Paul Heckingbottom

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Paul Heckingbottom - Press Conference Today

Post by Clive »

weasel wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:51 am This is why changing managers to ones with completely different styles is not a great idea (not having a go at PH but the board)
It might be a good idea if it was an experienced manager with a track record of promotion, but to go for someone untested with a different style doesn't make sense.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Paul Heckingbottom

Post by 1964white »

From Super J on a Brentford forum

"Disappointing end to what had been an excellent week so far. First time in a while I thought the players look tired, perhaps the exploits of Tuesday night as well as two long trips to the north east in a week had probably taken it out of them. Leeds looked fresher and sharper than us and despite a lot of possession, we barely created much all game, which is unlike us.

I think Heckingbottom did a bit of a job on us today, quick press and not allowing us space in the middle, they forced us wide and we didn't have the quality of delivery to trouble them. I've always liked him and he is often complimentary about what a good side we are, but I don't think we've been able to register a win against any of his Barnsley or Leeds sides"
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:31 pm From Super J on a Brentford forum

"Disappointing end to what had been an excellent week so far. First time in a while I thought the players look tired, perhaps the exploits of Tuesday night as well as two long trips to the north east in a week had probably taken it out of them. Leeds looked fresher and sharper than us and despite a lot of possession, we barely created much all game, which is unlike us.

I think Heckingbottom did a bit of a job on us today, quick press and not allowing us space in the middle, they forced us wide and we didn't have the quality of delivery to trouble them. I've always liked him and he is often complimentary about what a good side we are, but I don't think we've been able to register a win against any of his Barnsley or Leeds sides"
Are you his agent? Who cares what a Brentford fan thinks. So he knows how to get a result against Brentford? Shame he hasn't worked out what to do against other teams.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clive wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:45 pm Are you his agent? Who cares what a Brentford fan thinks. So he knows how to get a result against Brentford? Shame he hasn't worked out what to do against other teams.
Bring on Boro' :P
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:49 pm Bring on Boro' :P
A Barnsley fan's view for you:

"Rob, I read your stuff regular, as a Barnsley fan , you’ll see I’ve posted before,
I find it usually on the money” as far as showing the vibe from your club…..I’ve read yours and some of the replies and frankly I’m really surprised that you see him as a potential saviour amd not a man who is not here to “top up his pension” etc.
This is not a man who has a vision. HIs tactics and game awareness led to a humiliating defeat at our place ‘‘this season, and a shocking performance at yours last season….( even with our so called stars who were later to depart for new pastures].Now I’ve nowt against LUFC…No agenda, I detest Huddersfield Town, but I’m sorry lads, you will see through him in ten games,
A good act, smoke and mirrors. Yet there will be no Rabbit out of the hat…. amd I’m shocked that you are all pleased with his appointment!
I’ll be back at the end of April mate…. we may be down by then…. you won’t…. but his stubbornness, and not the lack of money, and backing will have put us there, he had the players this season to get us safe by now. His tactics, and poor game management left us where we are today.
You’d have been better going for Tommy Wright… Because since he left our club under a cloud, Hecky hasn’t had a clue."

He's another Grayson, Redfearn, McDermott, and for the fans to be repeatedly fooled by these losers is sad.
gessa

Post by gessa »

I'm not so sure it's fooled, more desperation taking hold.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not sure anyone is getting fooled, certainly not me ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Heckingbottom Out!

Post by Clive »

The name itself is bad enough!

It was a terrible appointment on paper, it's even worse in reality.

He has his best players back and results and performances have got worse.

Steve McLaren said we got it wrong from the start, the reality is Heckingbottom has got it wrong from the start in every game so far.

Leaving Forshaw out was unforgivable and he should be sacked for that alone.

He's playing back to basics 4-4-2 muck with low possession and hopeful balls, it's drained our confidence in attack without making us any better in defence.

He sounds obsessed with second balls. We're not a pub team, get on the ball and put moves together and you won't have to worry about second balls.

He's told the players that's where we are? If you've been top of the league and close to the top 6 all season would you let a bloke who's been in a relegation battle come in and tell you 11th is where you should be?

Darko got 6 games and did nothing wrong, why should this loser get any more?
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Re: Heckingbottom Out!

Post by 60sUnited »

Dont get carried away ! The basic facts imo are that in reality our squad is just not good enough no matter who the manager is ! No need for me to point out specifics, just look at our record over the last 10 games or more, we pluck a lucky hard earned win now and again and get a few draws, like many mid table teams. we are probably 6 quality signings away from a top two team and if we continue to persevere with Wiedwald............how daft is that !!!
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

We were on a poor run because of injuries and suspensions, we have key players back now and we look worse than we have all season.

If we're a mid table team then Christiansen was doing a good job and should have stayed.

