Leeds v Bristol City - Team/News/Reports/Ratings....Sunday 4.30pm

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v Bristol City - Team/News/Reports/Ratings....Sunday 4.30pm

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:56 pm A bit unfair on Dallas I feel, many fans around me was surprised he was subbed as there were others on the park much worst than him.

Dallas created the chance Ekuban should have buried, a natural goalscorer would have slid that into the net. He also had the shot early in the match which their goalie saved, admittedly Dallas should have shot across the keeper. He worked hard & deserved a 6 imo!
Don't remember Ekuban having a chance?

Remember him doing well to set up Dallas who shot straight at the keeper.

He wasnt the worst player, but he wasnt a threat, you never got the impression he would score or worry the defenders.

Did ok imo but in terms of a threat thought Sacko was better.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

HarryofOz wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:48 pm Wiedwald 4.5 - made some good saves in the second half after a poor first half

Anita 5 - good on the ball but struggled defensively
Pennington 4.5 - a bit better in the second half after a poor first half
Jansson 5/5 - like most improved a bit in the second half after a poor first half, unlike his defensive partner looked good with the ball
De Bock 5 - like Anita, struggled for the most part to stop his opponent but improved in the second half.

Dallas 5 - did okay, nothing outstanding, nothing bad
O'Kane 4 - outplayed in the midfield throughout
Forshaw 5 - again improved in the second half after a poor first half
Hernandez 6 - our most dangerous attacking player, two goal assists and a few other dangerous passes/crosses which were wasted by the recipient, but goes to ground way to easily when beaten in a challenge

Ekuban 0 - ineffectual, can't recall him winning a single challenge for the ball or getting into a goal scoring position or creating anything
Lasogga 1 - did score a nice goal and came close to another, otherwise loses every single challenge and then throws up his arms in disbelief that such a thing should be allowed to happen

Sacko 5.5 - played his part in turning the game around
Roofe 6 - played his part in turning the game around and scored
Phillips 5 - didn't notice him much apart for the dive and the missed chance
Bit harsh imo.
Showed good strength and pace to set up the Dallas chance 1st half. . Was a fraction late to Hernandez's cross ball.

Seen worse striking performances, just wish he'd score, do him the world of good.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Cjay wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:12 pm Bit harsh imo.
Showed good strength and pace to set up the Dallas chance 1st half. . Was a fraction late to Hernandez's cross ball.

Seen worse striking performances, just wish he'd score, do him the world of good.
Sorry, I forgot about setting Dallas up - mea culpa. Now that I remember, the match commentator criticised Ekuban for not putting the pass in the right spot, but I disagree with that. I thought at the time he got it right. Ekuban has yet to impress me though.

As for the Hernandez cross, to me that shows a lack of instinct in both Ekuban and Lasogga on this occasion. When a player is in in the position that Hernandez was in, chasing the ball and having to whip it across first time, the only place that ball will come across is the six yard box. As soon as Hernandez moved to get the ball, the two of them should have been charging full pace to the edge of the box. Ekuban was too slow to move and Lasogga just stuck around the penalty spot where the ball was never going to go.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:26 pm Sorry, I forgot about setting Dallas up - mea culpa. Now that I remember, the match commentator criticised Ekuban for not putting the pass in the right spot, but I disagree with that. I thought at the time he got it right. Ekuban has yet to impress me though.

As for the Hernandez cross, to me that shows a lack of instinct in both Ekuban and Lasogga on this occasion. When a player is in in the position that Hernandez was in, chasing the ball and having to whip it across first time, the only place that ball will come across is the six yard box. As soon as Hernandez moved to get the ball, the two of them should have been charging full pace to the edge of the box. Ekuban was too slow to move and Lasogga just stuck around the penalty spot where the ball was never going to go.
A decent goal poacher would have slid that opportunity into the net

Too many times over the last couple of games where our players have stood around ball-watching & not anticipated situations

Blunts first goal
O'Kane too slow to react to the penalty incident
City's Diedhiou allowed three touches & not a single block from our defenders for the first goal
Ekuban not anticipating Hernandez's cross
Other passes from Pablo not anticipated, Hernandez brain thinks far quicker than others around him

Heck has to get to the bottom of our players minds & casual reactions as it has cost us many points over the last couple of months
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:14 am A decent goal poacher would have slid that opportunity into the net

Too many times over the last couple of games where our players have stood around ball-watching & not anticipated situations

Blunts first goal
O'Kane too slow to react to the penalty incident
City's Diedhiou allowed three touches & not a single block from our defenders for the first goal
Ekuban not anticipating Hernandez's cross
Other passes from Pablo not anticipated, Hernandez brain thinks far quicker than others around him

Heck has to get to the bottom of our players minds & casual reactions as it has cost us many points over the last couple of months
I thought/said exactly the same thing about City's first goal. Sure Weiwald's punch was rubbish, but Diedhiou had the ball trapped under his feet and the defence had plenty of time to close him down, no-one moved.

Absolutely agree about Pablo, same thing happens with Saiz as well.

It'll be interesting to see if things improve with Saiz and the other suspended players back.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

A bizzare game really, the result in the end was probably a fair one. We actually started the game well and put Bristol under pressure. Then moments later, 2 set pieces change the whole pattern of the game, poor goalkeeping and poor defending cost us once again. Bristol then started to play some wonderful football, whilst we were a shambles in every sense of the word. We then get a goal out of nothing thanks to a wonderful delivery from Hernandez who like the crowd just never gave up fantastic finish from Lasogga as well. As bad as we were for 70 minutes we created a lot of chances.

Wiedwald 3- comfortably his worst game for us, awful for the first goal and all over the place on set pieces.
Anita 6- His best game for a while tbf, much better defensively but put us under pressure giving the ball away too easily.
Pennington 4- Really poor his use of the ball was dreadful and was less than convincing defensively.
Jansson 7- One man defence, won everything on the ground.
De Bock 6- Positioning wasn’t great at times.
Dallas 5- Missed a decent chance and some really poor crossing in a quiet game. Poorest game for a while.
Forshaw 6- A very mixed game for 70 minutes he struggled to help us get any control in the game and was poor in possession and all over the place defensively. Significantly improved during the last 20 minutes with some lovely use of the ball.
O’Kane 4- At fault for 2nd goal, no coincidence that we improved significantly when EOK came off in all honesty
Hernandez 9- Man Of The Match simply outstanding he just never stopped and created so many chances.
Lasogga 7- Lovely finish in a difficult game.
Ekuban 5- Created a big chance but a poor game sadly for Ekuban needs to show more composure in front of goal.
Subs:
Sacko 6- Some nice touches but probably the least effective of the substitutes.
Roofe 7- Good finish
Phillips 7- Made a good impact the whole balance of the game changed as soon as KP came on.

All in all a lot to work on but there are definitely positives.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oscar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:56 pm
Hernandez 9- Man Of The Match simply outstanding he just never stopped and created so many chances
Outstanding at Bramall Lane & again yesterday

Pablo & Lassoga already look better players under Heck
jindy30
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by jindy30 »

Glad we went 442. time to get back to basics, and stop falling over all the time. Thought the team was more balanced, and mature on the ball, with Anita, Forshaw, and dallas. Also have been wanting Dallas back. He';s a pro, not frills and adds balance to certain other players.

In addition i have been impressed with SAcko since he has been used as sub. he seems more sure of what he needs to do. Unfortunately or fortunately when Saiz returns it adds a new conundrum to the 442 set up.