Paul Heckingbottom

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Paul Heckingbottom

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:34 am I've seen every championship team this season, those above us in the main have a quality squad, fitter, quicker, bigger, tougher, press well & have a winning mentality....hence the reason we are 13th in the championship
Nope the reason we are 13th is the manager. We were 10th when he was appointed 1 point behind the team now in 6th place - they however after sacking their manager hired a manager with a record of success in this division.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:54 pm Nope the reason we are 13th is the manager. We were 10th when he was appointed 1 point behind the team now in 6th place - they however after sacking their manager hired a manager with a record of success in this division.
We were 10th headed for probably worse than we are now if TC stayed..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:49 pm Pot calling kettle black comes to mind :roll:
In what way? I didn't wan't Rosler sacked, didn't care for Evans but supported him and wouldn't have objected if he had been given a longer run, didn't want Monk sacked even when some were shouting for him to be sacked at the start of the season, didn't wan't Milanic sacked etc.

The Steve Evans appointment is very similar to the Paul Heckingbottom appointment with neither manager having had much success at championship level apart from fighting against relegation. Evans had criticised the set up at Leeds prior to his appointment in a similar way to how PH had had his 'hatred of Leeds' moment. It seems like the chairmen have both gone down the 'put your money where your mouth is then if you are going to criticise us' route. However Steve Evans despite not delivering us brilliant results at least suggested he had a clue about what he was doing and gave you the impression that with some key signings he could do better.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:54 pm Nope the reason we are 13th is the manager. We were 10th when he was appointed 1 point behind the team now in 6th place - they however after sacking their manager hired a manager with a record of success in this division.
We were dropping like a lead balloon after gaining only 2 points in TC's last six games

Confidence was probably at an all-time low as we didn't even look like winning another game.
Hecky has come in to Leeds trying to find a formula to stop the rot & inject some confidence into the squad, also he's had a difficult start having to face six of his seven matches against teams above us, Reading was his first easier game !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:19 pm In what way? I didn't wan't Rosler sacked, didn't care for Evans but supported him and wouldn't have objected if he had been given a longer run, didn't want Monk sacked even when some were shouting for him to be sacked at the start of the season, didn't wan't Milanic sacked etc.

The Steve Evans appointment is very similar to the Paul Heckingbottom appointment with neither manager having had much success at championship level apart from fighting against relegation. Evans had criticised the set up at Leeds prior to his appointment in a similar way to how PH had had his 'hatred of Leeds' moment. It seems like the chairmen have both gone down the 'put your money where your mouth is then if you are going to criticise us' route. However Steve Evans despite not delivering us brilliant results at least suggested he had a clue about what he was doing and gave you the impression that with some key signings he could do better.
You've been on Hecky's back since he arrived.

Tbh I'm surprised you of all people dismissed PH from the onset

My opinion still remains the same it's not the managers to blame, they can only do so much with an average plastered up squad
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

1964white wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:43 am Hecky's last 7 games = 6 points

Christiansen last 7 games = 2 points & knocked out of the cup by a League 2 side

The blame rests with Radz/Orta plus our average players on long contracts
I blame Orta, I blame the coach/DOF approach in general at this level as it prevents us attracting the type of coach we need who might be able to work a miracle.

In regards to the last 7 games, you could say what about first 4 or 5 or 6 and remember the last 7 for TC and he was without several players due to injury and suspension.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Richard wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:41 pm I blame Orta, I blame the coach/DOF approach in general at this level as it prevents us attracting the type of coach we need who might be able to work a miracle
Correct Richard no decent coach with pedigree will come to Leeds under the current system
Richard wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:41 pm In regards to the last 7 games, you could say what about first 4 or 5 or 6 and remember the last 7 for TC and he was without several players due to injury and suspension.
True we had players missing due to indiscipline, good to see that trait seems to improved under Hecky. Even PH has lost players with Ayling already out & Cooper, Roofe & Lonergan picking up injuries, not my favourites by any means & with Hernandez, Vieira & Lassoga all been carrying knocks it doesn't help him with our slender patched up squad
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Blame lies with Orta and Radz . . . This is a mid table squad end of story.

But can they justify sacking TC with us mid table and above all season. But not sacking PH if we end up below where TC had us?

Main gripe with PH is i havent seen anything positive. There were games under TC where we played lovely football and were unlucky.

Hand on heart i think the style of PH is dire and we could have easily lost every game first half.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:24 pm Blame lies with Orta and Radz . . . This is a mid table squad end of story.

But can they justify sacking TC with us mid table and above all season. But not sacking PH if we end up below where TC had us?

Main gripe with PH is i havent seen anything positive. There were games under TC where we played lovely football and were unlucky.

