Paul Heckingbottom

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 708
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:42 pm

Re: Paul Heckingbottom

Post by Clive » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:59 pm

weasel wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:37 pm
Heck, I'm changing my opinion too. Heck I miss the excitement of regularly winning matches in league 1 and think PH is the man to get us back there - heck we may even end up winning that football league trophy that eluded us last time.
That's when I knew your mate had to go, when he went full strength in the JPT when we were going for promotion.

SG90
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Paul Heckingbottom

Post by SG90 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:02 pm

What's more embarrassing, winning the jpt or not winning the jpt?

Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 708
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:42 pm

Re: Paul Heckingbottom

Post by Clive » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:42 pm

SG90 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:02 pm
What's more embarrassing, winning the jpt or not winning the jpt?
Winning it for a club like ours.

I know there was some sort of rule about playing your best team in it, but the fine was so small it didn't matter.

SG90
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Paul Heckingbottom

Post by SG90 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:51 pm

The one advantage we've given Heck is removing relegation from his CV. Despite his abysmal record at both clubs, his mates in the media will still make him out to be something he's not.

Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 708
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:42 pm

Re: Paul Heckingbottom

Post by Clive » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:56 pm

SG90 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:51 pm
The one advantage we've given Heck is removing relegation from his CV. Despite his abysmal record at both clubs, his mates in the media will still make him out to be something he's not.
It's not looking like he'll better his 14th place, though.

SG90
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Paul Heckingbottom

Post by SG90 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:25 pm

Club are looking at Oli McBurnie, won't be getting sacked then like I said. :roll:

User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6531
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Espana

Re: Paul Heckingbottom

Post by weasel » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:11 pm

Just looking at Barnsley results prior to PH coming to Leeds and they lost 4 and drew 1 of his last 5 matches there - who in their right mind would appoint a manager who was performing so badly - same old quotes coming from him after those matches - classic one from their 3-1 loss to Villa where he talks up their brief period of good play in the second half and bemoans the fact they were 2-0 down after 7 minutes. Same sense of deja vu with every match he has been in charge of for us - we will have a few minutes where we play well but for the majority of the match we will be sh*t and if we haven't conceded two or three we might get lucky and score.
Senor El Weasel

Cjay
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4194
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Paul Heckingbottom

Post by Cjay » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:25 pm

weasel wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:11 pm
Just looking at Barnsley results prior to PH coming to Leeds and they lost 4 and drew 1 of his last 5 matches there - who in their right mind would appoint a manager who was performing so badly - same old quotes coming from him after those matches - classic one from their 3-1 loss to Villa where he talks up their brief period of good play in the second half and bemoans the fact they were 2-0 down after 7 minutes. Same sense of deja vu with every match he has been in charge of for us - we will have a few minutes where we play well but for the majority of the match we will be sh*t and if we haven't conceded two or three we might get lucky and score.
Should definitely give him more time though.

Dont let a Championship loss percentage of 46% put you off or a win percentage of 26%.

He deserves time!!!

Cjay
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4194
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Paul Heckingbottom

Post by Cjay » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:03 pm

“Everyone’s had an opportunity and I’ve been fair with everyone, The type of team that ends up on the pitch next season has to reflect me. I want to see people fighting, trying to overachieve. They’ll go on and do good things if they do that,” 

There is SO much wrong with this statement!!!!

"The type of team that ends up on the pitch next season has to reflect me".


Doesnt it already? Seems to reflect Barnsley perfectly, losing a lot, hoofing a lot.

"Everyone's had an opportunity and I've been fair with everyone"

Indeed, and the club have been fair with you, gave you 16 games to prove yourself and you havent.

"I want to see people fighting, trying to overachieve"


I HATE that, he keeps saying "overachieve" . Its such a negative mindset!!!!!!!!!!!

If you overachieve it means you aim to fail!!! Can only overachieve if you go beyond your objectives. Unless we are aiming to avoid relegation or be mid table we cant overachieve!!!

We should be aiming for the flaming top !!!!