Don't let this loser off the hook!
craighemmings
Ballboy
Ballboy
Twitter: @craighemmings

Post by craighemmings »

think he needs to be judged at Christmas he's inherited a bad squad in my opinion ....maybe in the summer new recruits and let some dead wood go may turn things around
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Opinion hasnt changed from the day he arrived. . . .
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

craighemmings wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:16 pm think he needs to be judged at Christmas he's inherited a bad squad in my opinion ....maybe in the summer new recruits and let some dead wood go may turn things around
If he left Forshaw out tonight, he'll do something like that again.

He isn't inherited a bad squad. If it was a bad squad why are people criticising Christiansen?

Why Christmas? That's the best part of a year away! So he has to be given till Christmas no matter what?

Let him have the summer so we can bring in players as good as Forshaw and he can leave them out, too?

The manager is worse than the squad. We weren't anywhere near to getting relegated, he would have been if he hadn't been given the ridiculous lifeline of coming here.

If we start next season with Heckingbottom then you can forget about going up, even if we bring in some top quality players.

If you don't wanna go up, fine, get behind him. If you do, if you're sick of losers like him, shout him out!
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Basic Fact after watching alot of LUFC both on tele and at Elland Rd and lots of Championship teams on TV.........we are nothing special, just mid table, the squad aint up to the job no matter who is in charge. Hecky has been hoodwinked by the LUFC 'we are a big club' philosophy, but he has inherited a second rate squad. Lets be honest, in an average championship league, we may struggle to maintain mid table !!
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

60sUnited wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:39 pm Basic Fact after watching alot of LUFC both on tele and at Elland Rd and lots of Championship teams on TV.........we are nothing special, just mid table, the squad aint up to the job no matter who is in charge. Hecky has been hoodwinked by the LUFC 'we are a big club' philosophy, but he has inherited a second rate squad. Lets be honest, in an average championship league, we may struggle to maintain mid table !!
Yeah some tosspot from Barnsley who had won 1 in 16 has been fooled into getting the Leeds job.

Little Leeds should be grateful that he lowered himself into taking this job.

What planet are you on?
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

The lack of a pecking order is a big issue tonight, too.

He's messing players about like some of the other laughably bad managers we've had.

O'Kane went from captain to not even making the bench, to starting again. Phillips has gone from being left out to starting, to being hauled off at half-time. Forshaw has gone from first choice to behind O'Kane and Phillips.

I hope he apologised to Phillips and Alioski because they didn't deserve to be hauled off at half-time, it was all his fault.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The whole point of making the change was to make a charge for top 6 . .

If it wasnt then theres no reason to change.

Orta and Radz believe this is a top 6 squad (it isnt).

So they brought Hecky in to make a push.

5 games later we are 1 point better off . . . . . .

Cant blame TC for that so who do you blame?

Radz and Orta for the squad
The players themselves
Hecky
Or all of them.

Ultimately as people said when TC was sacked, the buck stops with the manager.

So Hecky has come from a relegation battle and brought relegation form.

Wont accept "yeah but he has played the better sides" Thats a defeatist attitude imo . We are Leeds United we should be one of those better sides. Anyone can beat anyone in this league, ffs Boro couldn't beat Sunderland last week!!!! So the better sides argument holds no water.

Didnt want him from day 1, opinion hasn't changed. He is extremely fortunate to have the leeds job. And there are 5 or 6 players in the starting 11 who are extremely fortunate to be at Leeds in this league as well.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Clive wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:42 pm Yeah some tosspot from Barnsley who had won 1 in 16 has been fooled into getting the Leeds job.

Little Leeds should be grateful that he lowered himself into taking this job.

What planet are you on?
Obviously not on your delusional planet ! Whether it be TC or Heck or any other manager, our squad is not top six quality and why would it be given the scattergun approach that brought it together. I get pissed off with the rolling out of the 'big club' bollocks and having supported the team since 1964 I know we were once BIG but now we are a mid table championship club dependant on someone with a few bob buying us !!
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Bit undecided on Hecky, could have quite easily nicked it against Bristol and beat Derby, in which case everyone would have been praising the Messiah, we didn't and tonight was shocking and there's talk about whether he'll be here at the end of the season. In truth we haven't seen any real upturn since TC left and tonight was as bad as I've seen for a fair while. What worries me most is that you don't get the impression the players are buying in to whatever he's trying to do. He could have come out tonight and said "I got it wrong today" and taken the heat off the players, instead he goes for a "that's where YOU are" comment...on balance I fear for him.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

This squad contains at best 5-6 players who can be part of a team capable of a push for promotion.
Yesterday they looked and were soo bad, that not a single player looked good enough for a top 6 team.
We aren`t as bad as yestardays performance suggests, but it certainly did show that we are
way short of a team capable of promotion.
Will the younger players get better? Maybe, doubt it though. So not looking too good all in all.
Last edited by fred on Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.