Leeds v Bristol City - Team/News/Reports/Ratings....Sunday 4.30pm

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v Bristol City - Team/News/Reports/Ratings....Sunday 4.30pm

Post by The Subhuman »

Clacton White wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:19 am I guess that's why they are in the championship . You get players who are regular at teams like Man City , Chelsea etc and they aren't world class , so you aren't going to get them in the championship ( or similar second tiers abroad ) - there are a handful of "world class " players - a very over used term ....you're looking at Messi , Aguero and that calibre . I wouldn't say Harry Kane is world class yet . He's very , very good ....but NOT world class .
That's what I think anyway :)
I just heard him described as the fourth best player in the world and the complete forward
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

gessa wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:24 am Come on mate, it's time to get off the fence and really tell what you think of O'Kane. :)
Oh , alright then .............. :)
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Team I would go with have to play Lasogga and Ekuban together imo our best centre mid (Vieira) has to play as well. Just don't see the point of playing wingers atm all of them are totally out of form and Dallas+De Bock should be able to provide the width as Forshaw and Phillips can drop in to protect them when they push forward.
Bristol City.jpg
Bristol City.jpg (21.55 KiB) Viewed 2384 times
Subs: Lonergan, Anita, O'Kane, Alioski, Sacko, Cibicki, Roofe
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oscar wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:21 pm Team I would go with have to play Lasogga and Ekuban together imo our best centre mid (Vieira) has to play as well. Just don't see the point of playing wingers atm all of them are totally out of form and Dallas+De Bock should be able to provide the width as Forshaw and Phillips can drop in to protect them when they push forward.

Bristol City.jpg
Subs: Lonergan, Anita, O'Kane, Alioski, Sacko, Cibicki, Roofe
I'd give us a chance with that team Oscar :tup:

At least we wouldn't be playing with 8 or 9 men :roll:

Is it any wonder why we haven't won any matches of since Boxing Day :shock:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I'll hold back with my score prediction until I know who Heck starts with for this game
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Good afternoon and a warm welcome to Elland Road where Paul Heckingbottom takes charge of his first home game as our new head coach.

We were delighted to be able to appoint Paul so quickly and to also ensure that he was joined by his core backroom team of Jamie Clapham, Nathan Winder and Alex Bailey.

Changing the coaching set up mid-season was not a decision we took lightly. As a club we believe that stability and length of tenure of the management team is a key pillar of long-term success. However, as we slipped further from our season’s clear objective, and with performances not positively evolving in the way we expected, a change needed to be made.

As soon as we met with Paul we knew we shared the same principles and values. Furthermore, he has excellent experience of the rigours of Championship football and has previously demonstrated he has the ability to successfully resurrect a faltering promotion challenge mid-season.

His first meeting with the players quickly established the high standards he demands of those around him and a no-nonsense approach to club discipline which I believe we have lacked to date. What also became quickly evident was, as a Yorkshire lad, the respect he has for our club and the understanding of the scale and potential.

It is also important to recognise what he achieved in his previous role where he consistently and significantly outperformed based on the resources available to him. We believe we have made an appointment that can both have an immediate impact but also grow with the club over time. Naturally we will need to have a level of patience as the squad adapts to his vision and approach but this process will be greatly accelerated by our unwavering and vocal home and away support.

Finally it is great to report that, in addition to regularly attending our home matches, Peter Lorimer has rejoined the directors party for away matches and was at Bramall Lane to present former teammate Tony Currie with a memento from Leeds United marking 50 years of service to Sheffield United. It is a morale boost for everyone at the club to have Peter back.

MOT!

Angus Kinnear

Managing Director

His notes from todays game.

1)"As a club we believe that stability and length of tenure of the management team is a key pillar of long-term success. However, as we slipped further from our season’s clear objective, and with performances not positively evolving in the way we expected, a change needed to be made" . .Fair enough, so that means this season's objective remains the same, Playoffs, Hecky gonna need a miracle.

2)"as a Yorkshire lad, the respect he has for our club and the understanding of the scale and potential" . .He hates LeeDs, said so himself, dont hold that against him but a Yorkshire lad who hated us growing up nonetheless.

3) "It is also important to recognise what he achieved in his previous role where he consistently and significantly outperformed based on the resources available to him" . .Im sorry but this is a line that keeps getting trotted out, he didnt, his form since he lost his 3 best players in January of last year was relegation form, which was to be expected, but dont try and claim something that isnt true to justify him.

4)Furthermore, he has excellent experience of the rigours of Championship football and has previously demonstrated he has the ability to successfully resurrect a faltering promotion challenge mid-season. . .He hasn't even two full seasons of Championship football to his name, not experienced in the least. And yes, he did do very well to get Barnsley promoted, but that was league 1, this isnt.

5) The final paragraph is great news, although my opinions of Peter as a player/Leeds person are tainted with never seeing him play and only knowing him as a puppet to Ken Bates, but i appreciate his history. More importantly, im glad to see anyone who is very sick improve.

Hope for the win . . PLEASEEEEEEEEEE :) :) :) :) :) :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Wiedwald, Anita, Pennington, Jansson, De Bock, Forshaw, O'Kane, Dallas, Hernandez, Lasogga, Ekuban

Lonners, Denton, Vieira, Phillips, Roofe, Alioski, Sacko.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Alright with that apart from the 2 in the middle and again no centre back on the bench.

O'Shame is dreadful and he and Forshaw are to similar, whose going to put themselves about and win tackles?
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

442 with not much in the way of defensive mid..

Who reckons Sacko will get on before Roofe or Alioski
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Should win if Bristol play as badly as they did in Bristol ...we walked through them that day
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

13th now btw ...draw gets us back to 11th
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Not overly keen on the midfield.

2 in mid are not very combative, Dallas for all the calling for a chance hasnt really ever shone in his Leeds career, and Pablo wide left in a 442 . . . .

But Roofe and Ali been very off form so fair enough, and glad to see Ekuban get a chance.
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

That was my team except i had Vieira instead of O'fuckup.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Up in the Scotish Highlands, hoping the village pub are showing it. Will be leaving soon for a nice 10 minute stroll and to sample the local brew, may treat myself to a wee nip if we win.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

link found already ..my my. If there's a you tube one out there though anyone knows about
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ekuban sets up Dallas for our first shot on target, saved
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Weak Weidwald punch ...got the FK though
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

gessa wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:00 pm Up in the Scotish Highlands, hoping the village pub are showing it. Will be leaving soon for a nice 10 minute stroll and to sample the local brew, may treat myself to a wee nip if we win.
Here's to hoping you're properly pissed come dinner time.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Pathetic from Wiedewald
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

0-1 Weidwald error.