User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6531
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Espana

Re: Paul Heckingbottom

Post by weasel » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:51 pm

Cjay wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:03 pm

"I want to see people fighting, trying to overachieve"[/b]
That's what we were doing before his arrival over achieving (in comparison to how we have done since) and fighting with the opposition with a combination of headbutts, spitting and reckless lunges.
Senor El Weasel

User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6531
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Espana

Re: Paul Heckingbottom

Post by weasel » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:53 pm

Agree with you 100% Cjay. What's wrong with saying "We have some great players here, we need to add a bit of quality and then if they play like they can we are a good team"
Senor El Weasel

SG90
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Paul Heckingbottom

Post by SG90 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:41 pm

Cjay wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:03 pm
“Everyone’s had an opportunity and I’ve been fair with everyone, The type of team that ends up on the pitch next season has to reflect me. I want to see people fighting, trying to overachieve. They’ll go on and do good things if they do that,” 

There is SO much wrong with this statement!!!!

"The type of team that ends up on the pitch next season has to reflect me".


Doesnt it already? Seems to reflect Barnsley perfectly, losing a lot, hoofing a lot.

"Everyone's had an opportunity and I've been fair with everyone"

Indeed, and the club have been fair with you, gave you 16 games to prove yourself and you havent.

"I want to see people fighting, trying to overachieve"


I HATE that, he keeps saying "overachieve" . Its such a negative mindset!!!!!!!!!!!

If you overachieve it means you aim to fail!!! Can only overachieve if you go beyond your objectives. Unless we are aiming to avoid relegation or be mid table we cant overachieve!!!

We should be aiming for the flaming top !!!!
Completely agree. We have zero ambition if we want to keep him for next season.

SG90
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Paul Heckingbottom

Post by SG90 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:48 pm

This is what annoys me when fans/media say "judge him on his own signings." Yeah what potential signings are going to attracted by that mindset? The likes of Saiz and Jansson must be pretty pissed off too, they were sold something the club doesn't want. Maybe the ticket prices should match the club's ambition.

SG90
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Paul Heckingbottom

Post by SG90 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:49 pm

weasel wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:53 pm
Agree with you 100% Cjay. What's wrong with saying "We have some great players here, we need to add a bit of quality and then if they play like they can we are a good team"
Tinpot club mindset.

Cjay
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4194
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Paul Heckingbottom

Post by Cjay » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:54 pm

weasel wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:51 pm
That's what we were doing before his arrival over achieving (in comparison to how we have done since) and fighting with the opposition with a combination of headbutts, spitting and reckless lunges.
Makes no sense.

His talk of "overachieving " next season.

Well, if we have to overachieve to get top 6 then that means we are aiming to be mid table.

Thats exactly where TC had us so why sack him?

Mixed messages from the club if they keep Hecky next season based on the managers own words.

Cjay
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4194
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Paul Heckingbottom

Post by Cjay » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:59 pm

SG90 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:41 pm
Completely agree. We have zero ambition if we want to keep him for next season.
Makes no sense to keep him.

All this harping on about "give him time".

Fair enough to some extent.

But there has to be some sign of improvement to deserve time.

All he keeps going on about is the players proving themselves to him.

He has to prove HIMSELF to them!!!

Theres international players there, Champions League players, Real Madrid academy players, Premier league players, Serie A players, hell Pablo is a Confederations Cup winner and played alongside Jordi Alba under the current PSG manager.

Thats a squad who has spent the 7th most time in the top 6 this season.

If anyone has anything to prove its Heckingbottom to them.

Genghers
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4767
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Paul Heckingbottom

Post by Genghers » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:22 am

Cristiansen should never have been sacked. Fair enough we were in a bad spell, but he'd already turned one of those around. He also had us playing good football and top of the league at one point!

Results couldn't have have been worse had we kept TC, and we would have at least had the conistency leading into next season.

As it stands we've got Heck (who nobody really thinks is good enough) or A.N. Other to come in in the summer and we're back to square one.

Post Reply