Paul Heckingbottom

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
ron devie
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Paul Heckingbottom

Post by ron devie »

I judge by what they say and how they react - so far i haven't heard him suggest that he is in control, haven't heard him say he has any ideas and haven't heard him sound like he has anything to actually manage and improve the team, players or football that is being played. And unfortunately all of that is being echoed by what is happening on the pitch. We do have some decent players - whether they can be consistent is to be seen.
Love, light and peace!
hector

Post by hector »

Got to say, I think Heccy is out of his depth, he really does not seem to have a clue as to his best side, or formation, or tactics. Probably doesn't help that he is being undermined by Radz in the press. But just don't think he has the experience to cope here, and I really dred next season if he is in charge. In fact, as Shields has said, I am beginning to dread the end of this season, in case we struggle to stay up..
ron devie
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by ron devie »

Considering we are near the end of March - i would let him know he has this short break until we play Bolton and we need to see an improvement in results - play and teamwork and management - if he does that - then maybe he has a chance. If not he should feck off and it is about time we hired in someone who has a bit of track record and give them time.
Love, light and peace!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Since February.
Birmingham got 3 points vs Wednesday.
Barnsley (minus Hecky) got 1point
Milwall got 3 points
Villa got 3 points
Ipswich got 3 points
Bristol City got 3 points
Oh and on the 1st of January Burton beat them 3-0.

During that time they have had huge injury problems.

Today with the same, we lost 2-1 at home.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Better today for me...sorry folks guess that's against company policy
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

hector wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:30 am Before bed??

I have been up an hour now.......
I bet you wish you hadn't bothered now :roflmao:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:08 pm Better today for me...sorry folks guess that's against company policy
Kieren Westwood, Glenn loovens, Ross Wallace, David Jones, Kieren Lee, Gary Hooper, Steven Fletcher, Joost Van Aken, Fernando Forestieiri, Jordan Rhodes, Jacob Butterfield, Liam Palmer, Sean Clare . . Didnt play at all.

Barry Bannan and Sam Hutchinson only just back from injury so not fit.

And we lose 2-1 . . . How in the name of your birthday can you say we were better? :oops:
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Another little fact . Of managers with at least 8 games in charge Hecky has won the least games . .EVER.

Only Darko Milanic had a worse record apart from Hecky of any Leeds manager.

John Carver, David Hockaday, Uwe Rosler you name it, they all had better win percentages when sacked.
Signed

King Cjay

becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

He appears massively out of his depth. Ok he managed to get Grot to score :? that's obviously a fluke. The Heck has got Leeds to win 1 game out of 8 since he was appointed that's not a good start!! What happened to the new manager bounce?? :roll: I'd have to say I'm not impressed and I can't see him improving any time soon :cry: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Ronan wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:20 pm GO FOR f**k SAKE.....I HOPE HECKINGBOTTOM GETS SACKED.....I JUST WATCHED IRELAND BEATING ENGLAND TO WIN THE GRAND SLAM,THE TRIPLE CROWN AND THE 6 NATION CHAMPIONSHIP AND IT WAS A MILLION TIMES BETTER THAN THIS s**t FOOTBALL...PLAYERS WHO PUT IN A SHIFT...PLAYERS WHO CARE...PLAYERS WHO ARE TALENTED.

I DON'T CARE IF I AM SHOUTING....LEEDS UNITED ARE SHAMEFUL AT THE MOMENT !!!

GONNA GET ON TWITTER RADRIZZANI NOW AND EXPLAIN THAT U MUPPET ????
Crikey such anger that it needed CAPS LOCK on. I wonder if Ronan is actually Clive?

Bizarrely I have found that the questionIs Ronan actually Clive is actually an anagram of Clive is actually Ronan strange times indeed but surely proof if any was actually needed.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

weasel wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:07 pm Crikey such anger that it needed CAPS LOCK on. I wonder if Ronan is actually Clive?

Bizarrely I have found that the questionIs Ronan actually Clive is actually an anagram of Clive is actually Ronan strange times indeed but surely proof if any was actually needed.
:)
CAPS LOCK ON IS AN ANAGRAM OF HECKINGBOTTOM OUT !! :poo: :poo: :poo:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Stick or Twist

Post by Cjay »

On February 4th Leeds United sacked another manager, Thomas Christiansen was fired after a run of poor form. The fanbase was largely in favour of the sacking, the owner obliged.

Despite that we were 10th place and just 7 points outside the playoffs. Having been in and around the playoffs all season fans were hopeful. A new manager, new ideas, the new manager bounce, playoffs were still on.

