New Club Badge

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rab_rant

Re: New Club Badge

Post by rab_rant »

WE have opened ourselves up to a whole new world of pain.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

I just wonder...was this done deliberately?....produce a God awful badge...get the fans to protest....then seemingly listen to the fans....have the badge changed.....and the board come out all sweetness and light .

Call me a cynic.....
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

barryanorak wrote:Seeing as it is supposed to be a rebrand for 2019, our centenary, what's wrong with a variation on this...

Well I dug around to see if I could find something about that crest and I found
Three owls taken from the coat of arms of Sir John Savile who was the first Alderman of Leeds.

Good luck with that one :lol:
johnny wadd
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @jnicholson53

Post by johnny wadd »

it looks like a communist propaganda poster

comrades united !
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

What about some variation on this?
city-crest-yellow-on-blue-1.jpg
city-crest-yellow-on-blue-1.jpg (81.44 KiB) Viewed 4239 times
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Or slightly different
city-crest-yellow-on-blue-3.jpg
city-crest-yellow-on-blue-3.jpg (81.1 KiB) Viewed 4235 times
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Or even
city-crest-yellow-on-blue-4.jpg
city-crest-yellow-on-blue-4.jpg (85.33 KiB) Viewed 4225 times
gotagetz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by gotagetz »

They should have consulted the fans first put so ideas put. 6 months to do this ? Wow should have given the felt tips to a 6 year old and see what they could have come up with. Retro badge IMO would have been better to go with a retro shirt - maybe even for a year only.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Club just announced that we will use the current badge for the remainder of this season and next with a new crest being introduced for the 2019 / 20 season. Apparently to give them time to fully analyse the volume of suggestions for a new design which were submitted and to coincide with the centenary season.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:16 pm Club just announced that we will use the current badge for the remainder of this season and next with a new crest being introduced for the 2019 / 20 season. Apparently to give them time to fully analyse the volume of suggestions for a new design which were submitted and to coincide with the centenary season.
Of course they would as it was intended to deflect the attention of the lack of quality signings in the Transfer Window
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:16 pm Club just announced that we will use the current badge for the remainder of this season and next with a new crest being introduced for the 2019 / 20 season. Apparently to give them time to fully analyse the volume of suggestions for a new design which were submitted and to coincide with the centenary season.
Typical senior management spin...we have taken your thoughts on board...your are the life blood of the club...we respect you....blah blah blah....ffs :evil:

GET A DECENT TEAM PLAYING DECENT FOOTBALL AND GET US BACK INTO THE TOP TIER AGAIN !!!!

CUT THE CRAP !!

It ain't too much to ask ???
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
MissSurreyWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MissSurreyWhite »

10,000 were NOT asked about it.

AR sent out a tweet back in September canvasing some background info.on what Leeds United meant to them, thats all. The only people to have seen the badge was the evening before at a Supporters Advisory Board meeting (which I was trying to get to hijack to get into) when they were effectively told it's what the club were about to launch. I knew it would be catastrophic (I was on the phone to Talk Sport waiting to get through to him) It flies in the face of all club rebrands, I had written him a 60 page 'how to and how not to guide'. Needless to say it was all in there.

A footnote to this story is - I think the club also has a problem waiting to appear if they do a redesign.... watch this space.