both pride and tradition (something money can't buy)
4) It is a gesture that no other club has and players from the Bremner years have onwards
have pumped their hearts with their fists.
Who would prefer the acid house yellow smiley face?
Who remembers the wars of the roses and the white rose of Yorkshire?
And what is all this about peacocks?

It takes a gesture that the fans have used for ages. It has not been manufactured by
some marketing strategist. It has not been conceived by a Chinese mogul, or executives
from Red Bull. It is something the fans have given to the club, and as a mark of respect
and appreciation the club has given back to the fans. To scorn it is to spit on your own
heritage.
Agreed!

The new badge would make a great tattoo, too.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
LUFC_BOS
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LUFC_BOS »

"" speechless
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

Phil Hay is reporting that there will be a rethink based on the feedback today . Doesn’t sound like it’s going ahead in its current guise .
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Regardless of the outcome i havent laughed so much since someone called Liam Cooper a top class defender.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

It's actually growing on me !!

I'd like to see the alternatives before passing judgement.

But it's only a badge ffs..
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Would be something different...it`s soo sloppy that it almost has style.
And for those wishing something else: it could be worse.
Newport white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Newport white »

Rather concentrate on strengthening the team and mull over a new badge in the summer, seems like a smokescreen to avert from lack of activity in the transfer window
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Newport white wrote:Rather concentrate on strengthening the team and mull over a new badge in the summer, seems like a smokescreen to avert from lack of activity in the transfer window
Knowing how of all our owners minds work, why wouldn't I be surprised if it was a smokescreen :(
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

I thought things were bad when Juventus changed their badge to that dopey "J"...but we have trumped them !!
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

As lufc1304 said earlier, it really would work well on a T.shirt and I would probably buy one and wear it proudly, but as a Club badge and to be worn on the players shirts it just doesn't work for me. We need something a little more classy, and by heck, we've had some cracking badges in the past. I've just watched 'Look North' and the powers that be are going to re address the situation tomorrow. I can understand where they are coming from, wanting to salute the fans in the 'new' crest, and I'm sure that no-one wanted to upset anyone, they just didn't give it enough thought. I remember when the Yorkshire Rose badge came out, the club had asked people ( not sure if it was school kids) to design a new badge. The club chose the top 6 (I think) and then Eddie Gray who was then manager had the final say.