In came the new manager, Barnsley boss Paul Heckingbottom was the new boss. 16 games, 7 points to make up, fans were hopeful. But nagging doubts were there, Heckingbottom hadnt had a good season, Barnsley were struggling, but for the sad death of the Barnsley owner and the new owners not wanting to create more issues its very possible Paul would have already been sacked.

But, everyone deserves the benifit of the doubt.

8 games, 1 win, 4 defeats, 3 draws later, the Leeds season is once again over. We have dropped from 10th 7 points off the playoffs to 14th, 8 points off 10th, 12 off the playoffs.

A season that started so promisingly has descended into a farce.

We have seen 0 improvement, and in my opinion if anything we are worse under Heckingbottom. The days of taking apart Bristol City and Boro are distant memories, the draws that should have been wins against Fulham and Villa feel like a lifetime ago.

For 8 games we have been largely outplayed, only perking up for 15-20minute spells. Understandable to an extent against the likes of Wolves and Boro, teams with arguably better squads.

But a 2-2 draw against Reading, a team without a win on a Saturday 3pm kickoff this season, a game we could have been 3-0 down before we woke up.

A 2-1 home defeat to a Sheffield Wednesday side where key first team players such as Kieran Westwood, Fernando Forestieiri, Ross Wallace, Kieran Lee, Jordan Rhodes, Joost Van Aken, Liam Palmer, Glenn Loovens and more didnt even play at all.

That simply isnt good enough.

The record of Paul Heckingbottom during his 8 game reign doesnt make good reading.
Played-8
Won-1
Defeats-4
Draws-3
Points-6
Goals-9
Conceded-16
Goal difference -7

The calls for his sacking have started, a win percentage worse then any Leeds manager apart from Darko Milanic and a style of football that is not the most pleasing on the eye.

So where do we go from here?

Do we sack Paul Heckingbottom and look for our 4th manager in 10months, or do we stick with him for the rest of the season and next season, give him time like all the pundits spout?

Personally I'm in the middle, i was in the minority it seemed, i didn't want Thomas Christiansen sacked, and i definitely didnt want Paul Heckingbottom appointed.

But i feel the reason we got Paul was because we sacked TC without a plan, then we scrambled around for well, anyone.

I don't want that again, so i feel Paul Heckingbottom should be given till the end of the season, then reassess.

However, that may be a temporary reprieve for the Barnsley boy. If i was Radz i would say"You have till the end of the season, but i expect us to finish strong, be a maximum of 6 points off the playoffs, and have a positive goal difference".

That will represent an improvement on what TC had.

If he is unable to achieve this then I'm afraid he has to go.
Signed

King Cjay

60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Re: Stick or Twist

Post by 60sUnited »

Agree with alot of your post Cjay. Just dont see any point in sacking Heck at the moment, as you suggest Radz should set targets and assess at the end of the season. What really worries me is that come the end of the season if we sack him.......who will we replace him with, cos if there are any real quality candidates they wont be queuing up to manage us !!
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

I would stick him with a long pole where the sun does not shine and twist him over an open fire with an apple in his mouth.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

ron devie wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:55 pm Considering we are near the end of March - i would let him know he has this short break until we play Bolton and we need to see an improvement in results
Just watched the Bolton vs Aston Villa match, who are in the playoffs and Bolton beat them 1-0
I would say we don't have a chance against Bolton. Oh how the mighty have fallen.
And Sunderland are bottom of the table... that is another game with a lose written all over it.

We have seriously lost our way.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

May as well give him to the end of the season as for us there’s nothing but pride to play for and we won’t get relegated, but he needs to be told in no uncertain terms we end the season well or your out
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

As I have said for a few weeks give him till the end of the season but that AR should be lining up a decent replacement for in the summer.
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

As the saying goes "you can't polish a turd". The coaches are not the problem here, the problem is the person bringing these players in. They are not good enough, it is as simple as that. Pep would not get this team promoted. Radz needs to change his business model, and if he cannot afford to do that then sell up. Leeds fans are impatient because we have been out of the top flight for too long, which is not Radz's fault, but if he can't deliver then it's best for both parties for him to leave sooner rather than later. To be honest his recent outbursts have not filled me with optimism.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Whilst we can all agree the squad isn't great the trouble is that you still need a manager that is capable of getting the most out of it and if PH fans use the poor squad excuse then it doesn't hold up as the previous coach got more out of them, albeit not all the time. So far we haven't had one performance from a PH side that could make us feel really positive.
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

Keep changing the manager you get nowhere give Hecky the summer and see where Leeds are at Christmas then judge him ATM he's still learning about the squad