Hull vs Leeds Team/Report/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Hull vs Leeds Team/Report/Ratings

Post by Oscar »

I do really like 4-2-3-1 and still think it's our best system but with Saiz and Ekuban out it's just not going to work for us consistently/at all until they are both back.

Neither Lasogga or Roofe can play the lone striker role imo so you have got to play them up front together for the time being.

KP is also suspended for the next 2 games.

3-4-1-2

Wiedwald

Pennington
Jansson
Berardi

Dallas
Vieira
Forshaw
De Bock

Hernandez

Lasogga
Roofe

Subs:
Lonergan/Peacock-Farrell (if Lonergan is sold)
Shaughnessy
Anita
Alioski
Sacko
Cibicki
Grot

Still can't believe we haven't recalled Lewie Coyle tbh

Dallas ahead of Alioski imo I do think Alioski is a good player but he's just so out of form atm, also if we play him right wing back he's naturally going to be cutting in all the time which gives us absolutely zero width on that side this is pointless when he isn't creating or scoring goals which he isn't atm. Dallas has done very well in the games he has played this season as well imo.

This game week is very much make or break for our season, a continuation of the poor results and performances into the next 2 games and the top 6 will be almost impossible for us, got to be looking to take 4 points minimum this week.

I still believe in Christiansen but he has got to step up this week and show that he has learnt from his errors the majority fans are still behind him but he can't keep making the same errors and expect the backing of the fans/board.

How crucial do we think this week is for our season?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Hull vs Leeds Team/Report/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

Oscar wrote:I do really like 4-2-3-1 and still think it's our best system but with Saiz and Ekuban out it's just not going to work for us consistently/at all until they are both back.

Neither Lasogga or Roofe can play the lone striker role imo so you have got to play them up front together for the time being.

KP is also suspended for the next 2 games.

3-4-1-2

Wiedwald

Pennington
Jansson
Berardi

Dallas
Vieira
Forshaw
De Bock

Hernandez

Lasogga
Roofe

Subs:
Lonergan/Peacock-Farrell (if Lonergan is sold)
Shaughnessy
Anita
Alioski
Sacko
Cibicki
Grot
Decent formation/line-up bearing in mind the players available to us. Think TC will start with Alioski though as like Cooper he has his favourites who consistently put in low-key performances & still retain their place in the first XI. Major concern is are Lassoga & Vieira fit to play ?
Oscar wrote: Still can't believe we haven't recalled Lewie Coyle tbh
Nothing surprises me with LUFC anymore, Coyle is as good probably a better player than much of our squad, meanwhile we leave him on the west coast after signing loads of young players who are no use to us this season. Lewie is ready made for our team !
Oscar wrote:This game week is very much make or break for our season, a continuation of the poor results and performances into the next 2 games and the top 6 will be almost impossible for us, got to be looking to take 4 points minimum this week
I've given up on a top six place. We are simply not good enough, too much inconsistency with players making daft errors in practically every game. The lack of ambition from our board deserves nothing more than a mid-table finish :(
Oscar wrote:I still believe in Christiansen but he has got to step up this week and show that he has learnt from his errors the majority fans are still behind him but he can't keep making the same errors and expect the backing of the fans/board

How crucial do we think this week is for our season?
We're nearly in February & he hasn't learned his lessons yet. I don't lay all the blame on Christiansen as like our previous managers I think he is doing the job with his hands tied behind his back. Considering his lack of experience in a major league during his career he hasn't done a bad job at Leeds
gessa

Post by gessa »

De Bock and Dallas are left sided players can't see that working , That system would work better playing Ayling on the right but obviously he can't play. It would have to be Alioski on the right.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new formation or a bit of a tweek to the current formation as TC has had the chance to properly work with the players for several sessions to get them comfortable in a new formation - our cup exit might have actually worked in our favour.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:De Bock and Dallas are left sided players can't see that working , That system would work better playing Ayling on the right but obviously he can't play. It would have to be Alioski on the right.
Dallas has played on the right & in the middle of the park previously although he is basically left-footed

So I'll have the pleasure of watching a Leeds United footballer falling over at will once again :oops:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see a new formation or a bit of a tweek to the current formation as TC has had the chance to properly work with the players for several sessions to get them comfortable in a new formation - our cup exit might have actually worked in our favour.
Need something different after the last four losses in our last five games !
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:Dallas has played on the right & in the middle of the park previously although he is basically left-footed

So I'll have the pleasure of watching a Leeds United footballer falling over at will once again :oops:
I think you lose a lot from a player playing him out of his comfort zone. Playing 3 at the back we would need Alioski's workrate on the right. He gets back and covers very well, playing in front of Ayling he needed to.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think the only way the cup exit, in the manor it happened, works in our favour is if we make the playoffs.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:I think the only way the cup exit, in the manor it happened, works in our favour is if we make the playoffs.
Sorry Faaip....I fear that deja vu feeling :oops:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Down to 10 men against Millwall we reverted to 3 at the back and had good success
until the legs got tired. With 11 men on the pitch I think it might work. It is the way
Bristol play, and if we could pack the midfield then we might have more success than we
do with just Phillips and Vierra.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

rab_rant wrote:Down to 10 men against Millwall we reverted to 3 at the back and had good success
until the legs got tired. With 11 men on the pitch I think it might work. It is the way
Bristol play, and if we could pack the midfield then we might have more success than we
do with just Phillips and Vierra.
Tend to agree here, we looked good with 3 at the back and often when we loose it appears we get overrun in midfield so having the extra body in there could help
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Getting a lift with three Hull City Season-ticket holders tonight

Would be good to get back to winning ways although I reckon it will end up a draw
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:Getting a lift with three Hull City Season-ticket holders tonight

Would be good to get back to winning ways although I reckon it will end up a draw
I hope they have a very disappointing journey home 64 :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:I hope they have a very disappointing journey home 64 :)
As long as they don't drive off without me Swan :roflmao:
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

1964white wrote:Getting a lift with three Hull City Season-ticket holders tonight

I'd be happy with a draw :tup:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Spot the team.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

ffs Pennington injured in warm-up.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

shaunassy in at centre back ?
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

We’re going to win this one and win it we’ll. Then we’re going to get Tyler Roberts in
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

We’re going to win this one and win it we’ll. Then we’re going to get Tyler Roberts in
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..