Hand on heart i think the style of PH is dire and we could have easily lost every game first half.
If Radz doesn't grasp championship football sooner than later & make the appropriate changes required you can see a roller coaster of managers in the future

Same old Leeds :(
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

I dont think any managers going to do well at Leeds as they aren't given time look at Lee Johnson at Bristol City they finished near the bottom last season but challenging for the play offs this time Dean Smith at Brentford they were near the bottom of the league after a few games this season now they are above Leeds,Slaviša Jokanović at Fulham they started the season terribly but are now in a p!ayoffspot if any of these had been at Leeds fans would of been calling for the managers head just like they are with Hecky.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Bally wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:30 pm I dont think any managers going to do well at Leeds as they aren't given time look at Lee Johnson at Bristol City they finished near the bottom last season but challenging for the play offs this time Dean Smith at Brentford they were near the bottom of the league after a few games this season now they are above Leeds,Slaviša Jokanović at Fulham they started the season terribly but are now in a p!ayoffspot if any of these had been at Leeds fans would of been calling for the managers head just like they are with Hecky.
Make a good point.

Time is important and as a fan base we arent patient.

I'm guilty, didn't want Hecky at all, fully admit that, but i wanted him to do well because as a fan you have to.

But he hasnt, we have been outplayed for 75% of his matches at least.

I think his poor record doesn't help, probably didnt help TC either that we didn't have a history to look at and say "look what he can do if given time".

Jokanovic and Smith have that, 2 men known for there excellent football, proven over a number of seasons at this level. And even at different levels they have success. Jokanovic has won titles abroad, Smith took Walsall from think it was 7points adrift in league 1, by time he left they were 4th and had drawn praise for there style and his tactics.

If we got someone like that i think (hope) our fanbase would support them, give them time.

Unfortunately i dont see that happening, Hecky goes we will get some cheap yes man. Until Radz wakes up :cry:
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

A little nugget before bed.

The Heck-7 games, 1 win, 3 defeats 3draws,15%win percentage. 6points

The Hock-6 games , 2wins, 4 defeats, 30%win percentage. . 6points
:roll:
Signed

King Cjay

hector

Post by hector »

Before bed??

I have been up an hour now.......
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

The trick is to evaluate on the fly, a good manager may have poor results for a number of reasons not least bad luck, but he will show signs. We didn't see that from TC imo and it was only going to get worse. I like the timing it's bought us a chance for Rads to evaluate the manager in season conditions, it's given a chance for Heck to look at all his players and start to formulate a strategy.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:01 pm The trick is to evaluate on the fly, a good manager may have poor results for a number of reasons not least bad luck, but he will show signs. We didn't see that from TC imo and it was only going to get worse. I like the timing it's bought us a chance for Rads to evaluate the manager in season conditions, it's given a chance for Heck to look at all his players and start to formulate a strategy.
Be a start if he had one.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Agreed, not looking good at the moment but still very early days...
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Nothing is going to change my opinion that we have a cheap yes man who is going to take us nowhere. Radz needs to wake up and step up
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Sorry, but this run now gives PH a 5 game average of 0.8 points per game. Thats where TC was after the Milwall game. After Milwall TC had 3 more games to turn things around, is that now all PH has got? Next 3 games are Bolton, Fulham and Sunderland. We need to get something from the Bolton and Sunderand games otherwise we are looking for a new manager and in serious danger of being in a relegation scrap.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

GO FOR f**k SAKE.....I HOPE HECKINGBOTTOM GETS SACKED.....I JUST WATCHED IRELAND BEATING ENGLAND TO WIN THE GRAND SLAM,THE TRIPLE CROWN AND THE 6 NATION CHAMPIONSHIP AND IT WAS A MILLION TIMES BETTER THAN THIS s**t FOOTBALL...PLAYERS WHO PUT IN A SHIFT...PLAYERS WHO CARE...PLAYERS WHO ARE TALENTED.

I DON'T CARE IF I AM SHOUTING....LEEDS UNITED ARE SHAMEFUL AT THE MOMENT !!!

GONNA GET ON TWITTER RADRIZZANI NOW AND EXPLAIN THAT U MUPPET ????
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Shields53 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:10 pm Sorry, but this run now gives PH a 5 game average of 0.8 points per game. Thats where TC was after the Milwall game. After Milwall TC had 3 more games to turn things around, is that now all PH has got? Next 3 games are Bolton, Fulham and Sunderland. We need to get something from the Bolton and Sunderand games otherwise we are looking for a new manager and in serious danger of being in a relegation scrap.
He has 10 wins in his last 46 Championship games. :(
Signed

King Cjay